what was the coolest way you've died?

Originally posted by KrisV
Hmm... not really on-topic, but I thought it was pretty neat the time I got Cobra killed. I was inside the Blackmane base with Cobra next to me, outside somewhere. I told her to form on my wing. She took the shortest route to my position, and died trying. <G>

On another occasion I was doing some fly by's of the Lexington with Catscratch as my wingman. He was in the middle of a sentence when he flew straight into the bridge.

Don't you just love our well trained academy graduates???

Oh, yeah, I remember the days of afterburning into the Claw...huhuhuh.....

What was that for a programmer's fault?
Yesterday I played P,and something like that happened...
one of the no-name-pilots flew all the mission in his bomber, then back at the Midway no Bugs there, I saw the screen with his face..he died. I heard the expolsion of his fighter. I still don't know what has happened! There was nothing, he was far away from the Midway, no collision, no enemys and the machine-status could have been yellow or red, but he made the way and some thousend kilometres away from the basis he exploded???Without any reason! That is the same thing like seeing a wingman ramming the bridge...is it a programmer's fault? It makes no sense for me! Has anybody a better explanation for it?

Probably no different to the explanation as to why Dallas suddenly karks it in a mint ship, just minutes into the battle. :)

Yeh I once had finished a mission in WCP and I asked for a status report ... all my wingmen reported in, and then as one was saying something like "I've been better" or something, half way through saying it he exploded and I got his death scene comm.

There were no bugs left ... maybe he was tuning his stereo and wasn't looking where he was going. Hit someone else or something. At least thats what I wrote on the insurance report when I got back :)

Originally posted by KrisV
Hmm... not really on-topic, but I thought it was pretty neat the time I got Cobra killed. I was inside the Blackmane base with Cobra next to me, outside somewhere. I told her to form on my wing. She took the shortest route to my position, and died trying. <G>

Just saw this post ... would that ruin the story? I mean what would happen to the Cobra death scene if she was already dead? You're messing with the space-time continuem (spelling?) doing stuff like that !

I remember I went back after Cobra died and tried to mess with things by killing Hobbes myself in an earlier mission and then bailing (you don't get court-martialed if you eject for some reason). But when I got back he'd always been magically resurrected :(

Originally posted by Manjana
Insurence Report????

Just a lame attempt at humour: over here (and I guess in most countries) one of the most common stories on insurance claims when you crash your car, is to say "umm, I was tuning the stereo and didn't see that I was coming to a cliff edge" or something like that.

I was just imagining what it would be like if Confed made you explain the loss of each fighter that went down :)

Oh....my fault. My dictionary isn't here. So I couldn't look it up. If I could I wouldn't have asked that dumb question...

Coolest death?

Mmmmhh... that would have to.. be... in WC1, maybe flying against Bakhtosh Redclaw... I guess all my guns had been destroyed and I had no missiles... my wingman had been forced to return to base, it was just me and Redclaw, also severely damaged...

I told myself, "What the hell! I'll just replay this mission again" and I tried to ram Redclaw's fighter at full afterburners...
Eh eh... after a few tries... BAM! Right into it... I think that from the post-death replay, his fighter did not survive either... :)

If I may, I'd also like to add my list of "most stupid deaths":

*Crashing into the Claw at high speed, with your fighter already heavily damaged

*Getting caught by friendly fire while tailing an enemy too closely

*Getting caught by an AM gun in that Concordia-Fralthra clash of the titans..

*Getting caught in the blast radius of the torpedo you just launched (too near the the target, eh eh...)

(I'll have to think about it some more, but I bet that I can find tons of others... :) )

[Edited by mpanty on 04-11-2001 at 14:57]

Originally posted by redwolf

Don't you just love our well trained academy graduates???

Heh. Well, according to End Run, Acedemy training isn't all its cracked up to be. Bear's new pilots were still pretty clueless when they joined the Tarawa.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
[BThe series is called Proxima, no matter which system you're in. [/B]
Really? But the final losing mission does occur in Sol space, right?

Hi,

The coolest way I died was in WC2 on Spirit`s suicide mission. To try and save her, I rammed her fighter and we both went up in flames.

The funniest would be when Blair does his chicken impression in the losing level of WC3 to old Thrack - "I don`t wanna die"

Cheers

I think that's the "We must destroy this village in order to save it" military mentality in action. :)

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by panther
The funniest would be when Blair does his chicken impression in the losing level of WC3 to old Thrack - "I don`t wanna die"

Nah, it's more fun to let Thrak get close to him, and then to yell "Screw You!". The look on Thraks face... mmm good !

Hi Mekt,

What can I say, - I was only trying to disable her and it seemed like a good idea at the time.

As to the funniest moment - the look on thrak`s face when you say "screw you" is funny, but the way the voice comes out when you`re choosing between the two options is a laugh as well.

Cheers

Back