Release date announcement!

Ok!I recently saw that TCS Kipling(my fav Dauntless) is in Standoff! Thats very good ,Standoff`s and Unknown Enemy`s Fiction has continuinity . :) Very good.

Actually, no, the Kipling is just mentioned on the website as a Bengal-class currently in service. IIRC, no Bengals show up during the campaign, though (except perhaps in a drydock in Sol somewhere). Fleet Action's list of Confed carriers ready to fight when the cats attack is pretty brief, and there's no room for additional ships (shhhh... don't tell that to the TCS Firekka :p ).

However, there will be at least one UE reference in Standoff.

Quarto said:
Actually, no, the Kipling is just mentioned on the website as a Bengal-class currently in service. IIRC, no Bengals show up during the campaign, though (except perhaps in a drydock in Sol somewhere).
I'm thinking about making the drydocked Bengal be the Kipling, though, so the player can let it get destroyed and thus prevent UE from ever happening. :D

Quarto said:
Fleet Action's list of Confed carriers ready to fight when the cats attack is pretty brief, and there's no room for additional ships (shhhh... don't tell that to the TCS Firekka :p ).
What, like that is an actual carrier.

Eder said:
I'm thinking about making the drydocked Bengal be the Kipling, though, so the player can let it get destroyed and thus prevent UE from ever happening. :D

Actually, according to Fleet Tactics, the drydocked Bengal was the TCS Wolfhound which was destroyed. According to them, the Kipling had been retired in 2661 after severe battle damage and was in a junkyard somewhere in Confederation space.

Eh, I'm pretty sure they either made that up out of nowhere or made it so partly due to a request from us.

I'm absolutely positive FA makes no mention of the Wolfhound whatsoever, or I'd have that in my notes.

Hold on...yep. I'm mistaken. But LOAF's fleet carrier list shows the Wolfhound in service in 2668 but does not in 2669. Since we know the names of all the fleet carriers in the BoE (Concordia, Lexington, Saratoga, Movska, Vedun, Ark Royal and Leyte Gulf[/i). We also know the names off all carriers drydocked in locations other than Earth. (Armageddon, Winterrowd, Illustrious, Valiant, Hemes, Invincible and Liberty.) The list states that Wolfhound, AusterlitzandCopenhagen were destroyed while in drydock on the moon.

LOAF's never claimed his list to be canon - in many places, it's basically guesswork, which can be true, but doesn't have to be. In the case of the Wolfhound, he's presumably based his status on the fact that it never again appears after 2668, while all those carriers mentioned in WC3 just had to be in drydock some place other than Earth in order to survive.

What it all comes down to, ultimately, is the simple fact that no source has ever specifically stated which ships were destroyed in dock during BoT and which survived. We know some of the ships that survived, but that's all. Anything else is just guesswork and assumptions.

Sylvester said:
Hold on...yep. I'm mistaken. But LOAF's fleet carrier list shows the Wolfhound in service in 2668 but does not in 2669. Since we know the names of all the fleet carriers in the BoE (Concordia, Lexington, Saratoga, Movska, Vedun, Ark Royal and Leyte Gulf[/i).

So far so good. And the Wolfhound being in service in 2668 and not in 2669 could mean a number of things.
Sylvester said:
We also know the names off all carriers drydocked in locations other than Earth. (Armageddon, Winterrowd, Illustrious, Valiant, Hemes, Invincible and Liberty.)
Now where's that from?
Sylvester said:
The list states that Wolfhound, AusterlitzandCopenhagen were destroyed while in drydock on the moon.
Ditto for this. At least the version of LOAF's list I'm looking at doesn't even mention any TCS Copenhagen during the BoT. And even if it did, it might not prove anything... like Quarto said, some things in LOAF's list are assumptions, some backed by canon, but some are just not contradicted by it.

Heh, come to think of it, what are you talking about, Sylvester? LOAF's carrier list specifically states that it doesn't list Bengals. There's no Wolfhound on it in 2669, 2668, or any year.

Oh pish.
I stay up till 6am doing voiceovers one night, 5am the next, then I take one day off for work/well-earned beer in a friends spa, and it's all 'Tempest isn't here' :p

Well I'm back for tonight (most likely)! And tonight we should take more steps forward.

I can tell everyone this. No matter what, you're going to be surprised. This game is really an amazing work or art, and a lot of people's passion for Wing Commander has been put into it. We all hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it. And by that, I hope it stresses you all out severely and puts you on the verge of nervous breakdowns.

Tempest said:
Oh pish.
I stay up till 6am doing voiceovers one night, 5am the next, then I take one day off for work/well-earned beer in a friends spa, and it's all 'Tempest isn't here' :p
Honestly? :p It was actually more like "thank God Tempest isn't here throwing more voiceovers at me". It was a nice break after the past two days... a very nice break, that I used to play catch-up, numbering and converting those voiceovers I didn't get done the day before :(.

...I need a break. Could somebody please kill me and resurrect me after Standoff's been released? Or, you know, at least clone me? :p

Come now. I was laying in a spa with a /beer/. I think I've done enough relaxing for the both of us. At least 'till the 23rd. Now.. *cracks the whip and throws more voiceovers* Let's stay up all night! Yay!

Dammit, I wish I had a functioning program so I could help with voiceovers. However, I don't, so I guess I can't :(

Don't matter at this stage. Tempest and I have the voiceovers covered, and while it's hugely time consuming, it would be even more time consuming to have to brief an additional person on what needs to be done.

I tried using whatever it was Eder had been using, and couldn't get it to function correctly. Shortly after that, RL problems took precedence over Standoff problems, and I had to step down.

. . . Enter Tempest . . .

Back