WCM movie ships

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
Is it just me, or did all the Terran ships (well, most of 'em, anyway) in the WCM (not to mention the Kilrathi's "Snakeir") pretty much look like flying cigars?
-Preacher

You've already said as such, you're starting a lot of threads, aren't you? I don't particularly like the WCM ships either, but I don't think they were cigars. I think they were trying too hard to be submarines in space.

There is the button REPLY, to Replay a post, it is located in the right side of NEW THREAD

"I...am..not..a "she"....I...am...a MAN!"
(apologies to David Merrick, The "Elephant Man"--oops, he's dead-never mind)

Originally posted by Wedge009
You've already said as such, you're starting a lot of threads, aren't you?
Wow Wedge... what's the harm? He must have a lot of unanswered questions in his head...
As long as they pertain to the WC universe, he's free to post as many threads as he wants...

Originally posted by Preacher
Is it just me, or did all the Terran ships (well, most of 'em, anyway) in the WCM (not to mention the Kilrathi's "Snakeir") pretty much look like flying cigars?
-Preacher

Just you.

Don't be so hard to the WCM, I think the movie is not that bad, I love it, well is not like the WC3, WC4 or WCP, I know the ship are not cool, but hey here is a WCM and not all the games are lucky to have a movie, and is they do he movie suck, well i think WCM is cool, the problem is that they try to tho something diferet, somethin more realistic (sci-fi realestic) i think the submarine space travel is close to reallity than the Startrek.

I like the fact that the WCM ships resemble actualy military hardware. It gives it a lived-in feeling and they look more sensible that, say, a bright-green Epee or something. :)

Originally posted by LeHah
I like the fact that the WCM ships resemble actualy military hardware. It gives it a lived-in feeling and they look more sensible that, say, a bright-green Epee or something. :)

Hey, after flying ferrets over and over, an Epee is pretty damn good.

Originally posted by 15th Rampage
Don't be so hard to the WCM, I think the movie is not that bad, I love it, well is not like the WC3, WC4 or WCP, I know the ship are not cool, but hey here is a WCM and not all the games are lucky to have a movie, and is they do he movie suck, well i think WCM is cool, the problem is that they try to tho something diferet, somethin more realistic (sci-fi realestic) i think the submarine space travel is close to reallity than the Startrek.

Truth be known, we wont know what REALISTIC interstellar and military travel will be until we GET THERE!

Personally I find 'realistic' to be a happy medium between ST, WC with a lot of B5 mixed in :) Gotta love those battlecrabs!

I think what we've accomplished and the timescale in which we've accomplished it in WC is far more realistic than in other series'.
As was pointed out to me the other day their computers are pretty unimpressive but the fighters, method of interstellar travel etc are all far more realistic than in say Star Trek

You can't say what's "realistic" or not when it comes to sci-fi. Star Trek actually is very realistic if you consider what the circumstances are. Most of the big advanced technology comes from sources other than Earth. The Vulcans have had space travel for 10,000 years..they must be pretty darned advanced. So we benefited from being allied with them. What's so "unrealistic" about that.

About the interstellar transportation, I don't know which could be considered more realistic. I mean, in WC you have to actually find jump points and such. Who's to say there are jump points out there? Althought with Star Trek's warp drive, although there a few theories that sugest it's possible, there is still alittle bit that is unkown as well.

Anyway, there is no way to say what's more realistic. In the 1940's, the expected computers in the 1990's to weight slightly less than 1 ton. They thought that was realistic. Nobody knows what the future holds.

By realistic I meant that in Star Trek, the Federation's ships are these clean, white sterile ships. No fingerprints on the boards, no spills on the carpet. Considering, lets say a Galaxy-Class starship, has a rather large crew. You can't be telling me that the ship is that clean.

Wing Commander: Fighters are greasy and shot up. People swear and don't always get along. Capital ships are these huge, military hulks with turrets (admittedly, The Federation is based more on diplomacy than Confed. :) )
And theres just this lived in look thats more common when people are around.

Back