Read this shit!

Back ta Thread

Forgot to tell ya, do u know who made the 8 games the ad was talking about? EA!

EA put the ad in the cgw mag just ta dis wing commander!(they must still be mad at chris 4 leaving) or there trying real hard to bury wing commander 4ever!

i mean let's be real here, there are NOT many of us left to cheer on WC....and every day i see more and more fan leave wing commander forever(sob)

If something does not happen soon....I fear wc will.....(sob)

Well, what i do know is I've played WC ever since WC1 and i even set up an old DOS comp to play Armada,Privateer,and WCA.

So I ask as an Elite as a fellow wing commander....Is there no hope for WC? Is the end coming at last? what can be done?

Originally posted by mpanty
And if moderators were doing their jobs, we would never see it...

Of course, it's kind of hard to censor a Space Marshal...
It's been done before... but saying shit and fuck is certainly not anywhere close to excessive - especially when it's for a good cause, like stopping people from speaking in ALL-CAPS.

Re: Back ta Thread

Originally posted by DADADA
Forgot to tell ya, do u know who made the 8 games the ad was talking about? EA!

EA put the ad in the cgw mag just ta dis wing commander!(they must still be mad at chris 4 leaving) or there trying real hard to bury wing commander 4ever!

i mean let's be real here, there are NOT many of us left to cheer on WC....and every day i see more and more fan leave wing commander forever(sob)

If something does not happen soon....I fear wc will.....(sob)

Well, what i do know is I've played WC ever since WC1 and i even set up an old DOS comp to play Armada,Privateer,and WCA.

So I ask as an Elite as a fellow wing commander....Is there no hope for WC? Is the end coming at last? what can be done?

Stop telling such awful things! You are scaring me! I do not think that true fans abandon WC only because it has been some time since a game came out. And do not forget: There is always hope! And if not we still have all the great games that Origin provided us with and they are fun to play even for the hundreds time.

It's not an *advertisement* in CGW -- it's the fricking *COVER ARTICLE*. CGW wrote that, EA didn't have anything to do with it.

But.....

Still,Origin betrayed us three times before and are still trying to destroy all Wing Commander traits from flight sims(and are winning at that!)

You are right in one thing, true Wing Commander fans would not leave "just like that" but how many true fans are left?
and how long will it be until we're all gone?

what can be done?

thease i fear are evil days...........

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
It's not an *advertisement* in CGW -- it's the fricking *COVER ARTICLE*. CGW wrote that, EA didn't have anything to do with it.

picky,picky....i said ad for lack of a better term,and if u had looked in the mag u would have found that EA were the one's who made the games to which the "cover story" was refering, EA was also bold enough to put in their names and all....(yes i'm bitter)

I mean when my friends gave me the issue i turned white,and i couldn't breath right for at least three hours after...
...i could not beleave what it said.....ASTEROIDS!?!?!?!

By the Maker.....MAY THEY ROT IN HELL!!!

Origin didn't 'betray' anyone -- they're a company, they produce games that make money. When they think Wing Commander will make money, they will make more Wing Commander games. This will happen.

How quickly we forget that Origin has given us quite a lot -- Proving Grounds, Secret Ops, the Kilrathi Saga addons... all free!

EA didn't have anything to do with the CGW article -- CGW picked what games to talk about, and they wrote their own headline...

Here's a good answer to the whole debate.

While there are no new WC games cominbg out. Wing Commander is not as graphically sophisticated anymore. However, the storylines within WC are still better than anything on the market, ever. The games may not look as amazing as some of newer space sims, but what other space sims spawned their own book serieses and movie-Star Wars doesn't count because it was a movie before it was a game:)
I still play old Nintendo and Atari games, including Asteroids, because they are fun games. Part of the fun of Wing Commander is getting into the storylines and even, at times, affecting their course.
Nothing will ever top Wing Commander short off another Wing Commander, or possibly Star or Freelancer-if Chris Roberts is working on it that is.
Besides, I haven't seen a game yet that could match the acting or dialog of the last three games.

Shaggy, You should see the mod I'm doing for Freespace2. I'm going to use the command briefings for the conversation. I can even use them to effect the outcome of the war so I wouldn't say that Wing Commander can't be reached for storyline quality. YES I do still believe a remake of Wing Commander 1, 2, & 3 would be better, but we can only hope. *sigh*

I think they should dump the existing Wing Commander games, *ducks hordes of fish being thrown* I think they SHOULD REMAKE the entire series complete with mission editors for the fans, and a Beautiful new engine. (I also think it should be done by Volition and not EA) EA is way to corporate while Volition is still a small company, and Volition ake games with damn good graphics as well as damn good storylines.

Volition make a new WC game?! :rolleyes: Well, maybe they could if they remove the rails you fly on and put in afterburners that dont shake the entire universe when they kick in and make the fighters fly like fighters instead of dead bricks!

RFBurns

what the hell are you talking about?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Origin didn't 'betray' anyone -- they're a company, they produce games that make money. When they think Wing Commander will make money, they will make more Wing Commander games. This will happen.

How quickly we forget that Origin has given us quite a lot -- Proving Grounds, Secret Ops, the Kilrathi Saga addons... all free!

EA didn't have anything to do with the CGW article -- CGW picked what games to talk about, and they wrote their own headline...

Yes, they did.
they paid for it look at the page itself, most of if not all of the games its talking about are EA brand

and HOW can you say "Origin didn't 'betray' anyone"
they did, they were trying to make Chris Roberts make all new WCs multi-player ONLY!!! + they(to this day have put a cold lock on all Wing Commander copy rights!(so NO new games without there OK) ++ they are now trying to bury WC with countless(and mindless) flight sims!

so stop defending the trash!!!!!!

Jeez this kid lays it on think :D ! The day EA pays for and designs CGW acticles is the day the CGW writers are fired :) . Obviously there not going to let every one run around half cocked releasing there own wing commander games and thus profiting from origin's property. Also it's EA not origin with all the new flight-sims, not that it matters. As loaf as already pointed out Origin has even given us some free stuff [proving grounds, Secret ops].

hmp

True, but EA and Origin are attached at the hip thease days...

and free shit is NO reason to roll over play dead!
and the mag wouldn't have had it if EA hadn't paid!(duh)

Re: hmp

Originally posted by DADADA

and free shit is NO reason to roll over play dead!
and the mag wouldn't have had it if EA hadn't paid!(duh)

Indeed, if its a profit issue causing the lack of any new WC game and availability of older ones, Whisky Tango Foxtrot does EA/OSI think they are doing by letting magazines publish the games on a compilation CD that is free in the magazine?....Where does EA/OSI make money, is it by the magazines sales they get some precentage? If that is the case, they are getting screwed in the backside cause they could make far more profit from selling the games direct from their website! Oh my!!
(should we call in the resupply of vaseline?)
RFBurns

The mags normally pay a small fee, and I doubt they plan to make money off of WCI and WCII but they probably figure if alot of peeps get them in the mags they will remember WC and so the next wc game will be a biger hit

In a small way that makes sense Nap, but if that was the intention, you would think they would update the web site and send regular news releases about it. I would also think that if they are trying to use the magazines as a catalyst to revive or attract new WC fans, it (games) would be at the EA online store!! It almost sounds like they are fighting themselves. To have to pay a magazine to get attention to a product they wont even post for sale on their own site is,..well as Mr. Spock always says.."Not Logical".

RFBurns

Funny, PC gamer (or whatever magazine would do that) is going to make money out of WC II KS after all, since I dont buy that magazine but I will buy that issue in order to have that game.
However this is not the first case that a full game is on Magazine CD, Bermuda syndrome was in Joystick (and its not the only full game that was free with a Joystick issue) and I belive that other magazines do the same thing.
Its marketing.

Point, but I am not a buyer of PC Gamer, if I buy a issue if only for the game, I will read the magazine and if I like it, I could start to buy it on a regual base.

Back