WC too glossy like Star Trek?

ahhh yes....there's one thing larger than the universe itself...

William Shatner's ego!

However, Kirk rocked in TOS...always wins the fistfights with those evil Klingons, always gets the girl, always brave and hammy :)

wow...my first post in AAAAGGES...hi guys, just thought I'd pop in with my 2 cents worth, oh well, back to others things. You'll hear from me in around a million years (like Jason Ironheart in B5 for all you B5 haters :p )

Re: to 1st message

Actually, I'd like the WC movie to be more like the animated series -- bright colors. That dark gothic stuff is difficult to film and it looks tacky and trashy. Mitigating the show to a few colors such as black and other dark colors reduces visual aspects to the point where it is not optically entertaining.

Originally posted by Unforgiven
At least he's not the Real Life Maniac ;)

I know! I'm the lucky one :D

I think the "dark and gothic," look of Wing Commander the Movie is the most realistic. However, I would like to see more of Wing Commander IV's Confederation (the polished, prim and proper look). That rocked!

Originally posted by mpanty
Problem is... would LOAF be okay being Tolwyn?

I'll start worrying about it when he starts wearing black and muttering that only the strong belong on the chatzone. :D

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor
I'll start worrying about it when he starts wearing black and muttering that only the strong belong on the chatzone. :D
As long as he doesn't use bioweapons on anyone else...

Originally posted by mpanty
Problem is... would LOAF be okay being Tolwyn?

Just as long as he doesn't stick me on the Tarawa's run to Kilrah, he's ok by me.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

To be fair, nothing I've ever done has involved thought. :)

I did mis-speak, though -- anyone who has ever written an essay to *attack* Star Trek (or anything else they're not a fan of) needs to be shot in the face (and then seven other places).

To be even fairer, Wong isn't really opposed to ST...at least not TOS...I mean, I understand he's seen every episode of every series up to Voyager (which is perfectly understandable). I'm betting getting constantly hounded by Rabid Newbie Trekkies drives anyone into the loonie bin after a while...

Originally posted by Bob McDob

To be even fairer, Wong isn't really opposed to ST...at least not TOS...I mean, I understand he's seen every episode of every series up to Voyager (which is perfectly understandable). I'm betting getting constantly hounded by Rabid Newbie Trekkies drives anyone into the loonie bin after a while...

Except he's put himself in that position, so nobody really feels bad for him... <G>

My understanding of the situation is thus: there is an entire culture of people who argue 'Star Trek vs. Star Wars', which probably dates back to 1977. As with any popular geek passtime they have had their own newsgroup for years (whose name I do not know). The idea being that you use evidence from each series' canon to prove that its weapons are more powerful, its ships are faster, its robots are more robotic and so forth.

Once you wade through the crap, newsgroups are generally incredibly intelligent. There are people there who are smarted than those who post to bulletin boards by simple virtue of the fact that they've been online longer and are smart enough to use a more difficult medium. They're good at arguing, and they won't let you get away with any crap.

The StarDestroyer.net guy is someone who's full of crap. He uses pretty words to disguise completely illogical supports for his series. As such, he was apparently ridiculed at the Star Trek vs. Star Wars newsgroup. Unable to argue with them, he set up a web site that rants on his topic without any debate.

Enter the inter-web, full of very stupid easily influenced people. They will tell you that the StarDestroyer.net guy is *BRILLIANT* because his words are so very pretty and wonderful that they completely disguise the fact that his arguments MAKE NO SENSE. When any of the very stupid people try to argue with him, he very easily turns the debate into a question of character rather than facts, or forces it to hinge on some meaningless single point. These are wonderful debating skills, *if you don't have facts*. Still, he's confused a lot of people like Bob that he's utterly brilliant.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
When any of the very stupid people try to argue with him, he very easily turns the debate into a question of character rather than facts
Which is wonderfully funny because Wong himself lacks anything even slightly resembling character.

Back