Voice acting.

Well you said in sound like in your 20's well I am and I'm willing to give a lending for this. I do online radio (visit my website for info) and I'll have to find Goldwav but I can start recording using another program I have I'll email you as well as requested. Hey why not try something like this I love wing commander just as much as anyone else heh.

just give it a try ;)

Please note following:

To guarantee, that the finished radio voices sound relatively equal, each
actor should record the samples in the same way:

-Don't breath into the microphone
-the position of your micro should be on the left or right side of your
mouth with a distance of 2-3 cm
-don't record the whole script in one piece. Even if you do only a sample of
two sentences....
-don't alter your voice too much, it would be noticeable.
-make sure you do a clean record
-always record in 44 Khz, 16 bit!
-don't record in stereo...the file will be twice as large as mono, which is
unnecessary

On the side note: we are also looking for older voice actors to play the role of cap ships captains.

Howdy fellas :)

I'd love to take a crack. Especially after all the help I've had from some of you on the Standoff project. (Psych, that civilian has me in histerics every time :))

I'd at least like to redo that marine that I did for you guys. I re-listened to that a lil while ago, and I think I must have either been sick or.. half asleep. But I can make that sound much nicer for you. I think I can get a very Iceman-esque pilot going as well, that I was going to include in Standoff, but wasn't necessary, if you're interested.

And shucks. I love you all too. ;)

Tolwyn said:
On the side note: we are also looking for older voice actors to play the role of cap ships captains.

How old?

I work at a warehouse with plenty of old coots who swear a lot with deep, gruff voices. They might not be actors, persay, but they are genuinely old, beligerent, and foul-mouthed, and genuinely good at thinking they can boss people around.

there is one main role available... and a lot of minor roles... actors should be at least 30 years old... it depends on how they sound though. We have a younger actor with a senior voice ;) So it really depends on the actor

Tempest said:
Howdy fellas :)

I'd love to take a crack. Especially after all the help I've had from some of you on the Standoff project. (Psych, that civilian has me in histerics every time :))

I'd at least like to redo that marine that I did for you guys. I re-listened to that a lil while ago, and I think I must have either been sick or.. half asleep. But I can make that sound much nicer for you. I think I can get a very Iceman-esque pilot going as well, that I was going to include in Standoff, but wasn't necessary, if you're interested.

And shucks. I love you all too. ;)

Hey Tempest,

That Marine thing you did was for a seperate campaign (which is for all intents now, very much dead now), so there's no need to re-record 'em. We will appreciate your help in something else, maybe a pilot?

And now that you mention it, I now need to think of a way to add in our favorite Standoff stoned transport pilot in Saga. Judging by how you thought it to be hilarious, there might be people wishing for his "triumphant" return :)

I tried using the goldwave program and for some reason the sounds are recording at double speed, can't figure out why. Would it be ok to use a different app with the same parameters?

jim

If you're still in need of voices, I suppose I'm better than Microsoft Sam. :) Not that I promise to be a great voice-actor, but in all likelyhood I'm better than nothing. Conjuring up an e-mail...

Done and sent. I recorded only the 3 lines I found in the script, aren't there any "generic" lines to be done?

Back