What's your favorite game engine?

Don't make fun of illiterate people :( They could read this and it would hurt their feelings...

TC

I just tought of something (no not for the first time, the second)it could be hard to fly a mission when you can't read the briefing or orders properly.

In WCP and SO, you hear what's on the screen (some voice is spelling it out for you).

I always skip the missions briefing, just step in a fighter and wacht the bugd frie

Originally posted by Quarto
So, which will it be? Is the Austin an Exeter, or are those three ships Ventures? Because you've got to be consistent... [/B]

What the hell are you talking about? Of course they're Exeters, you can target them and it says 'Exeter'. You can't do that with the Austin or with the Fralthra.

And what the muffin is up with you people and your collective unconscious regarding corvettes? Do you have that disease that makes you ignore the repeatedly posted fact that a corvette shows up in the WCP manual?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
What the hell are you talking about? Of course they're Exeters, you can target them and it says 'Exeter'. You can't do that with the Austin or with the Fralthra.
Well yes, you can do that with the Austin. You've got about five seconds before it jumps out. You can target it during this time and it will clearly say 'Exeter'. So, is it an Exeter? Of course not.

I don't know if you can target it or not. However, by using F9 (I think), I was able to get a good look at the Austin. It appears to be an Exeter-class destroyer.

Now, a while ago, I believe LOAF said that the Austin was a Gettysburg-class cruiser based on something that was in one of the books. It is possible that there are two TCS Austins. There are three Concordias, after all. This would mean that the Austin in The Secret Missions 2 actually is an Exeter.

The only other possibility is that the Gettysburg-class cruiser looks very similar to the Exeter-class destroyer. Since the Austin in The Secret Missions 2 has a fighter compliment, this seems like the more logical answer. Unless, of course, someone has a picture of what a Gettysburg-class cruiser looks like. :)

Claw Marks says that the Austin is the sister ship of the Claw. Doesn't that make the Austin also a Bengal Class, or do they mean with sister ship something else ?

I have SWC for the 3DO, and in the Claw Marks it's on page 3. The article is called "All aboard, Austinites".

The first few sentecis are as followed:

"Don't be alarmed if you noticed acouple of uniformed strangers among the Tiger's Claw crew. For the next two weeks, we're entertaining two important visitors from the TCS Austin, our SISTER CARRIER assigned to a..."

remember ?

No. Of course, that's because I don't have Super Wing Commander. :(

However, in the original Wing Commander's Claw Marks (and in The Kilrathi Saga manual), there is no mention of the Austin at all. The original's does mention the TCS Kipling, however. That is a Bengal-class strike carrier.

An other diffirence. SWC has other ships, wich i think are the ships used in Privateer. Exept for the capships, the designes of that i haven't seen on the net

Originally posted by iCe
I have SWC for the 3DO, and in the Claw Marks it's on page 3. The article is called "All aboard, Austinites".

The first few sentecis are as followed:

"Don't be alarmed if you noticed acouple of uniformed strangers among the Tiger's Claw crew. For the next two weeks, we're entertaining two important visitors from the TCS Austin, our SISTER CARRIER assigned to a..."

remember ?

Exactly it said sister carrier not sister ship. Any other carrier (since the Gettysburg class cruisers carry a squadron they could be called carriers in that they do carry fighters) could be called a sister carrier. SInce the term sister carrier does not yet exist then it could be any other carrier.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Many WC destroyers and cruisers carry more than one squadron of fighters -- but their speed, armor and weaponry defines them.

LOAF, did you make a mistake or can Wing Commander destroyers actually carry fighters? If they can, that would explain many things. (It would also mean that the TCS Austin very well could be an Exeter.)

Except that Freedom Flight specifically calls the Austin a Gettysburg class ship. So no matter what it looks like, there is no possible way that the Austin could be anything BUT a Gettysburg

Originally posted by WildWeasel
Now, a while ago, I believe LOAF said that the Austin was a Gettysburg-class cruiser based on something that was in one of the books. It is possible that there are two TCS Austins. There are three Concordias, after all. This would mean that the Austin in The Secret Missions 2 actually is an Exeter.

Does Freedom Flight specify that the Gettysburg-class Austin is the same one from The Secret Missions 2?

Back