Wing Commander Continuation Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
WC Revival Petition already exists

Hey guys..I just found this thread.
So if anybody is interested in joining a petition for a revival/continuation of WC/Priv then go here:

http://www.wcrevival.de and join the so far 155+ members ;)

Btw...we still need somebody who would write the final letter as soon as we'll have enough members...I am the webmaster and founder but German, and I don't think my English is perfect enough to write a so important letter.
As LOAF said..it should look professional, and not like a 5 sec blah blah ;)

CU at http://www.wcrevival.de

I think I put in my vote ages ago when there was only a dozen or too signatures... perhaps you could look at the WCESCRP as an example and learn from its mistakes.

I'll sign any petetion that may bring a conclusing to the Prophecy Saga.

If this is for only getting old stuff re-released, count me out. I only want something new to buy.

I want to know what happens to the bugs too. I wouldn't mind a re-release of an old game, but I prefer a Prophecy sequel (don't say SO) to a new Privateer or a pre-Kilrathi war WC.

You know, I think it's time for us to stop treating a new WC game as a God given right to the gaming community... I mean, al good things must come to an end, right? And now it's time for this one. But look what we have...

WC, WC2, WC3, WC4, Prophecy, SO, Academy, Armada, Priv, P2, the movie, the movie book, the pilgrim novels, the merchandise, the TCH, the seven game novels and countless fan mods on the way... I'd say that's enough for anyone to be complete. As much as I would like to see WC continue, I think we ought to look at what we already have...

Originally posted by gryphon
You know, I think it's time for us to stop treating a new WC game as a God given right to the gaming community... I mean, al good things must come to an end, right? And now it's time for this one. But look what we have...

WC, WC2, WC3, WC4, Prophecy, SO, Academy, Armada, Priv, P2, the movie, the movie book, the pilgrim novels, the merchandise, the TCH, the seven game novels and countless fan mods on the way... I'd say that's enough for anyone to be complete. As much as I would like to see WC continue, I think we ought to look at what we already have...

And conclude it has no ending. They started the bug storyline but do not finish it. I think most of us want them to finish it. I only want them to finish it because I want another WC game, but if they have to end it perhaps it is better this way. The best story's have an open ending, so you can fantasise about what happenes next.

Excuse me loaf? flame me for trying to get something going? and when i told people this thread wasn't I sounding board i just wanted it for signatures in this thread.

As for my host, that has nothing to do with my project. As for my programming skills- i've written a BSP compiler that I had to half way reverse engineer the BSP format with the help of two friends. Third: if you treat people that come in trying to help like this it doesn't suprise me why more hard core modders that can crank out stuff aren't around.

Originally posted by Kazan
Excuse me loaf? flame me for trying to get something going? and when i told people this thread wasn't I sounding board i just wanted it for signatures in this thread.

Hehehe, you were flamed? Where?

As for my host, that has nothing to do with my project. As for my programming skills- i've written a BSP compiler that I had to half way reverse engineer the BSP format with the help of two friends.

That's nothing. Just last night I was core-kerneling my D++ compiler with some PCB's I got straight from RS-triple-BC. And without using the Shell.H too, I was kicking it old skool!

Third: if you treat people that come in trying to help like this it doesn't suprise me why more hard core modders that can crank out stuff aren't around.

I don't see how you telling people where they can post on our Chat Zone is helping anything.

Erm, that wasn't a flame -- I'm telling you what you're doing wrong... it's very valuable advice, if you want a project like this to have any chance at success.

Normally, I'd only be weary of that...burger-Creature LOAF has made his mascot, but the caption underneath sends me to places undreamed of by H.P. Lovecraft.

For the love of God and the Confederation, Man, rid me of that abomination! God knows, if I see Mayor McCheese at McDonalds ever again, I may go mad and attempt to kill him by ripping his throat (assuming he has one) out with my teeth, for sake of the children.

oooookkkkkkaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy..........

again, I'm with Plan9, I want an ending to the bugs! After that I can fantasize about whatever in the WC universe without it ever contradicting the canon.

You want some like destroying the Bug Homeworld ????
the earth ?????, Or they are us in the very future ????

I think I ripped a burger's throat off yesterday... at least it felt like it... oh anyway...

The only thing I'd like to see is who the Aligned poples are!

My own preferred story is as I stated a few days ago:

"Last night I dreamt I played WC6, and Blair wasn't dead... He wasn't even missing... it turned out that the Bugs were the good guys, fleeing from the Mantu because the Mantu were eating them up back in their space, so we joined up with them and the Kats to kick the Mantu out of the galaxy, and Blair brokered the deal when his tower jumped to Bug space... crazy... "

I believe 'aligned people' refers to the different species of bug -- regular, warlord, mother creature and so forth...

Well I guess it might... but I always thought of it as a little tidbit of information the bugs "accidentally" left us with for the sole purport of actually building up these expectations... Too bad we'll never see the fruit of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back