• Yes, as a Fighter Bomber

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Yes, as an Interceptor

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Yes, as a paperweight

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
UE is during WCP. It basically shows what's happening in the Border Worlds with the bugs as opposed to in confed space. For info on the dragons, please see the UE2 Ships thread.

Well, yes... the Eisen group is on its way to find the Midway. It just happened to pass through Kurasawa ;).

Originally posted by Raptor
Delance: To be fair, the Confeds thought they were acting in self defense when they went after the Border Worlders. They were in the wrong, certainly, but they weren't killing Border Worlders for the hell of it.

Remember that a good part of the pilots you face are part of the renegade faction of Confed that Tolwyn is leading.

Not that I would even for a moment contemplate the idea of bringing the Dragons back, but as I've said before, "allowed to" is not an issue. After the BL crisis, the Border Worlds would not have needed Confed's permission to keep their wins. The Confederation couldn't maintain their "it was a mistake, we're fixing it" image if they tried to demand something from the BW.

True, I don't think you can make demands right after you've seriously wronged the other party. I think a way of explaining the absence of the Dragons is that the BW would have been willing to play nice and give them back, in exchange for political, economic or military concessions from Confed when finalising their post WC4 relationship. For example, shipyards like the ones in Speradon (which are Confed owned but in what's now BW territory) would be a heck of lot nicer for a new nation to have than a few fighters, no matter how state of the art.

Best, Raptor

IIRC LOAF said a long time ago that the BW´s Dragons were destroyed or damaged beyond repair in the last battle against the Vesuvius (Maniac,Hawk,Panther), the only one that survived was Blair´s one (parked in Earth).
And the BW only took one Lance Transport.

Originally posted by Quarto
It doesn't matter that the Banshee's three other guns are sometimes useless - they're still there (and, BTW, you forgot the Piranha's Stormfire :p).

And as for fighter comparisons, why don't you compare the WC3 Arrow with the Armada Arrow, or with the Ferret, Hornet and Epee?

Well,I tried not to compare these cause they are from a ...different age.Hornet is back in 2654 ,I dont know how nowdays would look like,Epee Armada Arrow are 2667-2668 but they are before the Peace treaty with the Kilrathi,so they havent improved just like the old Wc3 ships did after the Treaty (Hellcat,Arrow etc).Ferret on the other hand is not a light fighter but a patrol craft

The Armada Arrow was from 2669. It was definitely after the battle of Terra - the Armada manual even talked about that :p.

Oh not again!The second mistake in this week :( TCSTigersClaw feels very bad :(

Embarashing !Anyway ,you are correct,I have the manual now and I read it again.Well,I should except the Armada Arrow for other reasons....eeeemmmm ..... maybe cause everything in Armada are soooo..... strange.... ?Maybe this was the Special Ops Arrow......or maybe that the Victory had an improved version of the Arrow cause it was in the front lines.....

P.S. 2 mistakes ,if I was from Japan,I should do a Charakiri now :(

I don't think so. The UBW probably would ask for confed to return all the stuff confed got from them. So, in return, they would be expected at least some of the stuff they raided from confed.

Confed would return everything anyway, they couldn't get away with keeping BW stuff. The BW, on the other hand, would have a free hand.

TCSTigersClaw: So, the Arrow improved from 2 missiles to 8? The Banshee's doubling of missile capacity is suddenly looking very modest :).

Originally posted by Delance
I don't think so. The UBW probably would ask for confed to return all the stuff confed got from them. So, in return, they would be expected at least some of the stuff they raided from confed.

This has been discussed before !Look at older Threads pal.Quarto is right.

Quarto:Well ,8 missles can are a huge improvement from 2 ,Ok.Im just curious,how do the 16 missles fit in the Hardpoints of the Banshee... its smaaaaaaaaaallll to have them ;)

I don't know. Maybe they've added some external hardpoints. Maybe the miniaturisation of the missiles allows it... after all, if the missiles are still the same size as in WC1, I'd sure love to see how the Vampire fits all those missiles onboard - after all, the Vamp is almost ten metres shorter than the Banshee :p.

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
This has been discussed before !Look at older Threads pal.Quarto is right.

Not that simple. Confed even got back PEOPLE from the Border Worlds.

I hope you mean prisoners or something, because most other kinds of people can just *decide* where they want to be, unlike ships and weapons, which cannot.

--Eder

Originally posted by Eder
I hope you mean prisoners or something, because most other kinds of people can just *decide* where they want to be, unlike ships and weapons, which cannot.

Wrong. People usually can't re-enlist on the armed forces of a differenct nation and keep their ranks.

Except that under the exchange system the BW and Confed has set up, they can :). The two nations have set up a military exchange system where any officer can move back and forth between BW and Confed forces. This system allows people like Hawk, Wilford and Drago to serve for Confed while remaining enrolled in the BW forces.

Originally posted by Quarto
Except that under the exchange system the BW and Confed has set up, they can :). The two nations have set up a military exchange system where any officer can move back and forth between BW and Confed forces. This system allows people like Hawk, Wilford and Drago to serve for Confed while remaining enrolled in the BW forces.

From treason to free action? Not bad.

Actually I think it went far beyod that, since confed pilots were training on a BW ship.

Back