• To stay the way it is now

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • To slowly disappear

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • It is doomed!

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
Originally posted by The Shadow
LOAF, i was just wondering if EA gave a reason why they were not going to sell the Wing Commander label if they did not intend to make anymore games with it? why do you guys think they arent selling it?

EA believes that a WC game won't make money right now -- because space sim sales are poor all around and because of the financial failure of the WC movie. Their stategy is likely to "wait it out" and revive the franchise if and when sci fi games become popular again -- selling the license makes them less money and it impossible to do this.

Hey Pedro, play WCP on Nightmare, you'll see how scary the Nephilim are.

Weren't those lampreys intended to be shield killers?

And I personally like the Morays, they rake up my kill list so fast!

Heh. I don't know about Pedro, but I just about always play through WC:p and SO on nightmare, and the bugs still aren't exactly fearsome. Playing through SO in a an Excalibur (using the ship switcher) was kind of a challenge, though. :)

Best, Raptor

Hero mode but just through habit, I can beat that in 1 night so I guess I should be playing on nightmare

Well the bugs have other ties to them but this info is or could be controversial and im not sure if i should post it.

Originally posted by Meson
You forgot intersting story and plots. A story-driven video games such as Wing Commander, needs to have a fantastic storyline that binds all the gameplay, controls, extc. into one masterpiece.

Well, I wasn't really talking about the story. I was centering on asking what would make the gameplay fresh for WC vets who've been playing the game for the last few years.

Originally posted by LeHah
WC3's nightmare was a pain in the rear. :mad:

Don't you mean WC4? TPOF on nightmare really was a nightmare. There are some missions (like the Tyr recon mission and the Paleaus missions) that I've never been able to beat on that level, despite dozens of attempts, a wrecked joystick, and much swearing. :p

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Pedro
Cloaking not working and seeing that in game would have added to the fear for me too.
Not with Stiletto's unbelievably dispassionate speech - "Hey! What? They're shooting at me too." Sorry, Stiletto fans, but I don't find her acting as being very good. But then, some might say that for most of the WCP cast.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Not with Stiletto's unbelievably dispassionate speech - "Hey! What? They're shooting at me too." Sorry, Stiletto fans, but I don't find her acting as being very good. But then, some might say that for most of the WCP cast.

But she looks good!:)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

EA believes that a WC game won't make money right now -- because space sim sales are poor all around and because of the financial failure of the WC movie. Their stategy is likely to "wait it out" and revive the franchise if and when sci fi games become popular again -- selling the license makes them less money and it impossible to do this.

perhaps with the new star wars movies coming out over the next few years sci-fi games and space-sim games (based on the movies) will begin to start selling well and this could spark EA's interest in WC again? or perhaps freelancer will help this along too? perhaps its just wishful thinking on my part..... well, there's always hope!

I think tom wilson is a great actor and totally under-rated... i really thought that with the back to the future movies behind him and his hilarious performances in the WC games that he would get a big break in the film industry. im still surprised that he hasnt 'hit the big time' yet. I also thought mark hamill was great in WCP as well.

Back