WC End Run

I knew you were going to answer something like that... :)

Wurdest du gerade ein paar Fragen beantworten?
Wieviele Wing Commander spielen gibt es?
Wer ist Christopher Blair?
Warum gibt es keine Wing Commander Bücher in Italienisch???!!! :D

Yes, Italians spend their time having sex. Lots of sex. At least, that's what movies have taught me.

TC

That does seem as one of the few things i can think of that would be better than spending time on things Wing Commander.

Its very hard to get a book translated, most pubisher house are unwilling to take that risk.
A example is the S.A. Savatore books (since it the only example that I can come up right now), there are based on AD&D and they hit the sales top (I belive) but there is none traslated to portuguese, finding then in the "normal" version is also hard (only in Stores that sell AD&D books).

I'm rather sure Supdon was joking and knows there's not enough money in it to translate books into Italian.

TC

Bandit: Concerning your offer with the books (last page):
I would be interested, if I had them 2 times by myself, but so I can't help you...I even own them not all in German, and we have the same 'End Run-problem' you have...it would be very difficult to find someone who has them all...and that 2 times....by the way, do you want them new or can they be just read (I really don't know what 'gebraucht' means in English)...if they can be read by a former owner, I could look for them at the flea markets here. There are often offered SF-books, so I had good chances to get them (I look for some of them for myself, too) And mostly they really don't look very bad, but I don't know how you want to have them..new or not. If not new...then it's just an offer..

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
If there are any Germans interested, I'd *love* to trade a set of English Wing Commander books -- Freedom Flight, End Run, Fleet Action, Heart of the Tiger, The Price of Freedom, Action Stations, False Colors, Wing Commander and Pilgrim Stars for a set of German ones (Freedom Flight, End Run, Fleet Action, Heart of the Tiger, Price of Freedom, Action Stations and Wing Commander). I'd also be willing to buy any German WC merchandise... especially guides and novels.
I get this right: You are willing to trade your 9 English novels against my 7 German novels? This is something I will think about... I will tell you shortly how I decided.

And mpanty: In that case I will not need your False Colours but thanks for the offer.

But Bandit, Is it really so complicated to get that material in German where you live? I am talking from the hand-books which are in the game-pack etc...okay, I can answer it by myself: I have never seen an English version of P. here in Germany and so you won't find a german one where you live, or? So how could you. (stupid question of mine, forget it). If I see something interesting I will think of you...:)

Originally posted by TC
Wow... why would there be Wing Commander books in Italian? (...) Italians spend their time having sex. Lots of sex. At least, that's what movies have taught me.

Mmmmmhh... what kind of movies have you been watching exactly TC?
Probably a lot with Rocco Siffredi... :)

everybody is talking about end run being soooo expensive, yet on e-bay you can get a copy with a load of other wc books for nothing. I got AS, FA, ER, and FF for like $3US

I got mine for $10 shipping included, and it came with Heart of the Tiger, Price of Freedom and Freedom Flight.

Back