Q about doomsday

Well, I guess that might be true (though I don't really belive in ejecting too late- try after-burning toward a cap ship and eject just before you smash into it, and I mean RIGHT BEFORE . That's not so easy).

In answer to your second question, Mad Hatter, see the first part of the sentence you quoted from LOAF. Nobody knows how Shotglass survived
smile.gif
VoW stands for Voices of War, which is the title of the WC Armada manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Death's Head said:
Yes, suppose, if you want to piss off your CO...After that, ejecting just wastes starfighters.

DH, I don't get that remark. I ment you should try that to see how hard ejecting is
smile.gif
. Play WC3, bash your fighter a bit, then lock your afterburner and head yourself to the victory. Try to eject a sec before you hit it.
Another example is when you play and your fighter is 1 more hit away from destruction. You don't think about it, and usually you get yourself killed (How much I hate experssing myself this way, I can never fully get my thoughts into words
smile.gif
)

Heh... that's the trouble with it being a computer game. When you are one hit away from death, you don't think about ejecting, but instead try to keep playing. It's because ejecting and death usually bear the same results in WC-like games.

Sorry, my bad. Should be 2 hits away from death. Let's say you wanna eject, after getting the first hit you'll never eject in time.

VoW mentions a gift from Shotglass,

from voices of war
"There’s the brass wing Shotglass gave me after K’Tithrak Mang."
Ah, yes LOAF, now I remember. Getting to be a long time since I played a WC game.

"DH, I don't get that remark. I ment you should try that to see how hard ejecting is "
It was a joke really, if you allow yourself to be picked up by SAR, you will be welcomed by the Captain.

Ok, I get it now
biggrin.gif

BTW, when you post a reply, are the old posts (the ones you see in the theard box) written in HTML or in the UBB code? My guess is no, however that's how I see them right now
confused.gif

Yes, the old ones are in the box. For us, the UBB code is enabled but I haven't seen at any time that I recall HTML code like color, strikethrough and all those neat little things in posts. The thread should read newest post to earliest. You can also check profiles and stuff from that same scrollable window.

I know that DH, but I see the posts written in UBB/HTML codes in the theard box when I'm posting a reply
confused.gif

Quarto said:
In answer to your second question, Mad Hatter, see the first part of the sentence you quoted from LOAF. Nobody knows how Shotglass survived
smile.gif

Yeah, that was kind of stupid of me, what I ment was - how is Shotglass mentioned in VoW.
I guess none of the books deal with it, do they?
I can`t think of a way he could have escaped the destruction of the Claw, unless he wasn`t onboard.
BTW, how did the rest of the crew survive?
Were they all on patrol? Did Helicon (SP?) make it? Am I asking too many questions?
smile.gif

Alas, no.

Whoa... that's FIVE questions answered at once
biggrin.gif

That's the only mention of Shotglass, MH.
The rest of the crew died. There were very few survivors indeed, and all of them were either pilots (who would have been flying at the time), or had been reassigned to other ships (Hunter may still have been on shore leave). Indeed, the only mystery is Shotglass
smile.gif
. BTW, General Halcyon also died.

Hmm... yes and no (and both according to canon sources
smile.gif
). The WC2 manual (or at least the one in the KSaga version) identifies him as Colonel. However, he was promoted to General at the very end of SM 2; Blair was even supposed to replace him as the CAG on the 'Claw. Furthermore, Blair refers to him as a General in WC2 (losing path conversation with ejected Jazz). Thus, we've got two sources telling us that he was a General, and one source - a manual known to be faulty in many ways, at that - telling us otherwise. Believe whichever one you choose.
smile.gif

damn! i really need to finish So1!

(my sound system is broken right now so i heven't played many games the last fuw weeks
mad.gif
frown.gif
)

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Realy WC fans support the WCSCRP

Tiger's Claw-Blair landed on the Austin, as did Hunter and Spirit. Angel had transferred to the Austin. Maniac, who knows-he could have been sent to a get well center or continued to fly and landed on Austin. Doomsday was on Austin for at least 6 months until transferred to the TCS Washington as Rapier squadron commander. Paladin retired from the Navy and went into helping Gorah Khar rebel as a covert ops opperative. Jazz stayed on the Austin until he went to the Concordia in mid-2656.

Concordia-Maniac was stranded in Deneb sector for a while, Angel was trasferred to covert ops, Blair was injured and recovering elsewhere, Hobbes went to the Wolfhound, IIRC, Doomsday went on R&R, and Tolwyn had to attend to the Behemoth.

Back