Voice acting.

So why are you sitting here and post, go over there and start recording :D

Seriously, take a look at the first post, there is everything you need to know.
AFAIK there are still roles left, and if we like what we hear, you get yourself
a voice-role in our mod :)

Regards

Starman©

Im sure the role I was given is opened. I never turned in any of the stuff I recorded - between having mono, having a major illness due to my car's catalitic converter breaking down and spewing wonderful emissions into the car via the heating system, a totalled car due to an accident this fall, working two jobs six days a week, formatting my PC back in September and helping produce an album in the UK - I haven't had time to do it.

My loss, I assure you all.

hey, Im interested in doin some lines for WCSaga or whatever other fan project needs voice work. I have a deep voice that I have been told would be perfect for a radio announcer and would be able to do some lines if need be. I can do lots of accents or stay with my own (Im Canadian and proud of it). I have never recorded on my comp so I'll need to get a mike and some software since I guess the voice recorder that comes with Win98 sucks. If anybodys interested just PM me or email me at van_heyden@hotmail.com

actuallly, everybody who is interested should send a sample of his voice acting to me, as stated in the very first post :D

I went through the samples the other day and uploaded them to my webspace. You should find the URL in an e-mail to the specified address.

Excellent. Keep them coming :)

But we (namely Tolwyn) need time to check them out, so don't wonder yourself if it will now be silence for a while.

Have you assigned all the voice actors yet? It's been a while so I assumed you had received all you needed and then some. If you still need lines, I can send you some samples, but only if you need them. I don't want to waste your time.

I'm not 100% sure to be honest, since there are way to many in the main-campaign (the prologue has no roles left afaik).

Just send them in, and we will see, but I (we) can't promise anything. :)

While I'm not in charge of voices, from what I understand there are so many different capital ships, transports, and minor pilots it wouldn't hurt to have a whole lot of different voices: male, female, various ethnic groups and accents, you name it and it could probably be used on at least one occasion.

The voice acting has the potential to really put the brakes on this project. So, if you want to lend a voice and are dedicated to getting any lines given to you done ASAP, then send something in. Personally, I'd rather have a fair/good voice actor who gets things done in a timely manner than a fantastic voice actor who dissapears and takes forever to get things done.

If we need more voice actors, talk to your friends. They don't even need to know what WC is. If you just tell people that their voice could be in a video game, you'll be surprised how many people are intrested, even people who don't play games at all!

Tolwyn will give the final word, but no one should be shy about sending stuff in, especially if you are going to be dedicated and help us turn this out. The sooner the voice acting is done, the sooner we all get to play.

Tolwyn, I sent you some stuff awhile back for voice acting and I was still wondering if you needed me or not.
I apologize for my disapperance as well.

I'm lagging way behind on my stuff, I know. Promise I haven't forgotten, though! I'm gonna get it done soon, before the baby arrives, because I know I definately won't have time after that. Even if I did, I doubt anyone wants to hear a crying baby during combat :)

I'll check the FTP site tonight for an updated version of the script; the one I have is fairly old at this point and I'm not sure if it's been changed at all.

Speradon said:
I doubt anyone wants to hear a crying baby during combat :)
I would be the crying baby if my wingman shot down the enemy ace before I could :p . I've done professional voice work on various music albums, but I have a Macintosh computer (so I'm not sure how sound files would transfer) and I'm a big procrastinator (which it looks like you guys have enough of :D).. but if you want another procrastinator that has done pro voicing I'm your man!

then please send me a sample or two :) File transfer should not be a problem, as I have a 5gig mail box :D

TurboTim07 said:
Tolwyn. did you get my samples? or should i re-email them?

I have got tons of samples, and it is getting more and more difficult to find out who actually sent 'em :) Oh, I do have emails, but of course, no coresponding forum names. If you could post your mail, I could surely tell you more.

Back