Scariest moment

Originally posted by Wedge009

That's right, and easier to fly into an asteroid too. ;)

Sorry, does she live with you? I thought she'd just be at your house for a visit, or something - there'd be plenty of other times to play WC.

Hey if you fly up-down like a mad, it´s pretty dificult to hit an asteroid in P

No she doesn´t lives but she comes all the weekends here. so we spent all the weekends together. so it s easy that we make different things. ;)

Ah, okay.

I used to try the afterburn-and-turn-like-crazy thing in Taryn's misisons, but I wound up heavily damaging myself instead. Eventually, I learned how to kill the Kilrathi instead. Saves a lot of panic. The third mission for Taryn is very long, so being attacked in asteroids when almost home could be a bit scary.

Ewww. You're... kidding, right?
Nope. Wasn't a "brown alert situation" though... I simply really had to use the bathroom and was holding it to get through the mission... "Yellow alert" more like it... funny how a person can lose concentration on holding it in when they're trying to dodge an energy bolt larger than thier ship. :D (I tend to really get into WC when I'm playing it... and these VR glasses don't help matters much)

Edit- I have a new scariest moment. Unknown Enemy. The whole dang thing is intense, but trying to pick turrets off a Fralthri in a tinderbox... er... Eepee, is interesting. I was afterburner-sliding past the port turrets, trying to pick em off without being picked off, when a pair of missiles were launched from the belly of the ship at me... didn't notice the thing had a launcher until both missiles smacked into my paper-thin armor. Watching those things flying in at me gave me quite a fright. Another good moment was the first time I noticed the fact that the Gratha actually USED thier mines, and rather effectively... I've learned to hang back a little from those things, now...

well, the 1st time I ever saw the telamon guys was when... well... I'm 14 now, take that minus the years it was from when WC 4 was released till now and you'll know how old I was then.

my cousins were playing WC 4, and they got to the Telamon part. The younger of the 2 brothers managed to cover the close up but let his hand down when it showed the guy on the table. well, just to say I wasn't very enthusiastic.

Originally posted by TopGun
I think the scene that made me grieve the most was in WC III when Angel got killed

Damn straight. I tell you this much, if I were Blair I would have gone after the son of a *****, girlfriend or not. Guess I simply have no tolerance for...well, I'd need to swear my head off to show my feelings for people such as Colsen and Tharkhath.

'The woman's scream at the begining of WCIV.'

That was pretty bad. What the Flashpacks did in general were a bit rough. No diffirent to conventional ways of blowing up things to the Black Lance maybe, but to me I don't believe it justifiable.

It was the exact kind of scream I would expect from soeone being burned alive. It had nothing to do with the BL, that sound, it's just-wrong.

Originally posted by Ender
It was the exact kind of scream I would expect from soeone being burned alive. It had nothing to do with the BL, that sound, it's just-wrong.

I know the scene you're talking about. Can't really give comment, as I hadn't played the game in a while. I'll go and look.

Okay, I'm back (and I really did just check that scene). I think the worst part of the whole scene is that, for the first time, we see a graphic depiction of violence against innocent people. I can't think of anything this graphic in Heart of the Tiger, or indeed any Kilrathi Saga games, against non combatents. It had been done, sure. Goddard...the infamous retreat scenario...but nothing with the gratioitious description that was shown in The Price of Freedom.

I haven't got wing commander IV up at uni, are we referring to the bit where Seether flashpaks the medical transport and then says words to the effect
"The Border Worlds take no prisoners"

As to which part is most scary, I'd say the bit mentioned above, and the Telamon bio war casualty, but the one that always makes me wince is when Thrakhath guts blair when you lose at WCIII and throw him the finger, it still makes me squirm now at the thought of it.

Originally posted by Oggy
I haven't got wing commander IV up at uni, are we referring to the bit where Seether flashpaks the medical transport and then says words to the effect
"The Border Worlds take no prisoners"

Pretty much that scene. Ender hates the scream of that woman you hear in particular. And that was what Seether said, word for word.

'As to which part is most scary, I'd say the bit mentioned above, and the Telamon bio war casualty,'

Telamon is scary, I must admit, and yes, I will say me being scared at the Secret Missions Retreat ending was silly.

'but the one that always makes me wince is when Thrakhath guts blair when you lose at WCIII and throw him the finger, it still makes me squirm now at the thought of it.
'

Angel was worse. Even if she was horrid at times in the movie. With Blair giving Tharkhath the finger (he says "screw you", from memory. You don't even wanna know what choice words I'd use), well, I'd probably give him a double. And probably try to attack him as well, would die anyway so it'd be worth it.

yes, that is more psychologiacally scary as you can't see who/what is torturing him and how they are doing it (but he is obviously in great pain) But Thrakhath gutting Blair is more graphic and always makes my skin crawl, like the bit in Saving Private Ryan where the German soldier slowly stabs one of the American Rangers (I forget the characters name) with a bayonet (or is it a knife?)

Yeah, Wing Commander doesn't make me jump out of my seat very often. Flying through an asteroid field in Wing Commander I at full throttle is about as scary as it gets. I still catch myself trying to duck the rocks every now and then.

Yeah, I'm pretty impatient. There are times when I afterburn through them, too.
That isn't scary, it's fun. :)

...but the one that always makes me wince is when Thrakhath guts blair when you lose at WCIII and throw him the finger, it still makes me squirm now at the thought of it.
The first time I saw that ending I actually laughed because I immediatly saw the stagehands holding up Mark Hamill when Thrakhath is gutting him. (If you don't belive me, check his feet when he's hoisted up in the air).

The scariest moment in WC? Did I ever tell any of you about the Sunday virus?

Originally posted by Templar

The first time I saw that ending I actually laughed because I immediatly saw the stagehands holding up Mark Hamill when Thrakhath is gutting him. (If you don't belive me, check his feet when he's hoisted up in the air).

The scariest moment in WC? Did I ever tell any of you about the Sunday virus?
I never noticed that before

Yeah , thats right , down to the left there is a hand holding Blair...

But you saw that the first time you saw the ending ? I first saw it 3 years ago in the PSX version of the game....

But you saw that the first time you saw the ending ? I first saw it 3 years ago in the PSX version of the game....
First time I saw that ending, I look to the left and just saw these two hands. The last thing I expected the kilirathi to do was give Blair a complementary foot-massage. :D

I don't know how scary this was to me personally, but if I had actually been Blair, I would have been pretty freaked out. In the final mission of WC3 (winning path), before you get to the planet, I thought my cloaking shield would turn on automatically. Anyway, I reached this area of space where I had to fight endless waves of fighters (I didn't notice that they were endless until like my 10th try). This became a bit frustrating, until I finally figured out the cloaking device. After that, it was cake.
With the device on, I skipped this area completely and fought Hobbes and what's-his-name instead.

Back