WC too glossy like Star Trek?

Wong has some personality issues to deal with. Besides that, his main problem seems to to be that he will use science and logic only when they benefit his point. He then uses the same things to criticize. He is quite intelligent, however, but I think the problem is in his excessive extremely biased reasoning. Basically, if this side cannot beat them canonically, then figure out a way to use science and logic to disprove it. The only problem is, while Star Trek, for instance, is subject to scientific evaluation, Star Wars is not subject to this kind of scrutiny in order to tip the scale to the other side. If there is a stated value given for some weapon, for instance, he will employ science to disprove it and say that the stated value is wrong in virtue of hte scientific errors to ensure that his side is winning.
I'm a big Star Wars fan, but I think that since Star Trek has so much rubbish talk the sides cannot really be compared like that.

He has an annoying personality; the only remotely plus point is that, weather he makes sense or not, atleast he has something to back his spouting up. The most ridiculous thing is when you get these idiots, now and then, that go around thinking they are all smart and superior and go about criticizing everyone, yet the stupid idiots have not even gotten a college degree. Those maggots rank as some of the most irritaing kinds of fungus on the internet. Their "plank in the eye syndrome" can only elicit a chuckle, however. That SD guy seems to have a way with words, though, so he will make it seem as if someone that had a really good point still lost, so that is an irritating aspect.

Debating is as valid a pastime as posting at a board like this. Unfortunately, people make up there own brands of logic so it is essentially ridiculous. That is why debate do not sually work. And that is not why I do not engage in that kind of debating.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
As with any popular geek passtime they have had their own newsgroup for years (whose name I do not know).

ASVS. Alt.Startrek.Vs.Starwars. Wong's their local messiah.

Don't get me wrong, there are still some sane people there (or some that still have hope), but they're drowned out as of late by the incessent whining of morons, idiots, and bigots.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
You'd see them if you had half a brain, which you obviously don't.
Oh now that is a funny one.

I'm so far above you it exceeds the capacity of the English language to describe just how low you are by comparison. You attack my intelligence, but you're one of the stupidest people here.

Here's an example: You claim to be "cutting back on SB time," but everyone knows that's not voluntary. Even the morons over at SB think you're so stupid, they keep picking on you to the point where you flee.

Here's a piece of advice which I strongly urge you to heed: Think before you open your mouth. Almost every post out of you is either assinine or inane or both. I've done my best to ignore it, but my patience with you is thinning. You are a disposable element of this community, Bob, so wise up or we'll ditch you like garbage on the side of the road.

Originally posted by Frosty

Oh now that is a funny one.

I'm so far above you it exceeds the capacity of the English language to describe just how low you are by comparison. You attack my intelligence, but you're one of the stupidest people here.

Here's an example: You claim to be "cutting back on SB time," but everyone knows that's not voluntary. Even the morons over at SB think you're so stupid, they keep picking on you to the point where you flee.

Here's a piece of advice which I strongly urge you to heed: Think before you open your mouth. Almost every post out of you is either assinine or inane or both. I've done my best to ignore it, but my patience with you is thinning. You are a disposable element of this community, Bob, so wise up or we'll ditch you like garbage on the side of the road.

*yawn*

Ok, You're about to get a heavy object thrown at you. Seriously, though, this topic has gotten quite off topic...what was the topic about again? WC being too glossy like Star Trek, that was it. A final reply to the original topic and a recap of what we know. Star Trek is definitely not glossy, but it is still not a dark franchise. Wing Commander treats death more realistically. Wong has created controversy and is not liked by various people. The End...for now.

*We forget the people that died an they don´t exist*

That is a lack of respect to the people who died, sure they are sad (and under a lot of pressure) because all the deaths, but saying that they don´t exist is too much., but is just my opinion

Originally posted by Ghost
*We forget the people that died an they don´t exist*

That is a lack of respect to the people who died, sure they are sad (and under a lot of pressure) because all the deaths, but saying that they don´t exist is too much., but is just my opinion

... but wasn't pointing that out one of the purposes of the movie's story? That's like saying a movie about the holocaust being bad is bad because it's about the holocaust which is bad.

Back