Reply to this message with new WC ideas

Eh, skiping all those funny ideas, you want to decide where your capship goes? Do you want to play a space sim or a strategy game?

RE: To Earthworm's message

Actually, I'd like the next game to be a mix of both -- it could be a simulation that requires some strategic thinking on behalf of the players -- kind of like something similar to what would be considered multiplayer Blast Radius if you've seen that PlayStation game.

WC started as a space sim, and I think it should stay as a space sim. True, there was Armada, but it's strategy aspect wasn't great, and making hybrid games can be problematic (although if done right, they can be much better than standard games). Still, most people play WC for it's simplicity and fast action, and I don't think that flying fighters and than moving your fleet around would provide that.

The way I see it, a strategic WC game could have us as a Wing Commander planing attacks, moving fighter units around, and making sugestions to the battle group/carrier CO. Planning ground support for marines etc, similar to what Bear was doing in ER, but I wouldn't really want to be in charge of battle gorups.

I just like to be able to chose the mission from a list (no prob since I am the squadron commander), Taking charge of a Battle group for me would be too much, If I want a stategy game I go play Comand and Conquer.

I would like 1st to see another WC space sim, with you as squadron commander like blair. but I would also like to see a wing commander version of StarTrek: Fleet Command where people can pilot a cap ship (be it a frigate or a carrier ect) and fight it against other capships, yet have carriers be able to launch fighers, but have them not do to much in the way of damnage. Just a thought, possibly for a future fan project. :)

I think most of us are forgetting that there won't even be another WC game for a while, though I don't think the idea of changing or altering the current genre is good, anyway.

As for fan projects, I'd imagine they'd be very difficult to get of the ground (ie, 'born' :) ) let alone be completed. And as Kris (I think) pointed out, they're unofficial. Which can be a pity, cos no matter how good they might be, (and some of them are), they're not part of the WCU as we know it, unless Origin decides to put elements of it in the next WC game. Assuming there will be one, which I'm sure there will be... one day...

piloting a carrier now that would be boring, watching your fighters fly around while u sit and just do nothing, unless u really want to be a turret gunner, and i dont.

id rather have my own virtual shipyard where i could watch my custom paint jobs dry

Your wrong, because in battle, you have to manuver and you have guns that you must use as well, or you could be the captain of the Connie thus you have heavy anti-capship weapons as well, not that the Vesuvii and Midways don't have heavy ion cannons to fight in cap ship battles, or captain a Hades and use the plasma cannon and its 6 torpedo tubes against other capitol ships, and there aren't only carriers, there are destroyers cruisers ect.

How about an all inclusive game. One where you can manage everything. Like Battlecruiser 3000AD. (except a much better game. this one wasn't very good.) you managed everything. You were the captain of the ship, could lead the fighters into battle while piloting one of them, you could be the shuttle pilot ferrying the marines to combat, and to top it all off, you could drive a 4x4 on the surface of the planets you entered. Now there's an idea for a game. Battlecruiser 3000ad just failed miserably. Throw in all the WC elements and you have yourself an instant #1 seller.

piloting cap ships would be a great thing to do, just not carriers. anyone played a game called klingon academy? that had the physics just right, altho many people just slagged it off. and you could kick klingon ass if you wanted to... if u were prepared to spend your life on rura penthe (sp?)

It all depends on who's point of view you are looking at it from. I choose to support the Zerg.

Thank You. Now cringe beneath my might.

TC

Ahh the Protoss are my favorite guys to play with in the game and they are a noble proud and honorable race, while the zerg are just conquering everything, that is like saying you want the Yuuzhan Vong or the Nephilim to win. Its just not Kosher

Why not? Someone has to want them to win. Otherwise it would be stupid for them to fight. Picture this scene:

Random Zerg #1: Hmmm... Y'know, I really feel like loosing this war.
Random Zerg #2: Hey! You're right! Let's kill each other!
Random Zerg #1: OK!

And then they do.

TC

Obviously, as far as the Zerg are concerned, they are the good guys :). After all, are they not trying to unite the universe?

Hell I like Kerrigan despite all that crap she still have some humanity in her, its that Bastard that feed her to the zergs that I want a shoot at.

Back