WC the movie

Considering Nintendo has been around for over a hundred years prior to the advent of video game consoles, it's safe to say that a major electroics brand like Nokia still exists in the future.

Never noticed that. I guess even that far in the future there's still product placement. :) Be glad it's not as blatant as "I, Robot"

Blair was the voice of Merlin?! Never new that at all! I noticed the question mark next to Merlin in the credits, I just figured maybe he was an artificial voice or something.
I wonder how Mark Hamil (and the other actors) felt about not being their characters this time around? And on that note, is there any video media from behind the scenes of the movie?

Thierry Arbogast is probably one of the best Cinematographers working in film today along with John Toll and Dante Spinotti.

His work includes La Femme Nikita, Leon, The Apartment, The Fifth Element and The Messenger.

Sorry, I used the word wrongly. I think this aspect of the movie is the best part, I didn`t know that in english cinematography meant exaclty THIS... I think we call it Art Direction or Photography.

I stand corrected.

Anyway, my point is: Regardless of the WC canon, it is a bad movie.

Thank you all for your time and attention

There was a "Making Of..." the title sequence thing we found a couple months back.

is it just me, or is paladins accent in the movie more french then scottisch??

Yeah, French, Scottish, what's the difference? They're all just a bunch of durned furreners anyways.

I have to say that for a cheap scifi flick WCM is ok in my book.

I think the kats look like crap.

And the Claw thing I'm just gonna leave alone.

but all around, I enjoyed and still enjoy watching it every now and then...

i believed paladin in the movie to be a "cajun", those french trailerpeople who settled in canada...

Dundradal said:
I have to say that for a cheap scifi flick WCM is ok in my book.

I think the kats look like crap.

And the Claw thing I'm just gonna leave alone.

but all around, I enjoyed and still enjoy watching it every now and then...

Yep. I keep a copy in my home office along with the 5 Star Wars films, the Battlestar Galactica movie, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, etc. I rotate between films to keep things "fresh." WC finds its way into the VCR about 2-3 times a year. Every time I watch it I'm reminded that, all in all, it wasn't that bad of a movie.

Mace said:
i believed paladin in the movie to be a "cajun", those french trailerpeople who settled in canada...

actually afaik, there are no cajuns in Canada, only acadians. cajuns live in louisiana and area. see, long long ago a bunch of french people came to canada and settled in what is now known as nova scotia and new brunswick (among other areas). they lived there until they were forced off their land by british soldiers. they ran to america and settled in louisiana and area as said above. and know you know...the rest of the story. (btw the war that forced the Acadians out is called Queen Anne's War 1702-1713)

BigsWickDagger said:
WC finds its way into the VCR about 2-3 times a year.

VCR? How primitive. When do you plan to join the rest of us in the 21st Century? :D

Ripper said:
VCR? How primitive. When do you plan to join the rest of us in the 21st Century? :D
I'm gonna do my best to always have a VCR, having all these video tapes and not feeling like upgrading all of them to DVD.

actually afaik, there are no cajuns in Canada, only acadians. cajuns live in louisiana and area. see, long long ago a bunch of french people came to canada and settled in what is now known as nova scotia and new brunswick (among other areas). they lived there until they were forced off their land by british soldiers. they ran to america and settled in louisiana and area as said above. and know you know...the rest of the story. (btw the war that forced the Acadians out is called Queen Anne's War 1702-1713)

and the rest of the story is that in the near future they will be chased into outer space by terrorists? :D

I'm gonna do my best to always have a VCR, having all these video tapes and not feeling like upgrading all of them to DVD.

considering that every time you play a video tape you damaga it some more, it won't be very long before you are forced to replace all of them...

DVDs are pretty frail as well. I take time to blow all the dust out of my DVD cases before settling the disc in for a long stay...I have both VCR and DVD players, and will for a long time.

Edfilho said:
considering that every time you play a video tape you damaga it some more, it won't be very long before you are forced to replace all of them...
Well yeah, but I also don't watch my tapes as much as I used to, so it would just be easier to keep them to play them when I want to (which isn't very often) then just buying all new ones just to watch them a few times.

Back