Tiger's Claw death

The belief was that Blair commited *treason* -- that he destroyed the Tiger's Claw himself. They just couldn't prove it, so they went for a lesser charge.

Don't forget that the other survivors didn't get accused of anything because they had their flight recorders intact.

Yup. And Blair was the first one on the scene -- everyone else arrived to find Blair and a blown up carrier. :)

Bandit LOAF said:
Yup. And Blair was the first one on the scene -- everyone else arrived to find Blair and a blown up carrier. :)
Thats something I always questioned . . . out on patrol in a hostile system without a wingman? Not real smart anyway Blair :)

Bandit LOAF said:
Blair and company (Angel, Iceman, etc.) landed on the Austin, which was also part of the strike on K'tithrak Mang.
Had to, how else would Colsen have had access to his flight recorder unless Jazz had transferred to the Tigers Claw?

C-ya

Jazz and Doomsday transferred back to the Austin prior to the ending of SM2. And if I remember correctly, Angel was promoted to the commander of the Austin's flight group before the Claw left Firekka, so she was off the ship already.

As for Blair being alone, maybe the Claw had taken heavy pilot casualties? Perhaps Blair knew he could handle himself in a fight, but he wanted to make sure the pilots under his command survived.

Iceman was dead already.

And also, I've heard people ask this. "Why didn't Tolwyn let blair attack K'Mang after Jazz confessed?"

The answer is that Tolwyn dudn't want to promote Blair as the hero after blasting him for ten years and then finding out he didn't do anything at all.

Iceman wasn't dead -- he died flying off the Austin several months later.

And yeah, Blair was flying alone -- the WC1/2 Guide has a detailed description of the mission.

Bandit LOAF said:
Iceman wasn't dead -- he died flying off the Austin several months later.

And yeah, Blair was flying alone -- the WC1/2 Guide has a detailed description of the mission.

How did blair go and get him then?

That's a really good point. Did Prophecy happen to mention where Iceman bought it? Anyone want to bother looking at the FMV? Too bad there's no script availible (that I know of).

But, if Iceman was transferred to the Austin, then why was he not mentioned in WC2 as a survivor?

Well, put the pieces together..

Tigers claw blown to bits, and Blair is the only survivor.. looks suspicious.

Because he was dead. He was no longer a survivor, even if he had been. Maybe Iceman died before Blair's courtmarshall came down the pike?

Klaitu said:
Well, put the pieces together..

Tigers claw blown to bits, and Blair is the only survivor.. looks suspicious.

...I think it's been confirmed that Blair was not the only survivor.

AdmiralHuang said:
Hmmm.. six Dumbfires killing the Claw? Doesn't that seem a bit suspicious? Maybe they were REALLY BIG DFs...

If you can blow up the Tiger's Claw in WC1 with the two Dumbfires and three Heatseekers on a Scimitar, then six Dumbfires from three Strakhas should be able to do the same.

How did blair go and get him then?

... in a fighter?

That's a really good point. Did Prophecy happen to mention where Iceman bought it? Anyone want to bother looking at the FMV? Too bad there's no script availible (that I know of).

B'shriss System.

But, if Iceman was transferred to the Austin, then why was he not mentioned in WC2 as a survivor?

Because by WC2 he was dead... although there are a number of other people who were alive and weren't mentioned in WC2 -- Hunter, for instance.

If you can blow up the Tiger's Claw in WC1 with the two Dumbfires and three Heatseekers on a Scimitar, then six Dumbfires from three Strakhas should be able to do the same.

Again, though, they were torpedoes.

Back