Votes: 5 8.8%
  • To stay the way it is now

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • To slowly disappear

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • It is doomed!

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
I think Origin/EA gave the serious impression that they weren't making a WC game in the foreseeable future (this was from a while back; a few months after Prophecy's Secret Ops), but said they will eventually return to it. I think it's just a matter of time.

If I hear one more person bitch about UO or the Ultima series killing Wing Commander, I'm going to that person's house and sewing his fingers together to prevent future break-outs.

Originally posted by Darkmage
I feel that we NEED and DESERVE an online WC game...
Merits and negatives of online games aside, please don't say we 'deserve' anything. That's just sounds wrong.

Originally posted by LeHah
I think Origin/EA gave the serious impression that they weren't making a WC game in the foreseeable future (this was from a while back; a few months after Prophecy's Secret Ops), but said they will eventually return to it. I think it's just a matter of time.

one can only pray.

Originally posted by Wulf
noone asked u to post that, either. So...roll up off

Now am I gonna have to seperate you two?

And I'd be quiet if I were you Wulf, you might just turn out to be Ugly Pug #7 ;)

ive always had a feeling WC would return one day but i think it would be either with a new company buying the license or with a new team at Origin with a new outlook/approach to the game.... something like that. i agree that the bugs are ok but WC is about the kilrathi... i always thought a prequel type game would have been good, early in the war.... kinda like "Enterprise" is for star trek but with fully animated CGI cutscenes (thus cheaper than using sets) with Mark Hamill and Tom Wilson reprising their roles (doing voice acting).... i thought it worked for WCA on TV. what do you guys think?

No I was thinking more of a train sim. OF COURSE IT SHOULD BE A SPACE SIM!!! Any way. I know that one thing that it most have is a multiplay fuction. I was a little upset when I found that WCP didn't have on.

We want a multiplayer WC game.... it's what we all would like to have..... why won't Origin make that? I've spoken to many of this communities members, I am yet to speak to a single person who did not want a multiplayer WC game featuring the Kilrathi. Also Origin is a games company, they create games. now Am I the only one here who thinks that to make a game you have to have a market for it? it's basic business. now how much of a market is there for ultima? a firly large one granted, but WC3 sold MILLIONS of copies alone. ALL the WC games combined would have made a fortune.... the WC trademark is Proven to be successful..... despite what people say about wc5 and how unpopular it has been. I believe it is still possible to turn WC around and make a LOT of money off of it. All that it needs is an online game, with a decent storyline, and modern graphics.
Privateer went beyond it's designers wildest dreams. I believe that a WC online game COULD if made properly turn around the gaming industry an bring space flight sims back into the spotlight, it wouldn't be easy but I think that it would be possible.

BTW about my previous comments, without consumer support companies cannot make money. so When I sais Origin needed WC online, I meant that without a new WC game Origin will be missing out on a HUGE slice of the online market. I know at least 10 people who'd pay up front for a new WC game, but only if it had Multiplayer support.

Back