Reply to this message with new WC ideas

Let's try to get back on the original topic

We've been posting a lot of unique ideas, but we're kind of getting off the topic. So far, we've discussed for new WC game ideas: boarding capships and other craft to capture them, unique equipment like strawberry jam to jam radar antennas, gum ammunition (to immobilize turrets & cannons), various leech EMP blasters, drones, fletchette sprays, cloaking devices, gigantic screens to keep ships from seeing other ships, decoys (including capship sized decoys), multiplayer options (like a cooperative mode in that you and several others work together to complete the game), competitive multiplayer games, armor piercing shells, mecha units, nonlethal bioviruses, no more "infinite fighters & capships" -- in that if you lose a fighter, capship, etc. then you lost such equipment for good, and I think I posted something called a "spyfly" -- a robotic fly designed for spying. Did I miss anyone's ideas?

cb:Thing is, I've been having a hard time finding WC PC games in stores.

Really, do you have any stores in your area that deal specifically with computer games? Even if they don't have them on the shelves or in the bins, they still might be able to order them in from there suppliers. If that doesn't work you could try ebay. wing commander 4 pops up from time to time.

Armor piercing shells...ever hear of the Stormfire?
Flachette...do you know how many systems would crash if dozens of projectiles were spawned simultaneously from one or more missiles from multiple ships? I don't think that's practical.
Cloaks haven't proven promissing against the bugs and certain powers have the ability to reduce it's effectiveness.
Jam? What would some gelatinous food do against an electronic system protected by shields?
What's the point in nonlethal viruses?

Oh someone got it but thought he'd poke further fun at the ridiculous film.
Anyone else read the novelization? It's amazing what you read an an early age.:)

All kidding aside, a modified Seahawk flight could prove to add some inventive flying. One mission of that is all I could take though, but for one mission? Doubt it'd be worth the trouble.

[Edited by Death's Head on 01-02-2001 at 00:49]

How should capships be captured?

How should future WC games be designed so that capships can be captured?

I've got the following ideas:

*Leech EMP weapons to disable capships
*Cannons that shoot glue bombs to immobilize units
*Drones to board, fight, and crew captured ships using guns that fire fletchettes coated with non-lethal viruses (they're non-lethal so enemy personnel won't be killed so the personnel can be taken prisoner)
*Cloakable missiles & ships to deliver all kinds of "presents"
*mecha units to land on a capship's outer hull to neutralize turrets, assist in providing suppressing fire to support boarding parties, other activities
*gigantic screens to block line of sight in many, if not all directions so capships have lesser ability to know where to deploy defending troops
*decoy units to give capships more to think about and to give capships the false illusion that boarding parties are going to board the ship at one location instead of another

Does anyone have any other ideas?

So, basicly you've summed up most of your previous ideas from this thread, the most improbable and stupid no less, and you posted them again...:)

<sarcasm>The "Credit Gun". Assuming all forms of physical money haven't been phased out you can shoot creds at your enemy and they'll be too busy trying to scoop up all that cash to bother with you. Great idea!</sarcasm>

Meson: The 'glue' is supposed to gum up turrets and the like. I think that's what he's getting at. If you ask me if you really needed to disable a capship for whatever reason, a bigger version of the leech missle or leech cannon would do.

Long time

First I appoligise for my last response but Earthworm I know they were around they helped fix the ships systems but on another note how?

Second I've got it. The big Idea.
The new wc could have a sp series on it but the killer would be an online war ever the AI verse humans or Humans verse humans where we play out the Confed bug war online with squads and stragige. Think Amarda Command and conquer and thats what I'm on about.

new idea off topic

i think a game with prophecy graphics, i liked the ships and such. but in a priv format. use it in the mainsream of confed. you can join the clans, be a kilrathi rebel, or join confed and fly patrols and such. also, have occasional blups with the bugs, tie in a little story line, and then you can go with a sequel to SO with that. also, just came to mind, can join the border worlds too. of course through in multiplayer, at least direct modem or network. also, have the option to command a fleet of ships, once you can afford it. start with two, end wih a carrier and major corp sponsership (or confeds/kilrathi). be able to buy old confed ships off market, since not in use anymore, and this allows you to play all your favorites, from he shmitar to the vampire... howerver his would probably be like an 8-10 disc game and i doubt it will ever be done, but theres the idea.

cadet..

RE: To Earthworm

EW: So, basicly you've summed up most of your previous ideas from this thread, the most improbable and stupid no less, and you posted them again

CB: If they're so stupid, I guess if I use them against you in a WC Armada like game, it's probable I'll lose. If you truly believe that, we should play such a game against each other sometime and then post the results here on this message board.

Well the ideas aren't so bad for a cartoony universe. Think Freakazoid crossed with WC. If I played a character with an over sized head and four fingers I could see myself firing a glue gun. But this is WC, and WC in some way is meant to be believable. And no one in their right mind would develop a glue gun.

Back