Release date announcement!

I'm glad we waited to get all of our ducks in a row before trying to release it. If we'd released anything earlier this year, as incomplete as it was, it'd have been a mess. This mod kicks ass!

I'm not quite sure what Overmortal means, actually - I don't think anybody's ever seriously considered releasing Standoff unfinished :p.

there are simulator missions to break us in to your new insane form of space combat. (Evil chaotic grin)

Deadeye79 said:
Overmortal? To be very killable maybe?

"Over Mortal" was the name of a band I used to be in. It was short for "Overcoming Mortality". We were a Christian punk band.

And, Quarto, I was referring to a time, long ago, when we were trying to have the prologue ready to release by April of '04. It was pretty crazy. And it's nuts to see how far this game has come, and how close this prologue is to fruition!

overmortal said:
And, Quarto, I was referring to a time, long ago, when we were trying to have the prologue ready to release by April of '04. It was pretty crazy. And it's nuts to see how far this game has come, and how close this prologue is to fruition!
Wow, April 2004? I don't even remember that any more. So long ago... and so unrealistic ;).

powell99 said:
there are simulator missions to break us in to your new insane form of space combat. (Evil chaotic grin)
Actually, the sim will only appear from episode 2 onwards - if we wanted to have it in the prologue, we definitely wouldn't make the deadline.

Quarto said:
Wow, April 2004? I don't even remember that any more. So long ago... and so unrealistic ;).

Yes, considering how we're still scrambling a little to tie up loose ends in the prologue, I can just imagine how an April release would have looked. (It'd have been one mission, flying a stilleto around without voiceovers, getting the ever-loving hell shot out of you by a handfull of Talons)

I'm sure Eder will update the website when Standoff is released :p.

(and maybe he'll do it earlier, as well - but for the time being, we're sorta busy doing stuff that's actually necessary to release the game)

Yeah... Quarto for example had 422 voiceovers to convert today... because Tempest hasn't been online to send him the rest. :)

The amount of dedication a team can put in to such a phenomenal work without expecting any payment in return is humbling

Yes indeed, 422 is the number of the day.

In case anybody's curious, my current estimate is that the Prologue will end up with upwards of 500 lines, possibly as much as 550. So, that should give you some insight into the eternal question of "how can they keep whining about the voiceovers taking up lots of time?" :p Basically, where UE had maybe about a hundred voiceovers altogether, we have a few more.

And I'm tired. I should be patching missions, really. Ever since Tempest got back, I haven't had enough time to keep up with both voiceovers and beta-tester bug reports :(.

Is Episode 1 the Prologue ,or the prologue includes more episodes than 1 ?

UEUEUEUEUE

The Prologue is Episode 1. And that's what we should be calling it, really, except that we're used to calling it the Prologue from the days when Standoff was divided into just the Prologue and the Main Campaign.

Back