Scariest moment

Originally posted by Ghost
I was playing WC3, and my girlfriend shouted: *Turn off the damn PC and come with me, if not you will lose me*
And i said: *better lose you than the Earth*
No, that wasn´t what i said, i said: *Yes, Ma´am*
You were playing WC while your girlfriend was at your house? I think you have odd priorities.

Originally posted by Needaham45
Now, even though my friends constantly make fun of me for it, every time I get a new game, I read the manual from cover to cover before attempting to play it.
Hmm, your friends don't know what gaming is about then - the most immersive games have half the story in the manual. ;)

Originally posted by scheherazade
Hmm... then maybe it was something in wc2... donno then. i remember it being 2d and wave after wave, with a big mission objective.
The only thing I can remember which had infinite waves is the losing end mission of WC3.

I can't recall anything in WC which was exceedingly scary. Well, those traitor comms in Prophecy scare me, especially if it was by accident. The Telamon victim looked quite scary too, but my friend warned me about that. Blair's torture scene in WCP could be scary, but I thought it was Casey's daydreaming when I first saw it. I suppose the scariest thing was when I thought I lost my only copy of SO when my hard disk died a year or two ago (before I had a CD writer).

Wc is not scary at all......If you are scared by a Wc game , go play AVP1 or AVP2 , you are gonna die in your chair...

Well, no one really said that WC is scary, the question is what's the scariest thing from WC. It'd help if you elaborated what AVP is.

Well, maybe I gave wrong answer huh?

The scariest thing in WC is......Well nothing!!!!!

AVP stands for Aliens Versus Predator

Yeah, Wing Commander doesn't make me jump out of my seat very often. Flying through an asteroid field in Wing Commander I at full throttle is about as scary as it gets. I still catch myself trying to duck the rocks every now and then.

You fly them at full Throttle ?????Well if I dont have to dogfight in the Asteroids with some Kilrathi I always have a speed about 100-120 Kps and I push a little the afterburners when a Rock is coming very fast at me .....

My personal scariest moment happened in one of the first times I played Priv1. My Tarsus got rocked by a Kilrathi squadron and after the battle I had no shields, no afterburners and all of the other systems were red. My maximum speed was 32kps and I still didn´t have that life-saving droid. When I (barely) reached Achilles two pirates showed up. I pleaded for my life repeatedly and luckily they gave up finishing with my wrecked ship.

I landed in Achilles afterwards and spent all my cash to repair almost all damaged systems. I thought there was no honor in loading a saved game since I struggled so much to bring that ship back.

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Wc is not scary at all......If you are scared by a Wc game , go play AVP1 or AVP2 , you are gonna die in your chair...

Oh, damn. I've got that game somewhere. I remember playing it, and yes, it is scary. I agree.

'Yeah, I'm pretty impatient. There are times when I afterburn through them, too.'

Yeah me too. Plus, I seem to be able to get through it easier, believe it or not.

'How about the scene in WC IV where you see the victims of the GenTec Bio Weapon'

Gen Select, wasn't it? I'm glad you brought that up. It was pretty grusome. And the possibility of something like that actually existing, considering that the story had elements of gene theropy and such (Seether), is actually rather scary.

The Scariest wing commander moment for me was when...

I got my new P200 and found that all of my old Dos games ran WAY WAY too fast. I remember launching and less than 3 seconds later being blown to bits by one Dralathi firing at lightning speed. Fortunately I was able to get a copy of Moslo from Origin tech support. But that really freaked me out for a while... :( I should have known something was wrong when the whole breifing ended in like 5 seconds...:rolleyes:

The first mission of WC2 where you come across the Concordia, locked in battle with the Fralthi. I burned in close to the carrier to try and use the flak to my advantage, and mid-dogfight turned to face the Concordia... which was firing it's PTC. I pulled up as hard as I could and hit the afterburners, screaming "ooooohhhh sh********t!" the whole way... fortunately, I was fast enough to avoid the blast, but I needed to pause the game and change my shorts afterwards.

Okay, there were some good thoughts in there. I quite like how the bio weapons were mentioned by TopGun. Moving away from scariest moments (feel free to keep talking about them if you want), which scene, if any, made you grieve the most? For me, no contest. Heaven's Gate in Wing Commander 2. Also, what happened in Loki filled me with equal parts grief and rage.

Originally posted by Wedge009
You were playing WC while your girlfriend was at your house? I think you have odd priorities.

No, i don´t have odd priorities, she can watch a movie that i don´t like, then i play with the PC ,Or she want to read something, then she reads and i watch the TV.
There isn´t any odd in that, i´m not chained to her, and we can make different things, when we are together.

Well if I dont have to dogfight in the asteroids with some Kilrathi I always have a speed about 100-120 Kps...
Only 120 kps? That's crawling. 'Safe' speed in asteroids is supposed to be 250 kps. In Privateer, I get impatient and fly at 370-380 kps.

...and I push a little the afterburners when a rock is coming very fast at me.
I will sometimes fly at max speed in the asteroids during combat in WC1/2, but I wouldn't dare touch the afterburners, because that usually means instant death. I used to get so impatient flying through asteroids in WC2, when I think I've come out of the field I would hit the afterburners so I would be able to autopilot quicker...

Originally posted by Starkey
My personal scariest moment happened in one of the first times I played Priv1. My Tarsus got rocked by a Kilrathi squadron and after the battle I had no shields, no afterburners and all of the other systems were red. My maximum speed was 32kps and I still didn´t have that life-saving droid. When I (barely) reached Achilles two pirates showed up. I pleaded for my life repeatedly and luckily they gave up finishing with my wrecked ship.
I seldom get bashed that badly [most of the time they barely scratch my armour if they ever get through my shields], but I have suffered complete loss of components (such as shields) before. The worst thing is when they completely kill your engines. You just have to sit there and take it. :/

It´s easy to fly into an asteroid field with AB in Privateer.
That's right, and easier to fly into an asteroid too. ;)

Originally posted by Manic
I was fast enough to avoid the blast, but I needed to pause the game and change my shorts afterwards.
Ewww. You're... kidding, right?

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
I quite like how the bio weapons were mentioned by TopGun.
Don't I get any points?
Originally posted by Wedge009
The Telamon victim looked quite scary...

There isn´t any odd in that, i´m not chained to her, and we can make different things, when we are together.
Sorry, does she live with you? I thought she'd just be at your house for a visit, or something - there'd be plenty of other times to play WC.

Back