'Scenes of McAuliffe' WIP Thread

thanks

oh, and in case you're wondering, yes..the hurricane is low poly (game qaulity) as well. i dunno when i'm going to get around to doing up high res versions. sometime i hope. but, who knows. this project is the "Forever Project". it'll get done when it gets done. be it months, or years from now :)

eventually though, there'll be a nice high res Action Stations CG short. just no time soon :)

as far as designs go, i think i've pretty well got all of the major players knocked out, or nearly knocked out. so much to do. heheh.

and another fun one.

Attachments

• fleet_render_01.jpg
    fleet_render_01.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 178
So...every now and again I dust this thread off with a new addition. Usually conceptual in nature, and just a general overview of the overall progress (which isn't much) so...in keeping with that spirit, here's a little compilation shot of the three ships i've got definate for sure so far.

The Concordia Class (slightly refitted with the movie-esque style) the Coral Sea (this one may actually be finished...i've actually started a trend with finishing stuff) and the 'Old Carrier Class'. so, anyway. here it is for your viewing pleasure.

Brad McKinstry

fleetcomp012wf.jpg

and I forgot, I also did up a game res version of the Butha. The old cat cruiser that gets torped by the Asjaka.

here HE be.

varcruiser013nh.jpg

NOTE: The turrets are placeholders! and the textures are placeholders as well!

BradMick said:
So...every now and again I dust this thread off with a new addition. Usually conceptual in nature, and just a general overview of the overall progress (which isn't much) so...in keeping with that spirit, here's a little compilation shot of the three ships i've got definate for sure so far.

The Concordia Class (slightly refitted with the movie-esque style) the Coral Sea (this one may actually be finished...i've actually started a trend with finishing stuff) and the 'Old Carrier Class'. so, anyway. here it is for your viewing pleasure.

Brad McKinstry

fleetcomp012wf.jpg

The middle carrier looks cool. :cool:

well, the red boxes on it are 6ft tall, and then the wildcats are scaled to the 6ft measurement as well. so, from that you can tell its pretty big, they all are. i'll grab an exact measurement for you later.

i thought the movie claw looked like a hot dog(because of the two bun halves that can be squeezed together ;)

as for the carriers:
so the "movie conny" is the slightly-rounder-than-usual conny, and that old carrier (whichis not a coral sea) what is that?

I have a question. Is there a reason why your version of the Wildcat in here and your version of the Wildcat in Pioneer are different?

Yup, there is. The Wildcat I did for Scenes was decided to not fit with the visual style of Pioneer, so I redesigned it so that it would better fit in with the Pioneer scheme.

The other carrier thats not the Connie is the 'Old Carrier Class' Chevie. And yes, the rounder connie (but still looks like a connie) is the Concordia Class.

Back