Wing Commander Prophecy: Boom Boom recipe

Err.....Head you're right about the driving part. But since I'm 18, whatever
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's correct, DH.
To get your license you have to be 18. In driving school you have to do a certain amount of driving hours and theoretical lessons. A driving hour costs usually around $15. In addition there is a basic fee and exam fees (both for theoretical and practical exams).
Then there are certain special driving lessons to complete like driving by night or on the freeway/Autobahn.
In the US it's possible to get your license at school, right? Well, that would be a good thing over here, too.

On the subject of drinking: I myself like a good shot of Scotch every now and then. But as I just mentioned driving I have to say that many people that just passed their license over here are stupid enough to d&d. Every weekend there are news about people who wrecked their car on their way home from a party.

Oh, I almost forgot. Hi, Bugscratch! Another German around here!
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

[This message has been edited by Nighthawk (edited April 21, 2000).]

You're right LOAF, I don't drink much. The first and last time that I was drunk was 4 years ago when I was 14. Threw up 3 times without realising it while I was sleeping and had stomach "problems" the day after. Didn't touch a glass of alcohol for 3 years after that. Last year I started again, but not much. Just cocktails and stuff, no beer (bah!) or liquor (too strong). I think that event traumatized me
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Kalk, you're not missing much
smile.gif
Stick to Coke, Jolt, Dr. Pepper and other caffiene laden carbonated drinks
smile.gif

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Kalkrath II said:
I have yet to drink. I hate the smell of beer, not to mention it's mostly Canadian.

Ok, those who know about liquor, keep quiet.

Kal, would you drink a malt? Just answer yes or no. And beer isn't mostly Canadian, alot of it's brewed in the states, some in Austraila (Fosters kicks ass, though, it's expensive around here (about the only place you can find it is at expensive restrauants, and those are few and far between,) and the local liquor stores don't have it because they don't like to buy it because it doesn't sell too well, but people don't know what htey are missing.) Just answer the question Kal, would you drink a malt?

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Heyas Nighthawk, good to know I'm not alone
smile.gif

As for beer, you Americans, most of the stuff labeled "German" in your stores doesn't deserve to be called that. My sister once saw "St. Pauli Dark" beer in one of your bars. St. Pauli is a part of Hamburg, Germany, but the beer was brewed in Bremerhaven or something, a place somewhere far away from St.Pauli. And the label of the beer showed a girl in Bavarian dress, Bavaria is at the other end of Germany.
And I bet it hasn't got half of the alcohol that real German beer has.
BTW, I hate beer
smile.gif

I`m sorry to throw this subject off the topic (AGAIN!!
smile.gif
), but doesn`t anyone find it odd how much all the pilots drink in the WC universe? I mean, they pour so much alcohol into their blood stream, especially in Prophecy, I`m surprised we ever defeated the Kilrathi.
Any comments?

[This message has been edited by Mad Hatter (edited April 23, 2000).]

I'm surprised that the medics don't run out of green goo!
smile.gif

But let's face it. What else is there to do?
Play cards? Ok, they do that (watch Smudo in this group!)
Chat up women? Well, I'd like to see someone trying a move on Stiletto!
biggrin2.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Mad Hatter said:
I`m sorry to throw this subject off the topic (AGAIN!!
smile.gif
), but doesn`t anyone find it odd how much all the pilots drink in the WC universe? I mean, they pour so much alcohol into their blood stream, especially in Prophecy, I`m surprised we ever defeated the Kilrathi.
Any comments?

[This message has been edited by Mad Hatter (edited April 23, 2000).]

Well, after a period of time, your body will develop a tolerance to alcohol, meaning you can drink a shitload, and you'll just be getting started. As much as they drink, I'd imagine their tolerance level is pretty high.
smile.gif

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Hehe, they have a high tolerance for alcohol now. When they get to Blair's age, they'll have a very shot up liver.
smile.gif

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

I have a mild allergy to alcohol. Also I have a very high tollerence for it. Other than the mild asmatic (sp?) attack, I get nothing from it.

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

[This message has been edited by Meson (edited April 23, 2000).]

Y'know, they might have come up with some sort of synthetic alcohol that's easy to matabolize or something and so doesn't mess up your liver. So they could probably drink all they want, still have control over their major motor skills and thus beat the Kats.

Talking about alergies, I have a mild alergy to crustaceans. Eating them made me lips itch. Doesn't stop me from eating seafood though.

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Doesn`t that kinda defy the whole purpose of alcohol? -Getting drunk? I mean if they don`t get drunk, what`s the reason for drinking something so disgusting even it`s smell makes you sick. If you can`t get drunk from alcohol, and it tastes really bad - stick to Coke.

Too late, Bugscratch.
smile.gif

Coke is far superior to Pepsi. Although, I suppose at a pinch, Pepsi will do... barely. Well, as long as it keeps you awake long enough to finish your assignment, it's ok, I s'pose.

Hello all.

Here's to prove that Pepsi is very superior to Coke:

Once I burned my tongue very badly (no, not due to alcohol) by drinking hot coffee or something (I forgot). Then Coke had a horrible aftertaste for about a week. Pepsi didn't. Now when I drink Coke, I can still feel that aftertaste a little, so I prefer Pepsi. Must be all that Cocaine in the Coke...

MajiK6pt5

Back