Seether and Blair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm... maybe you could like relax a bit... cuz he is, well, right and all.

And Germany did loose both World Wars... World War I was pretty much because of the US, World War II was more the Russians, but you guys did take a beating.

And he was just saying what happened. I'll be joining the RCAF next year, but I seriously don't care if LOAF goes and says that America did more to win World War II than Canada, since it is true. How does his being in the Armed Forces or not make a difference?

Wow. I'll get in on this too. =) I won't bother with the standard quote format, but you'll get the idea.

"No listen up you little american collage baby face. Every single American solider can talk to me in this way and I'll know its meant for fun. But if some stupid asshole like you starts talking with me like that, then its over."

Why can a soldier talk to you that way and not a college student? One of the bigger reasons we kicked your sorry racist asses was intelligence and tactics. The soldiers did the direct work, yes, but without the well educated generals, etc., leading them, and worse, without the extremely well educated code breakers to get through your transmissions, the soldiers wouldn't have done so well. Just because you can carry a gun doesn't mean you're special. Well, except in your case. You're speshul.

"And for talking about you kicking out butts in some world wars, then go study some history lessons or join the military yourself. "

Though LOAF and Tre have already picked this apart quite well, I'd just like to add insult to the injury you probably won't have noticed, being speshul as you are. Not only were you defeated well in all three world wars (I'm including the one coming up when we kick them again for good measure), you also had your asses handed to you by the FRENCH of all people in the Napoleonic wars (and don't tell me there weren't germans involved when he went marching is armies through to beat up on Prussia and Poland), by the Norse, and by the Romans on numerous occassions.

"Not a single soldier on this world, no matter from what country would have insulted be in such a stupid way. But you college babe think you are allowed to ha? "

No, the soldiers wouldn't because many are speshul like you and couldn't have thought it up. Worse, you're showing off how under (or un) educated you are with this and other comments. It's called grade school, look in to it.

"But now its finally over. I am not here to be insulted by some idiots who think they are something better and praise themselves with stuff they haven't even done a fart for. "

Nope, you'll just rip off the CIC's fucking headlines without crediting them. Mindless military speshul reporting at it's best.

"Now kick me out of this crap if you feel better then, I won't come back anyway. You just have crossed the line."

You will too come back, you're probably crying like a girl reading this right now. And kicking them out wouldn't make them feel better, we're all having a good laugh at your expense. Or perhaps instead the expense of your intellectual potential, as if there ever had been any.

"Better never meet me in real life college boy or I'll rip your ass off that bad that you'll never know again if you are boy or girl"

Again you display your speshulness with the sudden reversion to violence and total abandonment of any feeble attempts at showing anything remotely thinking about possibly becoming intelligence. It actually points out a few things. Freudachu, I choose you! Obviously you're having problems in your life because your father abused you in some way: physical abuse, neglect, wasn't there for you when you needed him. As a result of this you are particularly subconcious about your freakishly small genetalia. And to make up for that, you've joined the army to A: try to make women think you have a manly job, and B: get a gun which your mind considers an extension to your dick that would have trouble pleasuring a mosquito.

And finally, your sig, which locks in the miniature pecker replica of yours:

"The most important reason to fight another race? Cause its there!"

So you're racist too. This is not in the least a shock to me, or to anyone, most likely.

So there we have it. You're speshul, your retarded dick is speshul, your country is speshul, and for good measure I think it's safe to say that your shitty little website is speshul. Though it doesn't matter, most people are un-speshul enough to know to get their news at the CIC in the first place and not bother with your pissy fecal scribblings you managed to get online somehow.

[Edited by TyeDyeBoy on 06-24-2001 at 18:12]

PrinceThrakhath's insults are uncalled for. But I think you misunderstood him about the WWII thing.

Of course Germany lost both wars but he wasn't refuting that, rather that the U.S. was responsible for the ass kicking.

"And Germany did loose both World Wars... World War I was pretty much because of the US, World War II was more the Russians, but you guys did take a beating."

Let's start with World War I, Cricket. By 1918, both the Central and Allied powers had suffered huge amounts of casualties and were on the verge of economic collapse (especially true for the British). Saying that the U.S. was the major allied contributor is ridiculous considering the U.S. joined actual fighting in the last 2 months, when the war was effectively over. Besides, the entry of the U.S. was counterbalanced by the Russian defeat. The war ended when the Kaiser abdicated and the new government, being pro-peace, initiated talks for an armistice (which differs from an all out surrender; remember Germany won huge territories from the Russians in the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, and Germany was still occupying territory in Belgium and France and hadn't lost any of its own territory yet).

Anyway, let's move on to WWII...

Here you are right, Cricket: The Russians were the major contributor on the side of the Allies for victory. Britain barely averted a German invasion and was in no position to attack mainland Europe. France was defeated and other European nations were in no position to offer resistance. The only two major allied powers were the U.S. and Soviet Union. It is fact that the U.S. was the strongest economical nation in World War II, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was in military terms as well. Take, for example the the kill ratio of 8 to 1 for German tanks over American tanks. On the other front we have the tenacious Russians, who suffered more casualties than the Germans. They were also the only nation with tanks that could match German counterparts. Had it not been for the Russians and with its second front, the D-day invasion would have had to face 100% of the German forces instead of the the 40% (about 60% were fighting on the eastern front)
and when you consider that the Battle of the Bulge almost drove the allies back, then what would have happened with Germany's entire military force on the western front? To sum it up, Thrakhath meant to say that the U.S. shouldn't take all the credit (Russia clearly deserves more credit) for winning WWII and top it off with making it seem like it was easily won by the Americans. Had that been the case, WWII would never have developed into this big deal and would have been forgotten like the short Spanish-American War.

"Why can a soldier talk to you that way and not a college student? One of the bigger reasons we kicked your sorry racist asses was intelligence and tactics. The soldiers did the direct work, yes, but without the well educated generals, etc., leading them, and worse, without the extremely well educated code breakers to get through your transmissions, the soldiers wouldn't have done so well. Just because you can carry a gun doesn't mean you're special. Well, except in your case. You're speshul."

Well, believe it or not, even NOW, American military academies are teaching about tactics of brilliant German generals/fieldmarshalls, Rommel the Desert Fox, comes to my mind. Furthermore, American Generals like Patton got famous for their usage of tanks, which was an adaptation of the German blitzkrieg tactic, pioneered by Generals like Heinz Guderian (yes, a German). Without his works on military tactics we might still be using the ever effective concept of rows of infantry slowly charging into artillery fire or machinegun fire like in the Civil War/World War I. And talking of intelligence. German scientists came up with weapons the U.S. military put into service 10 years after WWII! For example, real jet fighters, air to air guided missiles, ballistic missiles, and others. Talking of missiles, it was GERMAN scientists who developed the huge rockets for the Apollo program(BTW, I used to live in the city where Wernher von Braun (you guessed right, another German) led NASA's rocket program, namely Huntsville, Alabama) and not just on the U.S. side, but also on the Soviet side. As far as the code breaking is concerned, I think the British deserve more credit for that than the Americans.

I guess I have said enough on this. So please, if we are going to discuss history, get the facts right! :)

Oh, and TyeDyeBoy:
"One of the bigger reasons we kicked your sorry racist asses"

I don't see how identifiying all Germans as sorry racists makes you any better than the Nazis identifying all Jews as subhumans. Please be more considerate in the future.

I'm no history expert but I do have to agree about the comments KatKiller made about the contributions of the Americans. In WWII many Americans forget, or simply don't know, that the was with Germany was going for a long time before they even got involved. Britain and the Commonwealth forces were fighting desperatly for the side of good long before the U.S. even got involved. Of course, once they did was a major boon to the war effort but it by no means was the reason for Hitler's defeat. The Battle of Britain, thought by many to be one of the major turning points of the war didn't invole the U.S. at all. Yet still the myth that the illustrious Americans came in and handily won the war for the world is still largly believed in America. However, I am straying from the point that all of this is secondary to the point that Thrakaths comments were infantile and uncalled for, and his total lack of tact and intelligance was more than obvious to everyone here.

Yes but without American aid and supplies the British would not have been able to hold out as long as they did.

And now that we are debating roles in WWII this thread may finally be closed.

Originally posted by KatKiller
PrinceThrakhath's insults are uncalled for. But I think you misunderstood him about the WWII thing.

Of course Germany lost both wars but he wasn't refuting that, rather that the U.S. was responsible for the ass kicking.

I'm pretty sure Thrakhath's just really stupid. Nobody's saying that the US was soley responsible for winning World Wars 1 and 2... just that they helped.

Right. He is. I looked it up in the profile, he comes fom Germany! :eek: What a shame...and I was talking from if he was soldier in our country. Then I saw he already is...:(
If I'd get such superiors, I should better let going to the army...*g* Then it is too stupid...don't want to spent my life wasting time with such people. Of which many seem to exist in Germany. That are the people which answer on the question who has won the 2nd WW: Germany....or who would have liked if it was so. Wanting to give the Allies the guilt of the wars...we Germans were guilty. Not alone not mainly. And this forms a contrast to his opinion. Hope you don't think all Germans are racists/stupid etc. We only have some very 'nice' examples of that human kind. Hope I'd ever meet you...then I could throw that words in your face, 'Prince'.....*g*

Sorry about that... I learned about World War I back in October. I just remember the Americans joining and Germans loosing happened at about the same time.

And I remember in World War II the Germans got their plans on how to fight with tanks from the Russians, actually. The biggest reason the French and other countries lost was because they hadn't learned to use their tanks well.

Don't worry about that, people usually have to be smart to be an officer :)

Thanks, but I still have 2 years. I'll think about it. But I just wonder how somebody like him made the first test. For ex. the psychological one....he seems to have a problem with respecting superiors. In the army that normally is a real problem.:)
Hope I never got to see him here again. Or maybe if he is able to forget his quality of insulting everybody. Then maybe...*g*
We'll see.

We can only hope...that he doesn't.

WWI, it wasn't really America that won the war for the Allies, though America's entry greatly sped up victory.

America joining into WWII was a deciding factor, but it wasn't the sole deciding factor. It was indeed American aid and troops that enabled the Allies to carry out Operation Overlord and the general counterattack on that scale (hell, America planned Operation Overlord), but again, we mostly broke the stalemate and sped up victory for the Allies.

In the Pacific, it was America that won the war. But in Europe, we just tipped the scales.

But the point is moot, since there is no way to tell whether or not America's entrance cost Germany the war.

And many people thanked them for helping the other Europeans against Hitler. If I imagine that Hitler had won? :eek: So, we lost many things at least half on the country, but that time also ended 10/11 years ago. So now we help other countries to keep the peace...if our army has got enough money (the whole debate remembered me of the Prophecy manual and the debate about money in it Mega Carrier or normal Carriers/ Uncle Edgar-Comparision). We'll have a debate about helping in the Macedonia-war soon. Our parliament has to make the decision. But the officers say, they don't have enough soldiers, bad equipment etc. All that came after our financial minister tried to save money and began with the army...
Are that problems equal in other countries? I think so.

LOL
Completely right. He wanted too much and lost. :)
And he wanted it the wrong way( the way he liked was...too stupid and cruel).

The sad truth is that if Hitler and his generals hadn't made so many mistakes, they would have taken Europe before the U.S. had even gotten involved. But thats not the way it happened.

Originally posted by Fishbone
We'll have a debate about helping in the Macedonia-war soon. Our parliament has to make the decision. But the officers say, they don't have enough soldiers, bad equipment etc. All that came after our financial minister tried to save money and began with the army...
Are that problems equal in other countries? I think so.

Here in Canada it is much the same. After WWII Canada had the second largest navy in the world. Now after decades of Military cuts we barely have enough ships to patrol our Borders. And It the same for our Air Force and Army, but yet Politicians still commit large amounts of Man-Power to peace keeping missions overseas.

Cruel? Absolutely. Stupid? Anything but.

Hitler may have been a sub-par general, but he was very, very cunning, especially when it came to politics. The stupidity of that period can be summed up in 6 words: "This means peace in our time."

You're right, though, Hitler made a couple of stupid decisions that cost him the war...attacking Russia while still engaged with Britain, for one. Withdrawing from Britain, as well. But you can't be stupid and conquer a good chunk of the continent.

Hitler didn't actually intend to invade Britain, he wanted to form an alliance with it and the empire. If such an alliance had gone ahead...

The plan to invade Britain by destroying her air defences was essentially sound tactics, except that the British fighters were far superior to the German aircraft.

Not really. He didn't intend to share an empire with the British, but he did offer them peace so he could move on to the east.
As for the Battle of Britain, I don't know the exact date but Hitler once had the invasion scheduled for a certain day during which the RAF was virtually nonexistant. Luckily, the invasion was postponed. Then, of course, Hitler made the mistake of switching to civilian instead of military targets, giving the RAF the chance to rebuild. After that, he canceled the invasion entirely.

Originally posted by Nep Parth
In the Pacific, it was America that won the war. But in Europe, we just tipped the scales.

But the point is moot, since there is no way to tell whether or not America's entrance cost Germany the war.

I rather disagree. In fact, I think American involvement was the major factor in Germany's defeat -- and I'm not just saying that because I am an American.

Consider that long before Pearl Harbor, America was in many respects already at war in Europe. Supplies, armaments, pilots (such as the Eagle Squadron), materials, ships (the Lend-Lease Act), etc. were pouring into Britain. I dare say that without those supplies, Britain would have been overrun or forced to capitulate before America was officially part fo the war. Either way, that in turn would have allowed Germany to concentrate on Russia, rather than the two-front war she was forced to wage, quite possibly leading to her victory over all of Europe.

Of course, once Pearl Harbor was attacked, and America was able to fully go into war production in full world view, I believe that Allied victory was only a matter of time. No country in the world could even approach U.S. industrial might, and unlike other nations, the U.S. was generally not open to any kind of significant mass attack.

My three cents....

[Edited by OriginalPhoenix on 06-25-2001 at 17:16]

Originally posted by Dak
The plan to invade Britain by destroying her air defences was essentially sound tactics, except that the British fighters were far superior to the German aircraft.
It was extraordinarily sound tactics, and was working quite nicely, until...

One of Hitler's biggest blunders of the war (generally considered one of the "big three goofs") was switching from bombing the RAF airfields and radar sites to the cities, in response to a small British raid that hit Berlin. Had he not ordered such, and the Luftwaffe had continued bombing the airfields, the RAF would have lost out by simple attrition. And it wouldn't have taken too long -- at the time of the switch, the RAF was in extremely bad shape, but got the reprieve it so desperately needed to repair, rebuild, and restock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back