Seether and Blair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that just came to my mind.
If enlisted men don't go to the academy, as you said, why had "Grunt" to go there?
He was already enlisted with the Marines. So why should he go there but an enlisted Navy crewman not? They're both no officers yet. Grunt had to got through the full program too

[Edited by PrinceThrakhath on 06-23-2001 at 22:37]

My dear sir, I assure you that I know very little about real life.

I am, however, rather familiar with Wing Commander...

In Action Stations Tolwyn graduates the Academy and is waiting for his flight training assignment. It's explained rather clearly that officers recieve basic flight training at the Academy, but that they go on to a flight school if they're actually going to be pilots.

In the Confederation Handbook we see Blair and Maniac's records from Flight School, which makes quite clear the fact that they went there *after* the Academy. This is why we hear about the Flight School being on Sirius and the Academy being on Hilthros.

I mean, how do you think Confed gets pilots? The several-hundred graduates from the WC1/2 guide are nowhere near enough... people like Hawk go through OCS, or other pilots attend regular colleges and go through ROTC programs (which is actually talked about in Action Stations...). The *reason* enlisted men don't go through the Academy is because it's an incredibly selective thing -- look at the bios in the WCP guide. There are *a few* Academy slots, and they're usually reserved for people who have particular political contacts... much like they are at the real-life Academies today.

I also see that, as a fairly unrelated aside, I must once again explain what the Wing Commander Academy series was -- for it is neither fish nor fowl (it's not the TCSNA or flight school). It's a special leader training program for officers (it's *literally* called the Wing Commander Academy...). All the Academy characters have already graduated and gone through flight school... and they're doing further, advanced training (and competing for the Cadet Wing Commander Award from the end of the show) You can read all about this for yourself in the Academy press kit. (So, in response to your second quote, Grunt *didn't* go to the Academy...).

I'm not saying that Blair met Seether... in fact, if you re-read everything I've said, I make it pretty clear that I believe Hawk met Seether in flight school... (in 2656).

>My dear sir, I assure you that I know very little about >real life.

But so do I. Call me Cadet at Officer School.

>I am, however, rather familiar with Wing Commander...

So am I

>In Action Stations Tolwyn graduates the Academy and is >waiting for his flight training assignment. It's explained >rather clearly that officers recieve basic flight training >at the Academy, but that they go on to a flight school if >they're actually going to be pilots.

So? That Navy. I am talking about Space Force.

>In the Confederation Handbook we see Blair and Maniac's >records from Flight School, which makes quite clear the >fact that they went there *after* the Academy. This is why >we hear about the Flight School being on Sirius and the >Academy being on Hilthros.

So you still take the movie for real timeline ha? Fine. Then also see that Blair and Maniac are Lieutenant JGs in the Movie which is Navy rank. So again: Navy, not Space Force.
Hilthros is a planet, Sirius as system. Planets of a system with the same name are called like Sirius Prime, not Sirius.

>I mean, how do you think Confed gets pilots? The several-
>hundred graduates from the WC1/2 guide are nowhere near
>enough... people like Hawk go through OCS, or other pilots
>attend regular colleges and go through ROTC programs
>(which is actually talked about in Action Stations...).
>The *reason* enlisted men don't go through the Academy is
>because it's an incredibly selective thing -- look at the
>bios in the WCP guide. There are *a few* Academy slots,
>and they're usually reserved for people who have
>particular political contacts... much like they are at the
>real-life Academies today.

Hehe..in US yeah..nuts enough. Too bad they took that over for WC. Still thats no explanation why a Space Force cadet should go through a Flight School after graduation. Navy personnel is reasonable since Navy has non-pilot personnel. But not the same about Space Force, which is Blair. I never said the Navy has no Flight School. I said the Space Force has none.

>I also see that, as a fairly unrelated aside, I must once
>again explain what the Wing Commander Academy series was --
>for it is neither fish nor fowl (it's not the TCSNA or
>flight school). It's a special leader training program for
>officers (it's *literally* called the Wing Commander
>Academy...). All the Academy characters have already
>graduated and gone through flight school... and they're
>doing further, advanced training (and competing for the
>Cadet Wing Commander Award from the end of the show) You
>can read all about this for yourself in the Academy press
>kit. (So, in response to your second quote, Grunt *didn't*
>go to the Academy...).

Blair and Maniac graduated in 2653, then spent a year on the Formidable, then got transfered to the Claw. So when should this "special program take place? AFTER WC1 or what?
*g*
Funny also that change this story nearly every week. Last time it was the Flight School, then the first episode was before WC1 the rest after and such stuff...
Here the quote from your mentioned press kit:
". Because of recent heavy losses in battle against the Kilrathi, the 201st Pleeb class of the Confederation's Space Naval Academy replaces the regular flight crew aboard the refurbished Tiger's claw spaceship, with Commodore Geoffrey Tolwyn commanding. the cadets are supposed to complete their course of instruction while peforming routine patrols and flight raining. "
Tolwyn also said at the end of the last episode that he AND THE ACADEMY would continue to teach em what they could.
It was a special program, yes. For cadets of the 201st class being temporary in an equal position to a 2nd Lieutenant. But NOT AFTER graduation but STILL on the academy. Tolwyn calls em CADETS. If you graduate you are 2nd Lt, no Cadet.

>I'm not saying that Blair met Seether... in fact, if you
>re-read everything I've said, I make it pretty clear that
>I believe Hawk met Seether in flight school... (in 2656).

I'll paste your quote:
LOAF:"Seether didn't graduate Academy until *after* the war... "

Aha..so he didn't graduate until AFTER the war..I see..so how did he meet Hawk then in 2656??

So you still take the movie for real timeline ha? Fine. Then also see that Blair and Maniac are Lieutenant JGs in the Movie which is Navy rank. So again: Navy, not Space Force.

They're the same Blair and Maverick. You'll find that their ranks are occasionally given as the naval equivalents (in the WC2 section of the KS manual, for instance).

Hilthros is a planet, Sirius as system. Planets of a system with the same name are called like Sirius Prime, not Sirius.

I have nothing against nitpicking, but nitpicking and getting it wrong is just sad -- Kilrah, for example, is in the Kilrah system... <G> Regardless, Sirius and Hilthros are different places...

Hehe..in US yeah..nuts enough.

Keep your stupid opinions to yourself -- I think you'll find the US has beaten the tar out of your country each time it's come to that...:)

Too bad they took that over for WC. Still thats no explanation why a Space Force cadet should go through a Flight School after graduation. Navy personnel is reasonable since Navy has non-pilot personnel. But not the same about Space Force, which is Blair. I never said the Navy has no Flight School. I said the Space Force has none.

A Space Force cadet should go through Flight School so they can learn to fly. We see a number of Space Force officers who are *not* pilots... (Colonel Schwarzmont from AS immediately comes to mind, but then it's 2 AM <G>)... in fact, I believe it's mentioned rather specifically that only 200 of the 1,200 people at the actual SF Academy will go on to become pilots in the WC1/2 guide.

Blair and Maniac graduated in 2653, then spent a year on the Formidable, then got transfered to the Claw. So when should this "special program take place? AFTER WC1 or what?

No, Blair and Maniac graduated after their tour on the Formidable -- that was their midshipman's tour. WCA takes place during WC1 (aside from Red & Blue).

Funny also that change this story nearly every week. Last time it was the Flight School, then the first episode was before WC1 the rest after and such stuff...

What are you talking about? They haven't changed the WCA story since 1996. The first episode takes place before WC1 -- *at* Flight School on Sirius... and then the rest of the series takes place quite a bit later on (during WC1), since it's all around a Sivar-Eshrad ceremony.

Here the quote from your mentioned press kit:
". Because of recent heavy losses in battle against the Kilrathi, the 201st Pleeb class of the Confederation's Space Naval Academy replaces the regular flight crew aboard the refurbished Tiger's claw spaceship, with Commodore Geoffrey Tolwyn commanding. the cadets are supposed to complete their course of instruction while peforming routine patrols and flight raining. "

Rather: "In the Wing commander Academy, 12 cadets hold the rank of 2nd Lieutenant. At the end of their tour, the oustanding cadet leader recieves the "Wing Commander" designation and an insignia of gold wings reaching the first step of "flag rank". "

Tolwyn also said at the end of the last episode that he AND THE ACADEMY would continue to teach em what they could.
It was a special program, yes. For cadets of the 201st class being temporary in an equal position to a 2nd Lieutenant. But NOT AFTER graduation but STILL on the academy. Tolwyn calls em CADETS. If you graduate you are 2nd Lt, no Cadet.

They're at the "Wing Commander Academy", a special command training program.

I'll paste your quote:
LOAF:"Seether didn't graduate Academy until *after* the war... "

Paste my entire quote... I believe it, and the surrounding discussion is rather unrelated to all this.

Well, if your going to bash the movie timeline, at least do it with something good.

Like Tolywn having been a vet of the Pilgrim War, but he graduated the Academy and went on his first mission at the start of the Kilrathi War.

Or the whole Iason incident, that we've gone over in a past thread and I really don't want to start that arguement over again.

Or the WCM taking place a bit before WC1, somehow Bossman dies then comes back from the dead to fly in WC1.

I'm sure theres more, but I can't think of em of the top of my head.

Yeesh, I wouldn't mind flying with Bossman! Apparently he can cheat death a number of times! :D

Originally posted by PrinceThrakhath
My dear sir, I assure you that I know very little about real life.
But so do I.
How admirable of you to admit that.

Call me Cadet at Officer School.

You got it, Cadet at Officer School!
pic5.jpg

Last edited:
Originally posted by LeHah
Yeesh, I wouldn't mind flying with Bossman! Apparently he can cheat death a number of times! :D

well, The movie, i guess, was made to try and attract non WC fans to it, all the mess ups were to try and get fans from the general public, not just Wing Commander, since, well, how should they know?

LOAF: "Keep your stupid opinions to yourself -- I think you'll find the US has beaten the tar out of your country each time it's come to that..."

No listen up you little american collage baby face. Every single American solider can talk to me in this way and I'll know its meant for fun. But if some stupid asshole like you starts talking with me like that, then its over.
The Academy thing I mentioned being nuts is critizised by many many people WITHIN your so great military. And that for a good reason. That's all I wanted to say with that comment. And I had much nice discussions about that with some US soldiers.
And for talking about you kicking out butts in some world wars, then go study some history lessons or join the military yourself.
Not a single soldier on this world, no matter from what country would have insulted be in such a stupid way. But you college babe think you are allowed to ha?

I've always tried to talk with you about WC. I also never was afraid to be corrected if I was wrong with something. But for some reason you and your asskisser club think you have always to insult people who try to talk on a same-level basis. I don't go here to kiss your feet. I come here sometimes to talk if I see an interesting topic.
But now its finally over. I am not here to be insulted by some idiots who think they are something better and praise themselves with stuff they haven't even done a fart for.

You should really think about the way you are handling other people. YOu have pissed me off for a very long time now..somehow I always came back and tried again on a normal level..mainly because I like WC...but now it over. This entire CIC community may have big knowledge but also consists of the biggest assholes I've ever met. Now kick me out of this crap if you feel better then, I won't come back anyway. You just have crossed the line. Better never meet me in real life college boy or I'll rip your ass off that bad that you'll never know again if you are boy or girl

goodnight

"That's great, LOAF, but you'll need something longer to do an entertaining mailbag with this."

"Do we have to do a mailbag?", I replied, "Aren't people tired of marveling at how crazy and stupid the freaks are?"

"Everybody loves freaks, Bandit."

"Oh, allright, then."

No listen up you little american collage baby face. Every single American solider can talk to me in this way and I'll know its meant for fun. But if some stupid asshole like you starts talking with me like that, then its over.

In eight or nine years you'll turn eighteen, and you'll have the option to join the military. I urge you not to do so. You are, quite clearly, the biggest problem with the armed forces. You're the reason that there is so much dislike of them among the civilian population.

Not a single soldier on this world, no matter from what country would have insulted be in such a stupid way. But you college babe think you are allowed to ha?

You're that pathetic element thereof that has no respect for his duties -- who simply wishes to be lauded for having said duties. "Oh, I'm in the military, that makes me more special than everybody else, since I'm defending them", you seem to have decided. You clearly haven't learned that the military is simply part of society -- a valuable part, but no more important than anything else. You're doing a job -- this doesn't give you the right to think that you're better than anyone. One of the things you're theoretically defending is my ability to "insult you in such a stupid way". Thinking otherwise makes you a hypocrite.

I don't go here to kiss your feet. I come here sometimes to talk if I see an interesting topic.
But now its finally over. I am not here to be insulted by some idiots who think they are something better and praise themselves with stuff they haven't even done a fart for.

Here's a shocker: Your opinion is not more important than mine because you're in the Air Force! And being in the Air Force does not give you a carte blanche to offend everyone else with impunity as you did below. You perform a duty just like everybody else here. Only you, however, seem to think it's especially important -- Chris Reid sells video games, but he doesn't go around snapping at everybody who doesn't like Half-Life.

You also, apparently, have some very serious anger management issues... saying incredibly stupid, rediculous things like you ended your last post with indicates all the more that you'd be a very bad soldier... (perhaps the sort responsible for the aforementioned horrific defeats <G>?)... Which is to say, get some help. We're all happy to discuss Wing Commander with you -- despite your disgusting actions at agwc and your web site -- but if you attack us, we will defend ourselves. Very well, apparently.

You should really think about the way you are handling other people. YOu have pissed me off for a very long time now..

Perhaps you should consider the fact that you're one angry young man among thousands of people who are happy here -- maybe you are the problem?

Better never meet me in real life college boy or I'll rip your ass off that bad that you'll never know again if you are boy or girl

Are you coming on to me?

lol, man, talk about a short fuse. Its these kind of useless posts that makes you appreciate the admins are funny and cool, cause they coulda just delete this thing or what-not and I wouldn't of had the chance to laugh like i did just now lol

Excuse me, if I mix myself in it, but it's quite funny to see a guy making himself become a fool. If I may say that...if you really are in the Air Force (many people can tell many unreal storys), it doesn't impress me a thing. If you'd have to defend my country and if all soldiers of the country acted like you do here....the politicians made a better if they gave up. Did you never learn discipline??? Normally you learn it in the army. But maybe you missed that lessons. And just a clue...it brings nothing to tell useless insults about people whom don't care about (like the stuff here does). :) Because of that you're a fool.
And PS: If you never learned discussing...LOAF was right: many people are happy here, if you aren't it's your thing. But please don't annoy us with insults, which don't interest anybody here. WE are here to talk. Not to read unreal 'facts' and insults. Your posts....

I'm bored so I think I'll reply to a thread for once. I don't really visit the Chat Zone that often, but occasionally someone will paste a URL to a thread in #WingNut. Usually I'll just ignore them and watch some TV instead, but sometimes there isn't anything good on, so I'll go read the thread for some reason. There are a lot of arguments and debates on this CZ and they have to be some of the most amusing things I've ever read. The weirdest part is how time and again, the arguments are presented in the exact same manner. LOAF will usually present a long and detailed argument filled with reliable information and such, and then the other person will reply with numerous childish insults and incoherent rambling such as (I don't really know how to do the quote thing so I apologize if this looks like crap):

And for talking about you kicking out butts in some world wars, then go study some history lessons or join the military yourself.
What exactly does this mean? There have been two World Wars and Germany lost both of them. I knew that before I even took any History courses and how does joining the military help make this fact any more evident?

But for some reason you and your asskisser club think you have always to insult people who try to talk on a same-level basis.
I'm not sure exactly who the Asskisser Club is, perhaps you're referring to LOAF's Merry Guild, which is club involving much ass-kissing, but is entirely unrelated to this CZ. Anyway, just because Kris or any of the other administrators sides with LOAF doesn't mean they're kissing his ass.

Now kick me out of this crap if you feel better then, I won't come back anyway. You just have crossed the line. Better never meet me in real life college boy or I'll rip your ass off that bad that you'll never know again if you are boy or girl
Who wants to bet that he's lying and will actually come back? Aside from this being a serious threat to one's physical well-being (if someone were to say this to me in real life, I would probably call the police and have him arrested,) I also just don't understand it. Is "college boy" supposed to be an insult? There are millions of college students in the US alone, I don't understand why anyone should feel that going to college is a bad thing. Second, if I was going to attack someone I would try to do something more effective than "ripping their ass off". It isn't a easily detachable body part and would take a great deal of effort to rip off.

Now so this won't be interpreted as a personal attack against one individual, here's a quote from a thread I read a couple days ago:
idiot of the year 2001.. shut the fuck up unless you actually know what you're talking about
Face it, LOAF knows more about Wing Commander than everybody. He could probably knows more WC trivia than everyone who's even worked for Origin. If he says something about WC, he knows what he's talking about and probably has several sources to prove it. So basically, don't bother trying to argue with LOAF over the validity of a WC fact, because he's right. Just accept it.

It's true that it's sad knowing some people would take something this bad and start yelling and harrassing everyone, i think this guy needs to make an apology, i dont think anyone would hold a grudge, right?

I think we could all get along a lot better if we all agreed to take our anger out on the Kilrathi. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back