Ships for UE2?

Originally posted by Eder
Oh, BTW, Lynx, the only ship intended to be used in UE2 that I've created so far is about as modern as an Excalibur in it's design.

--Eder
Hmmmmm. How much would I have to pay you to name that baby the Retaliator? :D

Seriously, I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for UE2. A good mod is all the better when its made by fellow Border Worlds fanatics.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor
Hmmmmm. How much would I have to pay you to name that baby the Retaliator?
Well, the design I was referring to has already been named, but it's funny you should mention the Retaliator...
The "other" light fighter design I mentioned, which I think still needs adjustments and Q thinks it's great looks a lot like a Retaliator, except it has a big engine stuck between the rear fins.

I actually wanted to make a model of the HTL Intruder so I could try to convince Q to include it in UE2 (sort of a "let's make two fan projects fit together" thing)... but I had only one reference picture, and my imagination simply refuses to contribute to that model... so it ended up looking pretty bland :(

I'm basing most of my stuff on HTL designs nonetheless, at least for "first tries"... then I mutate the thing and get some feedback from Q on it, and then I make changes until we both agree it looks good... Don't expect the ships to be blue, though, since UE's BW official color is Mother Russia Red. :p

As for Privateer 1 designs, or designs from any other games, I don't know. Depends on what the rest of the guys decide on. Personally, like I said, though, I'd rather take the UE ships and then, along the course of the campaign, replace the older ones with new BW ship designs..... it's 2681, the BW must've come up with something new already.... and if you simply really really really can't live without WC1/2/Priv designs, just wait for Standoff instead of UE2 :p

--Eder

Don't dare to replace the sacred Banshee with something else! :p

BTW, how many new designs will we see in UE2?

I don't think there's a defined number yet. The minimum number of original designs sort of depends on how many WC worthy designs I can come up with... and the maximum obviously can't be too high, since the BW certainly haven't managed to replace *all* of their outdated front line ships yet.

--Eder

Well, if you change the Banshee for another fighter i won´t complain.

I know the Razor is a light fighter (and you have the Ferret, although i don´t like itm the model is great ;) ), but it could be great to use it, maybe in the simulator missions (if Eder could make it).
Even more, it´s dificult (besides the *weight* problem) to add lot of ships to use only in the simulator?.

Just as long as you don't drop the Vindicator. The Vindicator Cult has a long reach and a longer memory. :D

Seriously, Eder, if you need any further HTL stuff for creating your designs (pictures, stats, backstory for the designs), just drop me a line.

Best, Raptor

How could we drop the Vindicator, when it's not (yet) in there? :)

The thing about the simulator is that it can only hold a certain number of ships - 14, of which 7 can only be accessed using cheats. We'll definitely be dropping the older version of the Scim (with no Vipers - I doubt anybody will notice it's gone ;)), but that only gives us one free space - so, if any of the new ships are to appear in the sim, something else will have to go. Well, we'll see what happens.

well, just make a poll with all the ships that you can add, and the winner...is the winner!

I dont think,they ll drop the Banshee....Its seems to be the main BW Fighter....

Originally posted by Quarto

The thing about the simulator is that it can only hold a certain number of ships - 14, of which 7 can only be accessed using cheats. We'll definitely be dropping the older version of the Scim (with no Vipers - I doubt anybody will notice it's gone ;)), but that only gives us one free space - so, if any of the new ships are to appear in the sim, something else will have to go. Well, we'll see what happens.

What about the BearCat...... ???
Also the Epee ??

I ll not miss these 2 Fighters.....;)

The Vindicator model is already looking great, I just hope that giving the damn thing red markings doesn't make me feel too guilty to continue with my work :p

--Eder

Originally posted by Eder
The Vindicator model is already looking great, I just hope that giving the damn thing red markings doesn't make me feel too guilty to continue with my work :p

--Eder

You made new Textures for the Vindi??
Its is already with BW markings in Wc4.....what for ?

Originally posted by Ghost
well, just make a poll with all the ships that you can add, and the winner...is the winner!
Ok, well, I guess this would be a good time to point out that while we do want to please the fans as much as possible, it would be a fatal mistake to put that sort of thing to a vote. Storylines designed by committees, as a general rule, suck. We're most definitely going to take into account the opinions expressed here, but at the end of the day, the decisions must be ours :p.

Heh, Eder, I never said you need to repaint the Vindicator... though if a red one looks even better than the great-looking original... ;)

Here is the list of ships I would like to see in UE2:

Ferret (same as UE1)

Scimitar YA (the version with the Viper guns tht you fly in UE1)

Raptor (About 1/3 less armor than Scim, slightly more shields and speed [like 200/200 shields and 440/1200 speed], 2 Ion/2 Mass Driver, 2 DF/4 HS/4 FF, possible light bomber loadout with 2 LT instead of DF)

Rapier IV (speed between 450/1200 and 520/1400 with shields and armor similar to Raptor, 2 Laser/2 Viper, 4 DF/4 HS/4 IR with possible light bomber loadout with 2 LT/2 DF instead of 4 DF)

Avenger (same as in UE1 simulator)

Vindicator (same shields, armor, and guns as WC4, speed boosted to about 440/1100 kps and maneuverability about the same as Scimitar, missile loadout of 4 HS/4 IR/4 FF/4 LT)

Either Epee or Arrow (Epee would be UE1 version; Arrow would be more or less WC3 specs--520/1400 kps, 90/80/90 dps autoslide, 200 shields/80 armor, 2 laser/2 Ion guns, 2 DF/4 HS/2 IR missiles. Basically slightly heavier and slower than the Epee).

As for the Kilrathi ships, the ones in UE look fine to me except for the lack of a heavy bomber with shield-penetrating guns (the Grathra made an excellent light bomber however). Maybe the Pakhtan could make a comeback?

Well,RapierIV with Vipers and lasers ?? I think its too much....

Also,about the Raptor Shields.....Hey!!
Its is old ,but its still a Heavy Fighter....So if it is taken by the BW they should make it a modern Heavy Fighter ,with Shields for Heavy Fighters.!So it must have a lot more shields than the Scimitar.

How about a BW corvette? The WCP manual mentions the TCS Brack although it doesn't mention what class it is (at least I can't find it, I could be wrong). The Venture class from WC1 is pretty elderly by now so it may be that Confed has replaced it with something a bit newer. As the border worlders have a lot of space to cover with not much cash it could be that they woulf work out as a low-price solution. I'm not suggesting that they could be flyable by the player but it could provide a bit of extra scope for storyline. A bit of re-imagining of the Venture class may be necessary to make it fit with what we think of as corvettes in WCP (maybe add some turrets and some torps).

Oh yeah, would it be possible to allow torps to target corvettes as well as capships? I know they can be taken out with normal guns but being unable to use torpedoes has been a fairly widespread grudge.

Of course its up to you guys but I thought I'd add my 2 cents

Ventures have both turrets and torpedos... they just aren't simulated in the game...

Originally posted by Filler
can I possibly the original texture files you're working with?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean... If the missing part of that sentece is "have", sure you can, but if it's "profit from", tough luck man :p

Heh, Eder, I never said you need to repaint the Vindicator... though if a red one looks even better than the great-looking original... ;)
Well, we're going to make red markings the BW standard, aren't we? If that's the case, I think we should do the same to the Vindicator... I don't think all of the Vindicators in the universe had blue markings to begin with :D

--Eder

Back