• Stilleto

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Talon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sabre

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Scimitars were perfectly fine fighters--when they were first built. However, they are pretty much considered obsolete by WC1, and they are on their last legs in UE, only being used because of the Border Worlds' policy of using a fighter for as long as it will fly. Basically, it's as if current militaries on Earth were using WWII-era fighters--they were cutting edge when they were created, but have since been surpassed by a couple of generations of better ones.

Sylvester said:
Oh, I assumed it was one of the original Bengals from the 2620's when the Tigers Claw was built. i din't know they continued production that long
The Tiger's Claw was built in 2642, though :p. And the whole class, although apparently first developed in 2619, was at least very heavily revised in 2640.

Going in another direction for the moment, you have listed on your poll the Rapier II (and have since said that they will difinitely be in the game). Just to make it clear, you are indeed talking about the WC1 era RapierII and not the WC2 era RapierIV?

The fighter is the Rapier II in WC1 and WC2... any theoretical 'Rapier IV' would be a completely different class of fighter.

AFAIK, the Rapier I is the WC1 fighter, the Rapier II is the WC2 fighter and the Rapier IV is the one that Eder made for the UE easter egg. There is another Rapier (CF-???) which is the movie fighter.

Delance made this poll and he is not on the UE team, so these poll options are just suggestions from a fan, and are not official UE team´s info. He meant the Rapier II (WC2) in the poll.

The movie Rapier is the Rapier I, the WC1 and WC2 Rapiers are just two different variants of the Rapier II.

I'd rather fly a Raptor. Raptors just kick ass. The perfect attack force would be Raptors to punch the defenses, Devastators to deliver torpedos, and Ferrets to hug the Devastators. Of course, I say that because I love all three ships. Mmmmmmm . . .

Oh... yeah, I'd forgotten that the IV was the easter egg... my bad. But still just so I'm clear on the concept, there ARE design differences between the two variants, so I'm assuming it's the WC2 Rapier that's going into the game?

Pulmonox said:
Going in another direction for the moment, you have listed on your poll the Rapier II (and have since said that they will difinitely be in the game). Just to make it clear, you are indeed talking about the WC1 era RapierII and not the WC2 era RapierIV?
As has been pointed out, the Rapier II is both the WC1 and the WC2 variants. As far as the Rapier II is concerned, we have not said it will be definitely appearing in the game - quite to the contrary, it will definitely not be appearing. The Rapier IV, on the other hand, which is a new design (that happens to recycle the look of the SWC Rapier), is the one that will be definitely appearing.

Ok... that clears everything up... now you know why I asked the question :). I realize that even though I am a big fan of the game (and the whole genre in general) I don't have the knowledge that most of you here do.

Well, Origin was doing an awful lot of recycling during that period... several ships from Priv actually did appear in SWC. Wait, or did SWC ships appear in Priv? I'm not sure which came first.

Back