What bomber was the most powerful in the WC universe

Well I usually lock the torpedo wi'll out of range of the capship's weapons, and then I afterburn on in close (makes it a little harder to dodge the fire, since you must keep the ship in your sights) and when close enough to ensure a hit, fire, and pull away. That works for me.

Afterburning through stuff like that was the best tactic to keep you alive. Especially going through minefields. Because minefields were spaced out a fair deal, and they were spaced apart by time not distance (as far as the game engine was concerned), you could (usually) just afterburn through them taking no hits.

You can torp the capship out of range of AM weapons.

Not sure about it. If you are too far from capship, your torpedo can be destroyed

Originally posted by LeHah
Conan the Destroyer is a terrible movie. Composer Basil Poledouris, who also did the f*cking epic job on Conan the Barbarian, hated the sequel. He called it "Conan the Poser".
The movie is bad bad bad.

The music is great though. :)

Yeah it sucks in comparision to the barbarian, still there are some funny moments...

I heard the music of the Destroyer was pretty much the same as in the barbarian and that it is a damn short (only about 30 minutes). That would suck, because the CD of the destroyer is not cheap here in Germany.

Originally posted by Supdon3
I have never been able to afterburn through asteroids or minefields in WC1/2 without being destroyed

Afterburning through asteroid fields always caused my sudden death too. But I afterburned through minefields pretty safely in WC1 and 2. funny thing is, I didn't do anything special, just hit the TAB key and flew straight ahead. Guess, I am a lucky guy...

hum nothing quite like playing a first person game of asteroids after getting your engines blown to hell and not being able to turn down or to the right :eek: . I remember doing that after barely surviving a fight with some kilrathi. Funny how most of the intense and memorable moments in that game, happened during non-scripted routine cargo flights. Priv is definitely one of my fav wing commander games.

Afterburning in minefields, asteroids fields and against a capship with the torp locked ???? Oh my, in what game? Freespace? :eek:

I never could get into freespace myself, I find it lacks the white-knuckle thrill and excitement found in wing commander space battles. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's a bad game, I'm not even saying it's the lesser game I'm merely saying it's a slower one. Comparing wing commander to freespace, is kind of like crosscountry sking and snowboarding or kyaking in a lake, as apposed to down a river.

They are all enjoyable activities/games but in each comparison the first one has that sort of thrill to it the other doesn't, that thrill has always been why I've been a wing commander fan. It's also why of the wing commander games, WCIV will always be my favorite.

Originally posted by Shooter
Afterburning in minefields, asteroids fields and against a capship with the torp locked ???? Oh my, in what game? Freespace? :eek:

What's wrong afterburning against a capship with the torp locked? It's the fast way to get close to it:)

Freespace slower game hooaaa your bereaking my heart ;)

I enjoy both WC and FS the only diffrance I can spot in the two universes is FS capships are more lethal than WC and WC ships are far more lethal than FS ones

Dekkar what difficulty level did you play on, when playing FS...?

Back