• Yes, as a Fighter Bomber

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Yes, as an Interceptor

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Yes, as a paperweight

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well... older fighters like the Banshee weren't designed to fly at 550 kps, either... obviously, some changes have been made to the ship :p.

Instead of completely getting rid of the HARM missiles, maybe make a varient for assulting capships. Or wait a few days for me to send you a drawing of an idea I had....

Originally posted by Needaham45
Instead of completely getting rid of the HARM missiles, maybe make a varient for assulting capships. Or wait a few days for me to send you a drawing of an idea I had....

Hmmm, given the known flags for missiles, you could give it the "damage capship components" ability as well. It always struck me as weird how turrets could be damaged by normal fighter weapons even though the bridge/engines could not--isn't the whole ship supposed to be protected by the phase shields?

The Banshee is all wrong. Think about it. The distribution of missiles is all wrong. The Banshee has 4 bays, so you could give it: 4HS/4IR/2DF/2HARM, or: 4HS/2HS/2DF/4IR. That would make some sense. Personally, if it were up to me I'd strip off 30cm of armor to lower the mass and then give it a higher rate of change. I'd also slice 100/150Kps off the 'burners, that way the fuel lasts longer.

As to the Epee: Get rid of it, give us Arrows, or even Ferrets.

Incidently the Arrow fights bugs pretty well, when you give her back her full missile loadout.

Originally posted by Quarto
Well... older fighters like the Banshee weren't designed to fly at 550 kps, either... obviously, some changes have been made to the ship :p.

Its easier to improve the Engines.But its not easy to improve much the Y/P/R and the Missle HardPoints of a Craft...
16 missles are just toooooooooooo much

Originally posted by Ijuin
Hmmm, given the known flags for missiles, you could give it the "damage capship components" ability as well. It always struck me as weird how turrets could be damaged by normal fighter weapons even though the bridge/engines could not--isn't the whole ship supposed to be protected by the phase shields?

Maybe the surrounding shield of a Turret is close to 0.Cause it would damage its own shield when firing.....So,when firing the Turret has no shields,or a few shields.....The same happens when a capship firs Torpedoes ("wait to lower their shields") .

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Its easier to improve the Engines.But its not easy to improve much the Y/P/R and the Missle HardPoints of a Craft...
16 missles are just toooooooooooo much
Why is it too much? If a fighter had two missiles, and I increased it to four, nobody would say it's too much - but in both cases, the number of missiles is simply doubled. The Banshee had always been overarmed with missiles anyway - come on, eight missiles on a light fighter? That's more than a Hellcat, and an awful lot more than a Hornet ;). How about its guns? Seven guns on a light fighter? That doesn't even begin to make sense. How about its shields? 250 cm is what a Hellcat has... what it comes down to is that the Banshee had always been a rather remarkable ship. If I was making up a new light fighter and somebody suggested giving it 16 missiles, I'd probably refuse, but with the Banshee, it actually seems reasonable.

Remember, these upgrades do not come without their own tradeoffs... I would imagine that maintaining a fighter upgraded beyond recognition is a lot more time and work consuming than maintaining a modern fighter. Heck, it's probably more expensive, too (but buying the new fighters in the first place is more expensive still).

I know.....Banshee was too much for a Light Fighter,but now you made it close to a Heavy :p :p

Well,I dont have a prob,I just mention it.

P.S. A Hornet Nowdays,wouldnt have lasers.......

Quarto lets compare 2 Light Fighter`s Armament with Banshee.

Arrow Wc3:It has 2Ion/2Laser cannons and 8 missles.
So it has the same amount of missles but better Main guns.

Pirancha WCP:It 1Ion/2 laser cannons and 6 missles.

Less missles and almost as poewrfull guns as the Banshee....

Banshee has 7 guns,but the 3 are useless......who uses Scatter except of special occasions or the 2 Leechs ?
It`s main guns are the 4 lasers....

Now,in UE the Banshee is almost as Powerfull as a Medium to Heavy (cause of its 16 missles!!)

It doesn't matter that the Banshee's three other guns are sometimes useless - they're still there (and, BTW, you forgot the Piranha's Stormfire :p).

And as for fighter comparisons, why don't you compare the WC3 Arrow with the Armada Arrow, or with the Ferret, Hornet and Epee? The WC3 Arrow has twice as many missiles as the Epee, almost 3 times as many missiles as the Hornet, and 4 times as many as the Super Ferret and the Armada Arrow. If you have a problem with the Banshee doubling its missiles, why don't you have a problem with the WC3 Arrow doubling the missile load of the Epee, which was probably the most modern light fighter before it? I mean, come on, the WC3 Arrow has more missiles than the Hellcat :p.

I use both the Banshee's other sets of guns... Leech guns are great, and the scatter gun's beautiful for when you get right close on someone's tail.

What? The leech guns are the humane way to neutralize the poor confeds that are not renegad bastards. Confed just kills Border Worlders, but the UBW is better than that. Specially Blair, the savior of the Confederation, most decorated pilot, 100 years old.

You haven't played Wing Commander 4 until you've tried to play it without killing anyone (except for, obviously, where it's not possible as the mission won't advance, or you don't have access to enough leech weapons.)

It gives you the moral high-ground, because we all know how that matters for a computer game player...

Delance: To be fair, the Confeds thought they were acting in self defense when they went after the Border Worlders. They were in the wrong, certainly, but they weren't killing Border Worlders for the hell of it.

Best, Raptor

True, but those guys were part of the project, or project sympathisers. I don't think it's fair to tar the general Confed military/leaders/population with the same brush.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Quarto
It doesn't matter that the Banshee's three other guns are sometimes useless - they're still there (and, BTW, you forgot the Piranha's Stormfire ).

And as for fighter comparisons, why don't you compare the WC3 Arrow with the Armada Arrow, or with the Ferret, Hornet and Epee? The WC3 Arrow has twice as many missiles as the Epee, almost 3 times as many missiles as the Hornet, and 4 times as many as the Super Ferret and the Armada Arrow. If you have a problem with the Banshee doubling its missiles, why don't you have a problem with the WC3 Arrow doubling the missile load of the Epee, which was probably the most modern light fighter before it? I mean, come on, the WC3 Arrow has more missiles than the Hellcat :p.

You are right......well I told you before ,I dont have a problem with the Banshee ,Im just posting my thoughts :D .
Well,to tell the truth between Wc2-WcArmada-Wc3 there lots of differents,some cant be explained easily....My thoughts is that after the "Peace" offer my the Kilrathi ,when the fleets withdraw ,they made all these improvements to their Fighters/CapShips ,thats why in Wc3 they are so much better than WcArmada and Wc2.Anyway,maybe they did the same thing the BWers.

P.S. Its just annoying now ,cause anything looks better than My HELLCAT !:p

Hey, ive never had the chance to play UE, when does it take place, is it sometime after WCP??? does it include old characters, or is it like a AU thing?:confused:

Ahh, you'll just have to play it, won't you?

It is after WCP and you could say that there is an old character in it (as old as WCP that is)

By the way, what happened to the Dragons that were captured? Even without cloak (because it is redundant against the Nephilem ships) and autoguns, it is still a decent ship.

It would be nice in UE2 to have them, just like the way they made the Bearcats part of the Border World ships.

Back