Screenshots Release Thread

I'm sorry, but missiles are not the only thing that distinguishes WC craft from WW2 fighters. :p

here you have it.. the TCS CV-46 Courageous going down :D

Attachments

• blast.jpg
    blast.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 601
Here's another WIP: A Broadsword before getting it's paintjob.

Attachments

• Broad1.jpg
    Broad1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 502
BobMcDob said:
Yay ... wait, what class ship is that?

it is the TCS Courageous... a former TCS Courageous, a Concordia-class carrier. Right now the player is loosing mission 5 of the campaign :(

@Lynx: yay, another great texture work is comming in. I have postponed the release of the alpha, so that we have the new Talla and Concordia-class carrier included (at least the carrier). There is a chance that the BS will be in it :D

Even though I've always been kindof partial to the WCATV re-imagining of the old Bomber (not to mention the Claw - though they could never figure out exactly where they wanted to launch and recover fighters from :)) great Broadsword! :)

C-ya

Lynx said:
I'm sorry, but missiles are not the only thing that distinguishes WC craft from WW2 fighters. :p

Of course not. It just is how I perceive the situation (especially in WC1 and WC2) to be. It is patrial and compeletely subjective. I don't claim to "know" what its designers thougth of, but still. The atmosphere reeks of "let's fight WW2 in space".

Are there any plans for Wc1 ships, or is it COMPELETELY out of the picture?

And another question. When you will release the mod is it difficult to create seperate exe's (each for a game)

meaning...

WC2 has ONLY wc2 ships, terran and killrathi
WC3 has ONLY Wc3 ships and so forth...

of course there should be a exe with all the spaceships COMBINED, but for those who prefer a more "to the book" experience, something should be provided.

I know that when designing a campaign in FRED, you can put which ships you want, but still, it would be easier that way.

It hasn't got top priority, but do consider it. Thanks :)

the only way I see it is to edit ships.tbl

as for WC1 ships: right now two have been implemented: the Hornet and the fan-made Cutlass.

Actually I'm using two programs, MGI Photsuite to draw the main texture, Photoshop is used just for it's overlays and effects since I despise drawing with vertex based programs.

here is the BS in the game :D

you can also see one of our newly created stars!

Attachments

• bs.jpg
    bs.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 544
I've just played around with the Caernavons glowmaps and added those light coneson the bow. Does it look good?

Attachments

• screen02.jpg
    screen02.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 610
Back