Spaceman
I Can't take it!
EA is low , i mean LOW!!!!!

I read a Computer Gaming World mag and it said:

"8 New games that make Wing Commander look like Asteroids"

........asteroids.....ASTEROIDS!?!?!?!

HOW DARE THEY!
HOW COULD THEY!

First no new Wing Commanders(sob) NOW THIS!!!!!
and here the best part , the games they're talking about suck BIG TIME! i mean i'd rather play pong than thease peaces of crap!

PS: they're site is "cgw.gamespot.com" for anyone who wants to share his or her thoughts on the matter(lol)

Nothing will ever top WC until a new WC game is released. Till then, nothing can touch or even come close to WC.

RFBurns

don't u think they're kind of paying WC a compliment?

in advertising language what they're saying is "wasn't WC ace and complex and things.. well are latest stuff is so ace they make something as good as that look like an old (but still fun) game.. why not part with your hard earned cash for them?"

or something

No. Calling WC asteriods is an insult. Do you have to pop in a quarter in your computer, just to get three lives, so you can play WC? No. I didn't think so. Asteriods had no story, no revolutionary, music, graphics, or anything. There is simply no comparison to WC there. How rude of them. Nothing will ever beat WC, except for another WC game.

God, you guys! It's just a marketing tool to say how good these games (whatever they are) are. They're not saying that WC is "like" Asteroids. And hey, since the WCU is dead (as far as EA is concerned) then I welcome any challengers that are going to try to replace WC as "The Game To Beat".

You know what? I think I am starting to hate ea. They just recently released a top ten pack, and guess what? no WC. hell, sim hospital made it into the pack. please someone tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks that that is just ludicrious. ugh!

I would really like to see them selling WC2 somehow somewhere, I really really really want the KS version of it :( But also I do take that ad. ploy as an insult since nothing will ever come close to any of the WC's

Its the same ol song and dance with EA. They should come out with a trilogy pak that has every single WC game in it with all the special and secret missions ever made for the games. They could use the KS release to cover WC1-3 and simply add WCIV and V w/SO and all the other games, Privateer, P2, Armada, Academy, and any other game that came out in the series. Promote it via net and places like the CIC and BlackLance HQ sites. Have very limited support and sell it online. They may not make millions but they could make something. But again, its the same ol song and dance with this deal!

RFBurns

True, but eventually, they will get tired of the same ol song and want to change the tune. And what better way to change the tune, than to release a 'collectors pack'?

Privateer and Armada dont work with Windows, Academy would need the same work that WC I and II needed in KS.
WC II KS could show up very soon, its under negotiations to be on a mag CD.

Privateer does not work in windows and Academy requires a slow down, as for Armada tht dependes of the way that you make for it to run.

Wing commander academy version a904 works in windows with no tinkering what-so-ever. They could simply put that version in.

Originally posted by Napoleon
I would really like to see them selling WC2 somehow somewhere, I really really really want the KS version of it :( But also I do take that ad. ploy as an insult since nothing will ever come close to any of the WC's
But can you imagine how good a game would be to make WC look like Asteroids!?! I say "Bring it on!".

Originally posted by Dekkar
Wing commander academy version a904 works in windows with no tinkering what-so-ever. They could simply put that version in.

Theres half the battle taken care of!! They could also put up a note and ask for some of these coders out here to work with those versions and make em speed adjusted etc. But they are stingy and dont want anyone to have the source codes. Or could it be that they are going to suprise us one of these days with something like a collectors pak with everything under the sun in it!! Oh boy!! :D

RFBurns

Originally posted by Dragon
Privateer and Armada dont work with Windows, Academy would need the same work that WC I and II needed in KS.
WC II KS could show up very soon, its under negotiations to be on a mag CD.

Are you sure you are not refering to WarCraft 2 that was on a CD in february?

No, I am talking about that mag (PC something, I think) that had put WC I KS on a CD before, now they want to put WC II KS on a CD as well.

Yeah, i heard that too in anothjer thread. BTW do you know if there is a possibility to get "PC Gamer" (I think it was that mag) in Germany? I already missed the KS 1 CD, so perhaps I could at least grab the 2nd CD.

Back