The CIC OT Zone's Official You're All Huge Idiots Religion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Bush have they right to use his presidential influence to forward his religion

I was just wondering,

I saw Bush commenting on the gay marriges in Cananda and also the Gay bishop in both instances he is very flustered and visibly angry, talking about lawyers making sure Canadian gay marriges cannot be recognized by the United States. (although I figured that was a rule anyways)

My qeustion is:

Should Bush be allowed to act this way?

Should he be allowed to use his presidential power to, opress the gay movement he so readily oposes?

Shouldn't he as the representitive of these United states be more wary that he is treading on ice that quickly turns to water?

IMO Bush has his beliefs but his beliefs take second when represting the United states as president because this is after all the land of the free that means free choice

He is having Lawyers check into making sure that gay marriges in cananda can't be recognized here. (maybe he should have had them check if war was legal) :)

Lastly he is going to sink himself if he opresses or tries to pressure this bishop thing he is no better than the govoners that supported segregation

-Rance-

'Bout time we got us a gay thread! I think we should all try to get along with homosexuals. If they want to get it on with you, you should let them, because you wouldn't want to offend them or anything. And besides, maybe they know something we don't. I think I'll get out the ol' jar of Vaseline and go make some new friends!

wow

that wasn't what I was saying, pay attention Ripper :(
That was the most annoying post I've seen I wasn't promoting my life style I was merely pointing out that people such as bush feel they have a right and a moral claim to trying to hinder it and I don't think that's right
-Rance-

Dark Ficus said:
How did they justify their beliefs regarding homosexuality? Leviticus 18.

Well, if you want to get *technical* about it, homosexuals don't lie with women in the same way they lie with men :)

vindicator said:
I don't choose to be gay, I choose to be happy

Contradiction is A-1 SUPAR! *rimshot*

Preacher said:
-- Not that hard to theorize at all, actually: Studies have shown that there is a high correlation between certain types of upbringing and the likelihood that a person will turn out gay. Specifically, an upbringing where the father is either absent, or (if he is present in the family at all) is cold, distant, and unloving toward the child, and the mother is overly controlling and protective towards the child. This is mainly in the case of males, but it may also hold for the female children of such a household as well.

I'll come back to this in a sec.

-- Your theory is seriously flawed, guy. To put things in perspective, it brings things into focus to remember that your example spoke of the French, fer cryin' out loud. 'Nuff said... :rolleyes:

Don't be racist, thank you.

-- Well, I don't know about you, dude, but I'm 100% hetero, which pretty much blows your theory out of the water.

Yeah, my theory about how gay people are gay is refuted by the fact you aren't gay.

What? This is like saying that you don't like spam, therefore the world doesn't like spam.

I love the smooth curve of bountiful breasts, the way a woman smells, the wonderfully mysterious terrain of her, um, "womanhood", the way they laugh, the sweet sound of their voice as they speak and sing, or say/moan my name, the rich thickness of her hair running thru my fingers, the smooth softness of their skin, the dangerous curves of the feminine hips, butt, and thighs, the way it feels - from beginning to end - to "be" with them; damn, the whole PACKAGE!!!.
As the late comic Sam Kinison said: "..how can a guy look at another guy's hairy a@@, and call that love, huh? How does that work?...
I have no desire (no, not even a 0.5% desire...) to find out the answer to his question. Uggghhhh!!!

::shudders::

You are honestly frightening me :(

And as we all know, mating with one of the same gender as us produces incredibly healthy offspring...

My personal opinion is that it's a much better alternative to the rampant population growth ravaging Southeast Asia and Africa, as well as infaticide and abortions.

And you would have us take seriously a site that posts the following ad (right up at the top of the page, no less...)??...
"Love Spells and Love Spell Kits
Purchase powerful love spells and spell kits to help you find - and keep - the love of your life"...

Riiiiiiight...

Ad hominim fallacy - you are dismissing the opponent out of hand without even examining his argument. If YOU have evidence contradicting the statistics on the effectiveness on faith based ministries or even revealing them as outright lies, then post them and we can discuss this in a somwhat mature manner. The burden of proof lies on YOU. Until then, I will continue to accept them at face value, even if the banner ads were for "Satanic Communist Nazi Tantric Sex in Wet Cement" (and personally, I think that's probably better than most banner ads).

Incidently, I am not of the belief that homosexuality is caused by genes. Nor do I particularly care. My reasoning is that, okay, they're gay, we can't do anything about it, they aren't hurting anyone, we might as well live with it. (Before you bring up the "collapse of family values and the end of western civilization", I would note that unless you can prove every link between "homosexual marriage is legalized" to "total anarchy", your argument is a Slippery-Slope fallacy and I can't honestly take it seriously.)

Also, I don't believe that legalizing an institution is necessarily a step to promoting it - in fact, the opposite can occur (witness the spectacular failure of Prohibition, brought up with the best of intentions and in a matter of years accelerated the rise of organized crime). Other examples don't exactly bear your argument out - Mormons don't drink alchohol, Creationists don't believe in evolution, Jews don't eat pork, yadda yadda yadda. That's fine. I don't care. In fact, I would argue that in a nation that prides itself on its democratic institutions, it is your moral duty to stand up for what you believe in, and not rely on the government to protect you from yourself. Unless you are directly harming someone else, it's not the government's job to legislate morality. And no, I don't believe homosexuality should be taught in schools - there are plenty of private (albeit overzealous) organizations perfectly capable of handling it. Ideals competion, let the best ideal win. Isn't that what America is all about?

(Incidently, I am also for legalizing marijuana - albeit with the launch of a massive public campaign condeming it and taxed through the roof. Let's be frank, though - can we really control the spread of drugs in the country, and is it worthy to devote such disproportionate resources to what I believe is a hopeless cause? The same goes with anti-homosexuality laws).

I've already stated my viewpoints in other threads. In case you haven't read them, I'm a social libertarian - that should say it all.

I back Pres. Bush 100% i think he's doin the right thing. Gay marriages should not be recognized. I could care less about those damn fags, its unnatural and its against God's will. :mad:

Dark_Knight said:
I back Pres. Bush 100% i think he's doin the right thing. Gay marriages should not be recognized. I could care less about those damn fags, its unnatural and its against God's will. :mad:

I've been trying hard not to get involved in these threads, but oh well..

Yeah, I bet God is up there in heaven or wherever right now saying to himself.. "Goddamn fucking faggots, how dare they try to express their love for eachother through marriage"

That was sarcasm, obviously. I'm not a Christian actually, but from what I know of the religion, it seems to be that the Christian god would be completely against this kind of hatred and probably wouldn't give a damn whether one of his children is homosexual or not. Do people like you (bigots) realize how completely ridiculous they sound when they say things like this? Grow up, man.

Well, if the gov't legalizes homos to marry, what will they legalize next? huh? our values are already goin down the tubes, you see the crap they put on tv? Will you marry my dad and fear factor and "reality" tv shows. they world is goin down morally...have you seen british tv? their attitudes toward homos and abortion(anther controversial topic) and america is headed that way. next thing you know we'll be having gladiators on tv hackin each other to bits or better yet wars made for tv. will that be enough blood for everyone? will our morals be downgraded enough? maybe then God will see that he needs to do something to open our eyes. Go BUSH!!! Kick the middle easts ASS!! lets get some cheap oil like Ralphie said on Last Comic Standing. I'm damn proud of our Pres. screw what everyone else says..lets go kick Iran, Syria, and North Korea's asses. so everyone in the world that we are not to be messed with..there had to say cuz too many damn people, Repulican and Democrats, have been saying too many untrue negative things. off topic..but i dont give a damn..i dont care about the homos any way. :mad:

well obviously you dont know very much about religion...let me put in simple terms for you son...ITS NOT RIGHT! sure they are people....but they can be turned back to the Light side.

Dark_Knight said:
Well, if the gov't legalizes homos to marry, what will they legalize next? huh?

I must point out the Vietnam war as an example of how your mindset can be counterproductive.

our values are already goin down the tubes, you see the crap they put on tv? Will you marry my dad and fear factor and "reality" tv shows.

they world is goin down morally...have you seen british tv? their attitudes toward homos and abortion(anther controversial topic) and america is headed that way.

Yeah, people shouldn't be allowed to SAY WHAT THEY WANT!

next thing you know we'll be having gladiators on tv hackin each other to bits

Don't need it, virtual reality is much more efficient. :)

or better yet wars made for tv.

I really don't want to point out the Gulf Wars, but you can't deny it was a boon to the news networks at least.

will that be enough blood for everyone?

Killing people is generally bloodier than butt-sex.

..but i dont give a damn..i dont care about the homos any way. :mad:

I assume this gives me permission to completely ignore your post then?

Dark_Knight said:
well obviously you dont know very much about religion...let me put in simple terms for you son...ITS NOT RIGHT! sure they are people....but they can be turned back to the Light side.

Real life is not Star Wars.

I don't have a problem with gays, just as long they stay the hell away from me and don't do bad stuff like raping children and straight people and don't pervert children like this; 10 days of a gay parade in Disney. What the f**k is Esienhower doing. That really steamed me up when I heard that. :mad:

alright smartass keep it up...the Gulf Wars isnt what i was thinking..sure they show stuff, but not everything, like people dying and blood and guts. Virtual reality, or pc games, doesnt seem to be enough for some people. Referring to legalizing stuff i mean like marijuana. and sure go ahead and ignore my post.

Iceblade said:
I don't have a problem with gays, just as long they stay the hell away from me and don't do bad stuff like raping children and straight people and don't pervert children like this

Oh great, then straight people can do bad things like raping children and homo people!!!

Hmm, I think I didn't make myself clear

what gives bush the right to opress the homosexual lifestyle, and futher more excersie his power to do that? and furthermore would you like it I became president and was outspoken on staright marrige being wrong and had a bible with my own scripture to back it up and then tried to outlaw straight marrige because I thought I was right?

-Rance-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back