Who will you join up with?

In the WC universe, obviously the Confederation Space Forces. In a universe of Star Wars, I think I would prefer to be in the Imperial Navy flying a TIE Experimental Advanced fighter. In the Freespace universe, boy thats not a hard one to choose! Until the Terran fleet makes their fighters fly like fighters and not bombers, Id go for the Shivan forces, flying that awsome Dragon. If the universe was like privateer, I might be a mercenary with a Centurion loaded up with level 7 engines and 5 shields. Id try to locate that informant and see if they had a few of those copies left of that gun and load up that ship all the way with them! Care to join in on the melee?! :D

RFBurns

Yeah, the TIE ADVANCED were the first TIEs to have shields mounted on them, FU***** hard to nail in X-Wing in the last missions...
They're the ones that stand the highest chance of survival...

Originally posted by mpanty
Yeah, the TIE ADVANCED were the first TIEs to have shields mounted on them, FU***** hard to nail in X-Wing in the last missions...
They're the ones that stand the highest chance of survival...

'Course, you should try dogfighting TIE Defenders in
TIE Fighter -- especially in the expansion packs.

Nominal speed of 150. Heavier shields than advanced.
Advanced missiles which will blow apart an advanced
with a single shot. And, in the player version, a
tractor beam forcing the bad guy to hold still while
you pummel him. I tell ya, *quite* a piece of work.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Originally posted by RFBurns
In the WC universe, obviously the Confederation Space Forces. In a universe of Star Wars, I think I would prefer to be in the Imperial Navy flying a TIE Experimental Advanced fighter. In the Freespace universe, boy thats not a hard one to choose! Until the Terran fleet makes their fighters fly like fighters and not bombers, Id go for the Shivan forces, flying that awsome Dragon. If the universe was like privateer, I might be a mercenary with a Centurion loaded up with level 7 engines and 5 shields. Id try to locate that informant and see if they had a few of those copies left of that gun and load up that ship all the way with them! Care to join in on the melee?! :D

RFBurns

I've always wondered ... how come Confed couldn't
reverse-engineer the green guns when the technophobic
retros could?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Retro copy of Steltek gun

I would imagine that Confed could have copied it without having to destroy the gun like the Retros had to. If only they had gotten it before the Retros stole it. But I doubt Confed would have returned the gun if there was an option to let them take it and make copies, perhaps the privateer would get copies in exchange for the original gun. That would have been neat to see! Replace Broadswards 3 mass drivers with 3 Steltek guns! WooHoo!! :D

RFBurns

Originally posted by pendell

'Course, you should try dogfighting TIE Defenders in
TIE Fighter -- especially in the expansion packs.

Nominal speed of 150. Heavier shields than advanced.
Advanced missiles which will blow apart an advanced
with a single shot. And, in the player version, a
tractor beam forcing the bad guy to hold still while
you pummel him. I tell ya, *quite* a piece of work.

[/B]

Whoops, I did not know that, sorry for my ignorance...
But hell, in X-Wing, the Advanced was the best TIE you could face. The best fighter generally, was in my opinion the Gunboat, with those damn dangerous Concussion missiles and the Proton Torpedoes for cap ships...

Re: Retro copy of Steltek gun

Originally posted by RFBurns
I would imagine that Confed could have copied it without having to destroy the gun like the Retros had to. If only they had gotten it before the Retros stole it. But I doubt Confed would have returned the gun if there was an option to let them take it and make copies, perhaps the privateer would get copies in exchange for the original gun. That would have been neat to see! Replace Broadswards 3 mass drivers with 3 Steltek guns! WooHoo!! :D

RFBurns

The retros destroyed the gun? I did not know that.
Where was that mentioned?

BTW, if *I* were Confed, I'd have stolen the gun off
Brownhair's ship the minute he docked at Perry. Needs
of the Navy and all that. I would, however, have made
him rich beyond his wildest dreams in compensation.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

I am the proud owner of TIE fighter CD colection, the TIE Defensor is the best TIE fighter of all with 4 blasters and 2 ion guns and have missiles loadout as standart.
The missile boat was made to destroy TIE defensors, it have a engine booster and 4 weapons bays and 1 blaster.

It really doesnt mention that it was destroyed during the copy process, but it never shows up anywhere in the game, but the informant did state after the completion of his mission he would destroy all copies and plans, which probably also included the original gun. But if there was another sequal to that game, I would bet that the Retros did manage to keep the plans or perhaps the pieces of the original gun. I dont think they would just let go of something that important in a promise. If they were bent over backwards in destroying technology, that gun would be the best thing to do it with.

RFBurns

note to admin...sorry, but there are other posts here with comparing universes, you should apply the same to all ok...ok

RFB

Battle wise: I'll take a Wc4 Dragon over ANY tie vessel anyday, but that's just me.

Wc wise: Well a tie vessel would be a great first sw ship to be converted to the wcp&so engine. (I think it'd be the first i dont know of any sw ships out there. There is the Borg cube from st but i dont think there are any sw ship, if so can I have a link to them please.)

Originally posted by KrisV
For the very last time, no WC vs SW. Jezus Christ, how dense are you people?

What's the harm Kris? We can't just ignore the SW universe... It MUST have had some influence on Chris Roberts, don't you think?

"MY SHIP IS BIGGER THAN YOUR SHIP" debates always end in flame wars, and can have absolutely no resolution regardless. If you want to talk about Star Wars influences in Wing Commander, that's fine... but no "THE TIE DEFENDER SUPER ULTRA DEFENDER TIMES TWO IS BETTER THAN THE DARKET!!!!!!?", please.

its better to not compare ships that are from diferent universes, I just put that because some do not know both the TIE Defensor or the Missile boat.
X-Wing Aliance is quite a good game, I like to see that a WC Mod is being made for that game engine .
It will look great to see WC CapShips get smaller and smaller as we get father away from they and the engine does make nice curved and circular objects quite well.

re: Who would you join up with?

Well...I'm sorry, but no sci-fi universe, not even WC, can come close to the Battletech universe. As such, I suppose I should introduce myself as Adam "Shadowcat" Everlast, saKahn, Clan Phantom Leopard. =) Or Alex "Nightstorm" Terrel, Snow Cats Mercenaries...it all depends on whether I feel like fighting for the clans of the Inner Sphere.

Not that I have anything against the WC universe...

oook, I just made a lot of enemies here, didn't I?

Hm, this looks like another one of those versus posts...

Will it take the entire CIC crew as well as the mods to come here and anounce that you can't post stuff like this?

Back