Who will you join up with?

the AG is after guild if you have a timeline you will know tha the battle of corrin was in 0 ag approx and have been 14500 years from now to the battle of corrin, in fact we are 25000 years before the fist book of dune
if you want i can mail you 1 timeline

[Edited by Ghost on 02-18-2001 at 16:07]

Another great series of possible future history books beyond dune and the foundation series (which were excelent), read the Heinlein future history books like The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Stranger in a strange land, Time Enough for Love, Methusala's Stepchildren, The Number of the Beast, To sail beyond the sunset, and The Cat who walks through walls. All high class books.

BTW is it just me or were the three new foundation books really really bad. Why did those writers introduce Joan of Arc and Voltaire?

Larry Niven's Known Space, Jerry Pournelle's CoDominium and David Weber's Honor Harringston series are good reccomendations for WC fans.

I'll try reading them but I am currently about to start endrun. I have not read it yet and reading school books has gotten in the way.

I would join up with confed, Space Force.

And also with the Alliance of Free Planets (pilot ofcourse, red squadron...)

If you want to read a great series check out the Space Odessy series. It has the best "villian" (if you read the books you will know what i mean) in the form of HAL 9000. It is a great book that should be read and the other books in the series for that matter. I have read the first book of the Rama series and i enjoyed it and i wish to continue to read it. IF anyone has read it could you please tell me if the rest of the books are worth reading? Alliance of Free Worlds? Where was that? Like i said before it's Earthforce for me baby! Could you send me a copy of the timeline...papachulo10@hotmail.com

2001 was a classic, 2010 was good, 2061 was unremarkable and 3001 was the worlds worst book.

The Rama series is excellent, though -- the other three are fairly different from the first book, and more enjoyable IMO. (The two spinoffs are pretty good, too.)

Originally posted by papachulo10
Dune realistic? Yeah "spice" is what makes ships go faster than light.

Not quite. Spice is what allows the guild navigators
to guide their vessels through FTL space without the
use of computers. It enhances their sensory perceptions,
granting them some foretelling capability, and their
natural computational ability. The actual propulsion
mechanism, is not,
I think, discussed in any of the Dune books.

Oh, yeah. If I could pick an SF universe, I think I
wouldn't join a particular organization. Instead, I'll
take that independent Tarsus-class freighter from
Privateer and set out to make my fortune. I'll be the
guy with the fastest ship in the galaxy thumbing his
nose at all those uniformed goons on carriers who
can't catch me :).

Respectfully,

Brian P.

[Edited by pendell on 02-19-2001 at 13:32]

Alliance of Free Planets. That how the Rebel Alliance is called after the fall of the empire.

ICE: exactly 6 months after endor, the rebel alliance is renamed the New Republic, not the alliance of free people. Geeze get your facts straight man, the New Republic is only what it is called in every single post endor book that exists (all 40 of them)

Originally posted by papachulo10
[I have read the first book of the Rama series and i enjoyed it and i wish to continue to read it. IF anyone has read it could you please tell me if the rest of the books are worth reading? papachulo10@hotmail.com [/B]

They are great Don´t miss one, the last is the better

Terran Confederation obviously.
Also because I think the pilots stand a better chance of not getting killed early in combat, like X-Wing or like pilots (so much lower shield guys...)
TIE fighter pilo would be my worst choice...

But hey, Terran Confed, but at the WC I or II times, not the later times. Yeah, I know I'm chickenshit and I don't wanna die... ;)

Back