WCM movie ships

Hard to say. We are talking about a Federation that no longer uses zippers. :)

But in the new serie Enterprise they have, they have.......
:hiding in the shadows:

[Edited by Ghost on 08-07-2001 at 15:29]

Wildshot:
I hate to break it to y'all, but a ferret is actually a kind of weasel. Who the heck thought of that name for a military fighter?... Why not call upcoming jet fighters the "turkey", the "weasel', the "spotted owl", the "hamster,", etc., etc.?.....

Originally posted by Preacher
Wildshot:
I hate to break it to y'all, but a ferret is actually a kind of weasel. Who the heck thought of that name for a military fighter?... Why not call upcoming jet fighters the "turkey", the "weasel', the "spotted owl", the "hamster,", etc., etc.?.....

Well, a ferret is a small, fast, agile carnivore. I think it's a perfect name for a small scout fighter like the ... err ... Ferret.

Owl would be a good name for a night-fighter, except you don't have night in space. Perhaps an AWACS.

Hmm ... Weasel. Maybe a black-ops infiltration unit or stealth fighter ... "I have a cunning plan, my Lord"

Good fighter names (avoiding plagiarising fighter names already in use in the World Airforce):

Hallebard
Katana
Rhinofox

Ahh... my mind is blurred.... you continue... :)

Originally posted by mpanty
Good fighter names (avoiding plagiarising fighter names already in use in the World Airforce):

Hallebard
Katana
Rhinofox

Ahh... my mind is blurred.... you continue... :)
Gavilan

Originally posted by mpanty
Wow Wedge... what's the harm?
Get off my case, mpanty, please. :(

Originally posted by Preacher
...a ferret is actually a kind of weasel...
Indeed, I was always amused that the rest of the fighters were named after swords/daggers, and the Ferret was named after... a ferret. :)

Yes, In the mind of Rodenberry ST ships aren´t battleships or have submarine likeness, they serve to chart new space and bodly go where no one has gone before....chachachachachaaachachachaachachachaa :STTNG themë:

Flamberge is a good one (French 2-handed sword, on average 5 feet in length with a kris blade)
for all you not in the know... kris=wavy

Originally posted by 15th Rampage
No one, but Startrek Ships are more lu luxury cruiser.

That's assuming you're meaning that a 'luxury cruiser' looks nothing like that danm luxury cruiser thing that looks like a giant fish in SecretOps.

Originally posted by Supdon3
Well if its French then it cant be any good :rolleyes:

Actually, there is a French sword, a Rapier, that has a smaller, hidden knife in it's handle. Gentleman swordsman in France for years use to fight with a Sword/Knife combo.

Still, give me a Japanese Master/Companion sword combo any day of the week.

Back