Tiger's Claw death

Then one wonders why the WC3 Strakhas did not carry torpedoes. Can you imagine the reign of terror that would have been if you had to intercept multiple Strakhas with torpedoes?

AdmiralHuang said:
Then one wonders why the WC3 Strakhas did not carry torpedoes. Can you imagine the reign of terror that would have been if you had to intercept multiple Strakhas with torpedoes?

Quoting myself:

So, in the novels, they are carrying 2 torpedos but in the game they don't even have the firepower of a light fighter.

Is that correct?

If so, how come we don't see any torpedo carrying stealth fighters in the game? Perhaps they would be impossible to beat (lock on target cloaked, de-cloak for a second, fire the ordanence, cloak again, get the hell out of there, or even stay there to enjoy the fireworks)?

And to reiterate what I or someone undoutably told you, the novels have absolutely nothing to do with anything. The Strakha which appear in WC2 -- in the *game* -- carry a pair of torpedoes.

There's, of course, no situation in the actual WC2 game where they'll *use* the torpedoes (aside from the cinematic), since you always encounter Strakha when you're alone. I suppose you can set up to have them attack the space station in Academy... they might use them there.

And note that they state in WC4 that anything that carrying a torpedo will make most things move like a slug, which means that by WC3 time, I wouldn't want to try to fit your lovely, already-not-that-well-armored Strakha with a 8m-long torpedo. :D The WC2 stealth fighters, those that weren't destroyed at K'Tithrak Mang's shipyards, were either destroyed by you.. or used to develop the mass-production version of the Strakha which you now see (the sleek dagger) in WC3.

Remember those pigs in WC2 were lightly armed, lightly armored, and about as maneuverable as a Grikath... a heavy fighter which outweighed them by 10 tons. I'd rather fly naked into battle than one of those Strakhas, if the cloak was down.

Does anyone have a picture of the WC1 Strakhas uncloaked? I don't quite recall the mission where the Tiger's Claw fell down went boom.

To clarify: I remember the mission, but I don't remember the brief glimpses I got of the Strakhas when they fired.

There's no mission in SM2 where the Tiger's Claw is destroyed -- it doesn't happen until the intro to WC2.

That makes me wonder..

Who didn't survive the destruction of the claw? besides Halcyon that is.. (why didnt halcyon fly anyways)

Now you've done it... he's got his giant list of people we know were on the claw that we use to disprove annoying people who think the pilots on the killboard are the only pilots on the ship :(

Well, there has to be more pilots than that, because theres more fighters defending the claw sometimes than there are pilots (especiall if you err.. accidentally killed all your wingmen)

Back