Ships for UE2?

Originally posted by Ijuin
Well I am speaking of the values used in the game code--when you go to edit the ships in WC2, the Rapier has 115 shields/80 armor.

Yes, sorry I just had in mind the Joan`s update.....I forgot as I said that there are diffrences with the actual game`s stats,just like with the "Claw Marks" and WC1 ;)

Delance, in the Fiction of UE ,Rapier IV is the BW Rapier.As I said its as related as the BW Banshee with the Confed Banshee !

Nowdays , they are as related as the WW2 Typhoon with the nowdays Typhoon.

You got it ?

Just some thoughts:

The reason the Thud gets creamed in SO is because some idiot lowerd the gun pool to 350, rather than 720. That mean you get one shot with the Tachyons and the Ions, then one more with the ions. Same with the Excalibur.

The Epee was pretty useless, so was th Banshee, despite the huge number of missiles and high speed.

Ditch the Epee, just replace it with the Ferret. The Epee was horrendusly unresponsive.

Why make it for a different engine, this is a WC game.

The Vind should stay at 400Kps, the Panther only does 450, which is a perfectly reasonable speed.

I don't understand why people bitch so much about the Epee. I choose the Epee whenever I can. If you adjust power to shields and guns and fly on the afterburner, you're untouchable. When using the StormFire, you can kill everything quickly.

You know flying epee in UE reminded me of flying TIE fighter in "TIE fighter" - I used the same tactics against fighters and almost the same against capships - Epee rules!

Originally posted by BattleDog
The Epee was pretty useless, so was th Banshee, despite the huge number of missiles and high speed.
Well, admittedly everyone would be better off flying Dragons and Excaliburs, but that's really not the point of UE :p.

Originally posted by Quarto
Well, admittedly everyone would be better off flying Dragons and Excaliburs, but that's really not the point of UE :p.

I agree with that - flying Banshee , Epee or Scimitar you have to develope different tactics, and when you do this flying these fighters is a much better experience than splashing hundereds of enemies in Excalibur, Dragon, Vampire etc.

No SuperShips anymore (Vampire,Dragon etc) but not useless too...

Epee is flyable,Its just in my opinion the worst in UE.Every Wc game has a Bad light useless pain in the ass ship :p

I dont have a problem with Epee.But I would vote for it to go away,for a new ship to come like the Vindi which I like

Originally posted by BattleDog
Just some thoughts:

The reason the Thud gets creamed in SO is because some idiot lowerd the gun pool to 350, rather than 720. That mean you get one shot with the Tachyons and the Ions, then one more with the ions. Same with the Excalibur.

Ditch the Epee, just replace it with the Ferret. The Epee was horrendusly unresponsive.

I agree. Given a choice between Ferret and Epee, the Epee only edges ahead because of the long range of its Heavy Stormfire cannon. I say give the Ferret autoslide and replace the Epee with it.

The Vind should stay at 400Kps, the Panther only does 450, which is a perfectly reasonable speed.

Yeah, 400 kps is just bearable for a light bomber. I say give it the same speed as the Scimitar (400 kps cruise and 1100 kps afterburn), and a turning rate that is equal or slightly better. WC4 Vindicator is fine as-is as long as it can turn faster than the Grathra did in UE1.

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
No SuperShips anymore (Vampire,Dragon etc) but not useless too...

Epee is flyable,Its just in my opinion the worst in UE.Every Wc game has a Bad light useless pain in the ass ship :p

I dont have a problem with Epee.But I would vote for it to go away,for a new ship to come like the Vindi which I like

Yeah, in UE1, the BANSHEE was the closest to a "super ship" that you got to fly (the Bearcat was fairly strong too, but you only flew that in the simulator). It was the dual Heavy Stormfire and SIXTEEN missiles that made it the most powerful fighter you flew. I think that the closest that we will get to a "super ship" would be the new Rapier, which would be somewhere between the Tigershark and the Panther in strength (same speed as Panther but less armor, less yaw rate, slightly weaker guns, and something like a 4 DF/4 HS/4 FF missile load instead of 6 IR/6 FF).

I like non-Super Fighters. The Epee is just stupid, I'd much rather have have the lower speed, heavier armor and the massdrivers. I like the Ferret.

The Banshee was too strong, it was too fast and had too many missiles. I'd trade 2HS/2HARM for 150 rounds on the Stormfire.

As to speed. I up the armor on the Thud to 360/300/360, which is in line with the other SO Ships, pop an extra IR and FF in, then change two ions for Particle Guns.

Result?

A light bomber which kicks Shrike ARSE!

Speed isn't important, it's how fast the craft responds. On paper a Shrike handles better, when you get out there the Thud turns, pitches, rolls circles round it.

400 is still fast, even in 2681 the fast intercepter only does 480, the multi role fighter does 480 and the dogfighter does 450.

Don't forget the "Black" ships in SO are basically seriosly souped up fighters that won't hit frontlines for maybe 5 years, if ever.

The Banshee was definitely one of the more superior fighters, but only due to its missile loadout. It was a ship that didn't have much endurance. I mean after spending all the missiles and stormfire, you're left with 4 lasers, which are nothing too much to shout about. The Banshee's endurance could be increased with autoslide (which I thought it originally had - correct me if I'm wrong).

And I'd love to swap those HARM for anything else! Dumbfires would be great! Sometimes I wish you could stuff the lock on missiles and simply use them as Dumbfires.

So,you all dont want super ships......Hmmmmm....You want them to be flyable but not to kick ass.....GO GO GO fly all the Hellcat !!;)

YO ! I thought I was the only one in here that I like so much Hellcat that I completed SO with it ! (Import it with WCPEdit):p

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
YO ! I thought I was the only one in here that I like so much Hellcat that I completed SO with it ! (Import it with WCPEdit):p

What did you use for the bombing missions? Or did you just load some torps on your Hellcat?

I used the Longbow, or the Thud. For a lot of missions I used the Arrow. I had to beef them up a bit, since generally your wingmen get creamed.

For the Hellcat I doubled the armor, stuck a pair of FFs on and 20Kps extra speed.

The Thud just got double armor and slightly beefed up guns.

Back