WCM movie ships

Originally posted by Wedge009
Get off my case
Stop telling people what to do. If Preacher wants to create 100 WC related threads in one day, then let him, and for God's sake, stop whining!!!!

I've used the following for ships that I've created:

Goshawk (heavy fighter)
Gyrfalcon (interceptor)
Marauder (strike fighter)
Aurora (cruiser class)
Valkyrie (corvette class)
Jaguar (heavy fighter)
Lynx (light fighter)

Thinking up logical names is part of the fun in creating this stuff, IMO.

Shut up, mpanty.

Originally posted by akashra
Having one sword in each hand takes SO much more skill.
But twice as fun! I've always wondered why Maul bothered having a double-ended lightsabre, when two singles would have much more devastating. Of course, you'd need a fair bit of arm strength.

Simple: It's a variation on the Bo, the staff weapon often used in Ninjitsu and another form of martial arts that escapes me at the moment (it uses a 3 foot rod to devastating effect).

It's the most simplistic weapon humanly imaginable, highly defensive in the most simple positions and you don't have to split your attention like you would with two swords or sais.

BTW, Maul could unlock his swords. There was an interlock inbetween to keep them together. Check the Episode 1 tech manual.

I see. Against a single opponent, two lightsabres would be devastating. Block with one, attack with the other.

Originally posted by LeHah
Simple: It's a variation on the Bo, the staff weapon often used in Ninjitsu and another form of martial arts that escapes me at the moment (it uses a 3 foot rod to devastating effect).

Actually, the Bo is used several martial arts forms, among them, Gung Fu. It evolved (as did many traditional weapons in the Asian arts) from simple farm implements that the average farmer had on hand. These they used to defend themselves against Imperial forces intent on taking their land from them by force.
Another example would be the Nunchaku, which were adapted from a flail implement that the farmer would use to thresh grain by hand. Swords were, after all, hard to come by for your average farmer, Grasshopper... ;-)

That's assuming you're meaning that a 'luxury cruiser' looks nothing like that danm luxury cruiser thing that looks like a giant fish in SecretOps.

You mean the cerberus.... well I don't think the Cerberus is a luxury cruiser, maybe the Midway, but not teh Tigers Claw's

Originally posted by Preacher
Another example would be the Nunchaku, which were adapted from a flail implement that the farmer would use to thresh grain by hand. Swords were, after all, hard to come by for your average farmer, Grasshopper... ;-)

The same farmers also used a nightstick-like weapon for threshing. I think they also used scythe as a dual weapon.
My martial arts history is sketchy, I quit at 11 when I was a 7 gup Blue belt.

Originally posted by 15th Rampage
That's assuming you're meaning that a 'luxury cruiser' looks nothing like that danm luxury cruiser thing that looks like a giant fish in SecretOps.

You mean the cerberus.... well I don't think the Cerberus is a luxury cruiser, maybe the Midway, but not teh Tigers Claw's
NO NO NO
The luxury liner was not the cerberus... it was a huge ship that was involved with 2 or 3 missions. The Cerberus was tiny in comparison!

Its not the size of it, its what you do with it...

Anyway, I get what is being said. The Midway is luxurious compared to other ships in the fleet (ie the Victory) because its all nice and carpeted inside, with halls big enough for TWO people to walk side by side. The air doesnt smell like oil or sweat or machinery. THe Lexington looked mighty nice I must say and I imagine that the Concordia was too. It could be that the Cerebus was still in testing stages but it had open panels and wires coming out all over the place so its not luxurious like the Midway. For all the crew aboard, the Midway has a lot of luxury to it. (Ive said it so many times luxurious seems to have lost meaning) Ships like the Victory and the Tiger's Claw werent like that. They were cramped and smelly and dank.

That big luxury ship was a cruise ship, completely designed to be as luxurious as possible for its passengers and no doubt put even the Midway to shame in that department.

The luxury liner was "Albergetti" where it had some kind a Science stuff to save the two passengers from the Maria Mag....

woah. You can tell what the ship smelled like just from looking at it? No wonder you got that superman graphic going :p

Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix
I've used the following for ships that I've created:

Goshawk (heavy fighter)
Gyrfalcon (interceptor)
Marauder (strike fighter)
Aurora (cruiser class)
Valkyrie (corvette class)
Jaguar (heavy fighter)
Lynx (light fighter)

Thinking up logical names is part of the fun in creating this stuff, IMO.
That's some pretty cool names... :cool:

Don't you mean Gryfalcon??

Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix

No, Gyrfalcon. It's a small carnivorous falcon, known to be quite fierce.

Ummm, dude?....ALL falcons are carnivorous--nature of the beast, y'know. That's kinda like saying Clinton was a sleazy politician.;)

usually i like to name fighters by what thier job is. when you have been assigned to a fighter called the Doomseeker mark2 you will know your place :)

Back