Q about doomsday

Quarto said:
Hunter may still have been on shore leave). Indeed, the only mystery is Shotglass
smile.gif
. BTW, General Halcyon also died.

Hunter was on an assignment whith Paladin, to try to infiltrate the Kilrathi base in Ghora Khar (the Claw went down like a week after he was suposed to go back on board). Along with Kirha, Paladin's assistant and K'Kai, they used the Boanie Heather to get there, and rescue kidnaped Firekkans.

Last edited by a moderator:
****Originally posted by Death's Head:
Tiger's Claw-Blair landed on the Austin,as did Hunter****

Nope, Hunter wasn't on the Claw at the time.

****and Spirit.****

Spirit was already on the Austin.

****Paladin retired from the Navy and went into helping Gorah Khar rebel as a covert ops opperative.****

He wasn't realy retired than now was he?
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited May 07, 2000).]

Earthworm said:

****Paladin retired from the Navy and went into helping Gorah Khar rebel as a covert ops opperative.****

He wasn't realy retired than now was he?
smile.gif

Well. DH did say he was "retired from the Navy," and not "retired from Confed."

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Meson said:
Well. DH did say he was "retired from the Navy," and not "retired from Confed."
I realy don't think you can retire from a branch of service... only from the military all together. Meanwhile, Paladin didn't even go to a different branch, Paladin wasn't in the navy. He was in the space forces since WC1, and at the time the Claw was destroyed he was still in there (suposedly retired).

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited May 07, 2000).]

What`s the Deal with the Austin? How come so many pilots got transfered there?

BTW, could be that Halcyon was promoted to general after his death, couldn`t it?
I don`t know about all armies, but in my country you get promoted automatically when you die.

Hunter was on an assignment whith Paladin, to try to infiltrate the Kilrathi base in Ghora Khar (the Claw went down like a week after he was suposed to go back on board). Along with Kirha, Paladin's assistant and K'Kai, they used the Boanie Heather to get there, and rescue kidnaped Firekkans.
Uh, yes. I do know what happened in FF, Earthworm. And it's the Bonnie Heather. BTW, this doesn't change the fact that Hunter WAS on shore leave. Or did you forget that he... borrowed... the Bonnie Heather?

Mad Hatter: The only pilot transferred TO the Austin was Angel. Both Jazz and Doomsday had been on the Austin alread - their assignment to the Tiger's Claw was only temporary.
And while Halcyon could be promoted posthumously, he wasn't. He was already a General when he died.

Yuze having trouble with SM1? In what way?

Why does Earthworm say Spirit was serving on the Austin as if she went with Angel? Someone point the reason for that one out for me.

Had she gone with Angel, then she would have been on the Austin already. What I'd like to know is where does it say she went with Angel
smile.gif

well, i did it! i completed WC completly now...

(i played a fuw missions of SM2 before and came very far, then hy hard drive crashed, and i never got around to it again...)

i like jazz's helmet floting in the endcredits
smile.gif
and maniac beeing stranded
biggrin.gif

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Realy WC fans support the WCSCRP

Quarto said:
Uh, yes. I do know what happened in FF, Earthworm. And it's the Bonnie Heather. BTW, this doesn't change the fact that Hunter WAS on shore leave. Or did you forget that he... borrowed... the Bonnie Heather?
Well, it can be seen both ways. He was on shore leave, and than he got pulled into the assignment with Paladin. True, Hunter and Paladin stole the Heather, but before that Hunter was working for Paladin in questioning Kirha.

Mad Hatter: The only pilot transferred TO the Austin was Angel. Both Jazz and Doomsday had been on the Austin alread - their assignment to the Tiger's Claw was only temporary.
Spirit was also transferred to the Austin IIRC.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited May 09, 2000).]

Lots of pilots were transferred to the AUstin -- check out the list in the WC2 section of the Kilrathi Saga Manual.

Well, far be it for me to disagree with LOAF of all people, but either it's lack of sleep or I just have a different edition of the KS manual, but the only transfer list I say was the four pilots transferred to the Concordia.

But... that's... what... I said...

My response was in regards to more than just Angel being transferred -- I didn't say anything about Spirit (who is *not* on that list).

I don't care if God 'imself was shipped to Austin. Which brings me back to my original question, where does Earthworm read Spirit being transfered to Austin? That's all I want to know.

Well, people generally don't get transferred off to the other end of the universe. The Austin was a carrier that seems to have operated in the same area as the 'Claw (at least in SM2 and afterwards). So, it was only natural that there would be some movement of pilots. But, let me reiterate that there weren't all that many of them being transferred:
First, there was Angel. She happened to get a promotion at the time that the Austin lost its Wing Commander.
Then there was Jazz and Doomsday. They, however, weren't transferred to the Austin, but rather to the 'Claw and back again.
As for Spirit, I still don't know where it says she got transferred. Earthworm's silence forces me to conclude that he also doesn't know, and therefore it didn't happen.

But actually, there is something very significant about the Austin. You see, Origin Systems Inc. is based in Austin, Texas.
smile.gif

Back