what was the coolest way you've died?

Hi,

Don't worry, I've learned since then.

Ramming anyone while carrying either torpedoes or mace is a no-no.

Besides, nowadays we have leech weapons.

Cheers

Weapons are armed when you fire them (or if you manually arm them) -- ramming something shouldn't set them off.

The next WC should have the option to arm all your missiles, set course for a target at top spead and then eject. Of course, if it didnt blow up what you were trying to kill, you'd get tractored in and killed, but it would be nice to win a mission by kamikaze. Just as long as you eject so you can enjoy the victory :).

Originally posted by Madhouse
The next WC should have the option to arm all your missiles, set course for a target at top spead and then eject.

Assuming there is a next WC... :( :)

Seriously, that's a good idea. I've really got to try that sometime. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go see if I can blow up the Vesuvius by ramming it repeatedly. :)

Originally posted by Raptor

I think that's the "We must destroy this village in order to save it" military mentality in action. :)

Best, Raptor

[zelot]We shall save your soul by sending it to heaven[/zelot]

my coolest death is not wing commander. which were only the garden variaty "shot downs". It was in "gods of steel"

I was crouching down behind a factory with only three seekers and one atomic mine. suddenly this infantery guy runs behind me and shoots me. which of course set off the mine.
30 foot mech. blasted by a ground pounder. ugh.

I believe there were a group of monks in Privateer 2 with such aims -- to ensure that people are sent to heaven, the'd kill them before they had the chance to sin. :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I believe there were a group of monks in Privateer 2 with such aims -- to ensure that people are sent to heaven, the'd kill them before they had the chance to sin. :)

sorry, i was talking about christianity. not WC

Try something:
- install WC1 on a 1Ghz computer
- try to play it(no - better, try to land without crashing, try a shoot down a enemy or try a fly in an asteroid field)

Then you'll understand what a cool death is...

Mmmh... "cool"???

That's what I would call "lame-o-damnit-this-is-damn-frustrating-not-to-be-able-to-play death... :(

Mmmmmh... I remember... the first I tried to play WC1 on my P60... I managed to finish mission 1 succesfully!!
Of course, I didn't get ANY of the kills, Spirit took care of them all... and I was lucky to crash into asteroids only a *couple* of times (and I still can't believe my Hornet held up)... :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Weapons are armed when you fire them (or if you manually arm them) -- ramming something shouldn't set them off.
But didn't Spirit destroy the Heaven's Gate station that way? I might be wrong but I thought to remember one source which states that when she hit the station her torpedoes exploded and destroyed i. isn't it perhaps in the game himself when Blair talks to Angel? Or in the guide? I'll have a look.

Oh and Bob McDole: good luck trying to destroy the Vesuvius by ramming. I think you will be occupied for the next couple of days. :)

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-15-2001 at 18:19]

My "coolest" deaths were in Privateer, When I had my ship all banged up but no money to repair it. So, I took a "simple" bounty hunter mission and... I know. Not easy to take out 3 pirates with no targeting sys and just one laser.

Originally posted by Silent Warrior
Gawd! Spirit's a |-|4><0r! :D

Eh sorry? :)

Anyway, I found in the official WC2 guide the reference for exploding warheads by ramming (I am translating from German to English, sorry for any mistakes): "The impact caused an explosion when her fuel tank and all of her missiles exploded."
Would that mean that warheads can be set off by external explosions? I guess so...

Back