Wing Commander Continuation Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aah yes...

Suddenly it's all clear to me...

I'm the keeper of the cheese, and You're the lemon salesman! And he knows it! That's why he's trying to kill us! Don't worry little missy, I'l save Ya! *scampers*

First Ill sign the pertion. Second any pertion should concluded with a stardard message and a signee on the end thus you send many letters note just a list that really bugs them since they have to read all of them. Lastly why don't we organise a community project and then pester ea to allow them to develope a sequal. The linced material can be projected via a contract promissing not to leak else court. Might work since they dont have to do any work.

Ah Armada...

I use to be one of the tech dorks in High School, and one day I decided to sneak Armada onto the computer for a little after school fun.

I...forgot...it needed a bootdisk and the computer re-wrote the autoexec.bat, config.sys, etc. So whenever you turned the computer on, she'd go straight to Armada...no Dos prompt either, cause once you exited the game, the computer reboot automatically.

We had to disconnect the hard drive, slave it to another, "clone" the nessessary files and put the hard drive back in it's original PC.

Of course, me and my friends being goof-offs, let it sit there for a week while we played on Lenix and reconfigured the school's network security system to allow us to play Duke Nukem 3D over the network. :)

I'm still a lil pissed I never got to play Armada multi-player, and I can't even find my damned CD now-a-days. It's probably been two or three years since I last saw it...:(

Ah, so many stories...

That story doesn't make sense... why would the computer reboot when you exited Armada? And why didn't you just cntrl out of the batch file while you were starting up, and then edit it to take out automatically running Armada? And since when does Armada reconfigure your autoexec?

::blink::

Fact of the Matter is, LOAF, this happened when I was a Sophmore or a Freshman in High School...roughly 5 years ago. I don't remember many details, but I do remember reading in the Armada Installation guide that you DID have to edit the autoexec to get Armada to work (if the bootdisk didnt do it it's self).

As for why it rebooted, I dunno. It was just stuck in a loop. I could get into BIOs, I remember doing that a few dozen times but that was pretty much it.

Why didn't I Control out of the Batch File and edit the files? I was still learning computer stuff and I had no idea you could do that. Hell, if you told me I could do that now-a-days, you'd still throw me for a loop. I tend to become confused by outside information. :) I still define Windows between Win 3.1 and 95.

And I'm running on Windows ME...is F-Disk even on these things anymore? *lol*

Aaaah, memories...

I remember in high school after I got dumped by this girl I got so angry that two friends and I made a virus that crashed the entire school network... three times. Everything that wasn't backed up, files, grades, evaluations, contracts, schedules, everything just went dead when the virus came... I got my revenge after that, but I was a bit of an a-hole in high school...

Needless to say I was the planner, and NOT the executor. I jnow a little about editing hex and playing arond with savegames and stuff but not enough to hack into the school's security systems. Good thing I had Marcus :)

Technically, I didn't do anything wrong... I coined the idea, but didn't do any of the work... So I'm clean... But I was just remembering school network adventures...

Hey, You still outrank me, and I'm WAY coole than You so I wouldn't complain! *lol*

But yeah, it woud be cool to kick KV back into plebe and get me a burger logo *lol*

Did I say that?

Did I say that?

Oh, it appears that I said that. I wonder why...

Could it be cause I'm smooth as ice and twice as nice and have never had a bad day in my damn life?! :)

That, and you're an accessory to the fact...

See, if you know of an illegal activity going on, say, hacking into a school network, but don't report it or prevent it, then you're just as guilty as if you committed the crime!

Ah, justice.

I just can't believe he said he's cooler than me, bahh... just because I'm insane doesn't meen anything I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weeeeeell... I can always deny that I knew about it BEFORE it was done, and noone ever asked me anything afterwards... Noone would ever have suspected meee...

And could we lay off the legal things? I am perfectly aware of what happened, but hey, that was the same week I cut my wrists open, give me a break.

I'm a criminal mastermind!

At the time I was going through some really rough stuff. My life hasn't been a walk in the park. Recently, it took a turn for the worse again, but that's irrelevant. We all do dumb things and behave stupidly. My job is to make sure I learn from my experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back