Who will you join up with?

I'd also join the WC universe. But on the side of the Border Worlds. Or later in Confed Space Force (or maybe in the Navy,because I always have problems to make my decision between them).
But the Star Wars Universe would also be interesting...but please keep away with Star Trek!!!This would be the last universe I'd choose!

Okay, I knew somebody would ask me why.Of all Science Fiction I know...ST is the most unrealistic for me. Fighting in space without Fighters (just firing torpedos or phasers at each other), the beaming technology is impossible to imagine for me and they just show a nice world without conflicts inside Starfleet. We are humans...we have conflicts with other humans...that's our nature.

IT IS SCI-FI
it is unrealistic a t-bomb too, or another thing if we want realistic things maybe we will not play WC or XWing or another game or book or tv show

I'm not entirely sure where the lack-of-conflict stereotype comes into Star Trek... I mean, *every* ST series has featured big space-wars (G)

in STDS9 the las 3 or 4 last seasons are all wars
and they use fighters see the pregrine class and the maquis raider, and in naval wars the navy of any country do´t use any yacht or patrol boat to do some damage, wing commander is about air force and so

I meant conflicts inside the untited Federation Worlds...inside Starfleet...not with other races. I saw enough Starfleet to see that they have many conflicts with other races.
And even I know that SF is unrealistic. But we can decide what could be the world/Sf-universe which could become with most property real...and I could in some ways imagine the WC or Star Wars Universe to become real...but there are even other ideas which are given in some books...which you can also put in...I expect the future to be a mixture of many SF-Universes...many different ideas. And what did the people think 100 years before as they read the SF-literature "Jules Verne"? For them his ideas were also unreal...but today we say: 'Hey,why could he know that we will fly to other stars at a time in which they did't have a simple airplane??

in STVIII Insurrection you have an example as amovie it is alittle crap.
WC may be a little realistic but Star wars..... no way
with amillions of aliens idon´t think so.
you want some possible or realistic future read all the foundation and robots saga of Asimov or all the saga of Dune from Frank Herbert

I read the "The left hand of darkness" some days ago. This was hard for me. But it was about a theme which isn't often written about. But their group was just a unity of all planets,which were settled by humans (or aliens who just looked a little like them). They just wanted to share their knowledge and trade...this idea was also nice...

you can try with rendevouz with rama or whatever of Clarke
and by the way there is Babylon 5 great story and flight fisics

Dune realistic? Yeah "spice" is what makes ships go faster than light. And in the future computers will be outlawed. Yeah sure. I love star trek but i have to admit that it is too "nice." I like section 31 because they are the only sinister "side" of starfleet. But i have to admit who wouldn't like to command a SOverign class ship. If i could join any force i would say Earth Alliance or the Psi Corps of Babylon5. I love the Omega classs destroyers and Bester is sooo cool. But i wouldn't mind joining confed during the Kilrathi war. The feeling of flying my Hellcat on the tail of a Dralthi is something that always makes me smile.

I smell furballs....

If I will one day have money I will buy some of the ones and read them (but just after I bought the last 4 WC-novels,which I still need). But thanks for the recommendations...I will write them down. I always look for good fantasy or SF-literature.

Please...give up the theme Star Trek...if we will go on with that theme,we will still sit here discussing about it..till the morning. Half is ST-fan, the other half doesn't really like it (like me)...and we all have our opinions....so opinions are bad themes to discuss about. So lets accept the ones of the others!

Back