'Scenes of McAuliffe' WIP Thread

Do you want to take some closeup? If not you could spare quite some rendertime with textures.
As far as I know its quite common just to model out the parts you see in the closeup and for the rest you use a just bump or displacement mapped model.

it's a challenge thing for me, i've not really done anything so detailed as i'm planning on making this lady, so, that's why. i know the standard practice of it all, but..i'm going for crazy detail level. Oh, and there will be plenty of closeup shots of this girl.

Brad Mick

So its more a test of your abilities, of what can be done...well thats allways something interesting. Had the same idea long ago but I was more aiming for doing the inner details like a complete set of rooms (bridge, baracks, hangar).
Well during that time I had to find out that didn't had what it takes to do that kind of project and now I don't have the time to...life isn't fair ^_^
I hope you can archive your goal.

a slight bit o' an update. blocking in some greebles for the sides, quick put in the side extension, lots to do.

Brad Mick

Attachments

• concordia_05.jpg
    concordia_05.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 236
I did a bunch of scetches for a scenes of McAufflie but I didnt post them because 65% were my own made up ships and I really did not wish to be labeled an ass and a Fanboy. however you are doing great.

heh, thanks. and, you know...that's the risk you take. especially on a project where 95% of all the material has to be scratch built.

Brad Mick

Excellent greebles my friend!!! I would love to see some up close shots...you know I learn a great deal of what I know from you. :)

here go, still just place holders yet. shuold be getting to them relatively quickly though :) I basicly just look at WWII aircraft carriers and decided, hmm...these could be some neat greebles on a carrier. threw in some sponsons and flak turrets. also, got radio aerials there. i'll be designing on paper the final greeble setup for it, hopefully it'll turn out pretty well.

Brad Mick

Attachments

• concordia_07.jpg
    concordia_07.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 233
Well, fortunately, I have gotten my pc restored somewhat and have reinstalled my 3d program so I will definitely be back at some modelling here shortly. Although, it still won't come close to your level of expertise. :)

here's an update. working on the hull panels. not 100% on them. going to redo them here soon.

Brad Mick

Attachments

• concordia_08.jpg
    concordia_08.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 220
Closeup
Wow that are a lot of guns their. I haven't taken a close look at the move guns, but these look more like the A-fighter guns..are they?
Do you intend to use the same weaponconfig as in the WC games for the bigger a-cap turrets?
I like the placing of them...maybe you want to give them also more details in the future.

Armorplating-pic
*you hear a soft wisper "closer, closer" *
The platingdesign looks quite like the movie ones, good job their....just do your screenies more closer or bigger...or best both ^_^

the idea of the side turrets is flak guns. weak, mainly for anti-torp and bomber scaring. thre will be much fewer big guns for anti-warship killing. the plating is going to be 100% redone. and the side details aren't final yet. still placeholders. been working on some stuff for LOAF, so i haven't done a whole lot on her. will have some stuff soon though, promise :)

Brad Mick

Back