WC End Run

I must say that End Run was the best. But you guys know when Bear has the tarawa heading straight for kilrah and it is about to crash, I personally would have perfered to see him and the other confed ships crash into kilrah and do just what blair was going to do just earlier, I think that would have been a fitting ending

I must say that End Run was the best. But you guys know when Bear has the tarawa heading straight for kilrah and it is about to crash, I personally would have perfered to see him and the other confed ships crash into kilrah and do just what blair was going to do just earlier, I think that would have been a fitting ending

D*mn double posting! But no Thrak said that the Tarawa if it crashed at 10800 kps (which would be it's estimated impact speed) would do alot of damnage. And you know how they used the tractor to slingshot, they could have gained extra velocity in the ramming if they used the tractor to pull them towards Kilrah, plus there were/would have been 3 ships ramming, (Tarawa, Intrepid, Karagasa)

Don't say End Run is the best! Though I could never find the novels here, that makes me dubious about the quality of the rest of the books.

Hey, End Run is an amazing book, and is great quality. but hey maybe you would like one of the other books better, this is only my supreme and powerful opinion that none shall disagree with, oops sorry that is my speach for when I take over the world :)

End Run is a very simple action adventure story... the good guys win big, the Kilrathi are entirely *evil* -- it appeals to a lot of people.

Fleet Action is much darker -- it humanizes the Kilrathi and ends with a phyrric victory (and there's a great Kilrathi scene that makes fun of how Forstchen treated them in ER...).

Originally posted by Meson
$tormin calm down you're going to explode if keep this up, and we don't want to cleam up your mess.
duckman "cornie, i think i just soiled my pants"
Cornfied "but your not wearing any....ewwwww!"

oh and i found my copy :D i had thrown it in the same box as i have my own novilistic creations in.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
End Run is a very simple action adventure story... the good guys win big, the Kilrathi are entirely *evil* -- it appeals to a lot of people.

Fleet Action is much darker -- it humanizes the Kilrathi and ends with a phyrric victory (and there's a great Kilrathi scene that makes fun of how Forstchen treated them in ER...).

Good point. This is also one of the reasons I liked FC.

I liked FF best because you learned a lot about the Kilrathi and I also found it the most funny. That is also why I am looking forward for False Colors...
End Run, like Bandit said, is too simple for my taste and too unrealistic. The Price of Freedom was also great though, as it added depth to Blair.

Ur looking for False Colours Mekt-Hakkikt?

I have a copy in English that I am willing to sell, if you are interested... ;)

Actually, I am looking forward that they translate it into German but it could be fun to read a WC novel in English (I'd like to know if the German translations are, as so often, faulty). But the shipping cost from Canada to Germany will be quite high, won't it? I assume it is in good condition :) ?

Yeah, maybe it would be nice, but I prefer the translations...they are easilier to read for me. As I said one time: I don't like to look every third word up.

Action Stations is the one I think i have enjoyed the most, but Fleet Action evoked the most emotions while reading it. I just wanted to punch out just about anyone who wasnt in the military. Which is kinda one sided when you think about it. It made almost anyone who isnt in the military seem stupid, ignorant and gullible, and the military seem compassionate, insightful, and unhateful towards their former enemy rather they were just doing their jobs. For some of the characters this is true but Hawk is a great example that it isnt always so.

I personally think that Fleet Action and False Colors were the best, with Freedom Flight close behind. There isn't as much depth to the Cats in End Run. Heart of the Tiger was a fairly good adaptation of WC3, but Price of Freedom took far too many liberties with the storyline, especially the fraternization between Blair and Sosa. Can anyone say "court martial and dishonorable discharge?"

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Actually, I am looking forward that they translate it into German but it could be fun to read a WC novel in English (I'd like to know if the German translations are, as so often, faulty). But the shipping cost from Canada to Germany will be quite high, won't it? I assume it is in good condition :) ?

I guess it would be rather high, indeed...

But if you are ready to wait until Summer (even May or so), when I come back to France the shipping would be much less.

Oh and BTW, I just started reading it... if you are interested in waiting (or paying the shipping charges) I'll stop immediately... :)

How much of the novelizations of Heart of the Tiger and Price of Freedom did Fortchen write. They seem different than the previous books he wrote and even Flase Colors. Was it more of an advisory capacity?

If there are any Germans interested, I'd *love* to trade a set of English Wing Commander books -- Freedom Flight, End Run, Fleet Action, Heart of the Tiger, The Price of Freedom, Action Stations, False Colors, Wing Commander and Pilgrim Stars for a set of German ones (Freedom Flight, End Run, Fleet Action, Heart of the Tiger, Price of Freedom, Action Stations and Wing Commander). I'd also be willing to buy any German WC merchandise... especially guides and novels.

Back