What ever happened to the WC4 improvements???

But for what? I dont belive that the Midway crew is walking around with torpedos in the corridors, using the new alloy would simple drive the price tag of the midway well over the Vesuvius and for no purpose whatsoever, its like we dont use steel for the walls in a house, its simple more expansive and serves no purpose were ciment will do the trick.

A Midway could (and probably should) very well be more expensive than a Vesuvius. And for what purpose? You've basically got a starbase that can go into hot zones.. I certainly see a purpose in using advanced armor.

This is really just a post to check my status. Peon, is it?

The whole WC4 Improvements which didn't translate into WCP reminds me of all that neat crap in Trek: TOS which did not get moved into the Next Generation. Whither Transwarp?

And there's that whole wartime/peacetime weapons sort of attitude which governments tent to have. We don't need cloaking ships while we're at peace. And they cost a lot. I'd be willing to bet a Dragon cost a lot more than three or four Bearcats, and as Blair/I so ably demonstrated, they're still just fighters.

Looking at it from a metagame point of view, I think Origin realized they'd gone a bit over the edge with the technologies, and had to reign it in just a bit.

Cheers!

How did it go over the edge I ask, WCIV was the best game of the series so I ask how did it go over the edge, It was just following a logical progression of events and scientific advances

Your transwarp comparison doesn't work since Transwarp was never done in TOS or the movies. The Excelsior (Sp?) was called the "Great Experiment". And it failed. Transwarp was determined not to be possible. And still was not around 70 years later.

Originally posted by Napoleon
Fourth, As you have said tech has changed as such shouldn't the M/AM drives be cheaper in 2681 than they were in 2673? as such shouldn't they be economically fesable? [ib][/i]

There's absolutely no reason why they'd have to be very feasible just because they should be somewhat cheaper by then.

Fifth, In the eight years in between WC4 and WCP shouldn't there still be some of the ships still in service,

For the millionth time, just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they aren't there. Furthermore, Prophecy was mostly spent out in the boonies where you didn't see any Confed ships period. Beyond furthemore, they even went as far as to include Thunderbolts and Excaliburs in WCP to show you that old ships are still in service. What more do you want?

New question, what is the exact timepoints of WCII SO 1 and 2, because I have never been completely sure about when they are taking place especially about the Interval between them and the destruction of the Connie at the begining of WCIII, considering that the truce and obviously some ofther things had taken place in the interval.

There are no time problems with SO1 and SO2. Beyond beyond furthermore, any problems you think you can invent have already been invented by many other people with too much time on their hands in the past..

Chris you missinterpreted me, I was just wondering about the time differences. Also I admit I was caught up in the "ya dont see it it aint there" and I appologise. But going back to that first one, I still say that if the Excal had a M/AM drive and the Dragon had an improved version that WCP ships should have a M/AM drive with all the accompaning good stuff like unlimited AB

Midway class super carriers

Not exactly WC4 related, but just how many of those Midway type ships did Confed build? Would they be tasked as a sector command ship or would one cover a number of sectors?
Ok this is WC4 related! I am using the WIN95 patcher that takes the DOS version and sets it up to run native win95. Works great, except for constantly hitting Alt-C to calibrate the stick. Im using the MS SideWinder 3D Precision Pro, non force feedback. Is there some setting in the patch or other that can keep the stick calibrated for longer periods instead of calibrating every 15 to 20 seconds during battle! Also is there a way to reverse the rudder direction for the stick?

RFBurns

"Ready to stamp!" [Panther, WCIV]

One Midway, the TCS Midway. a second, the TCS Coral sea is probley finish at the time of SO, 10 midway class were to be build.

No dragon, the TCS Minstral Sea is second, at least according to my Waypoint!
Heh heh...that would be TCS MISTRAL SEA. :)

And yes, there were to be ten built. (My forthcoming ficitonal WC Web site, Task Force 16, is based around the TCS PHILIPPINE SEA, CV-6.)

how would it be CV-6, no offence but there have been in the hundreds of carriers in confed so how would it be 6, perhaps CVM-6 (m meaning midway)

Quote:
"One Midway, the TCS Midway. a second, the TCS Coral sea is probley finish at the time of SO, 10 midway class were to be build.
"

SO take place right after secret ops, not one year (or was it 10 years to complete ?

how would it be CV-6, no offence but there have been in the hundreds of carriers in confed so how would it be 6, perhaps CVM-6 (m meaning midway)
The MIDWAY was CVX-6, the X part of the designation denoting "eXperimental". As the MIDWAY class is no longer experimental, it stands to reason that the X would be dropped. It's not at all uncommon to start over with numbering in a certian designation.

the midway. the corvette is tough enough as is. but the midway just cant kill anything. give it more turrets, the kilrathi ships get anti matter guns, the bugs get hundreds of turrets (or so it seems when you try to attack). anyone know how many turrets the midway has?

Back