Playing around with Privateer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never liked the look of the Galaxy -- it was neat to fly a transport, but the actual ship looks like a pile of... parts <G>

The only thing I'd love to do now...

is strap myself into some civilian space ship, and shoot out all Retro fanatics I can find!!!!

BTW... in relevance, my country (Indonesia) is being threaten by several fanatics.

Well, yes... but, to our credit, we don't
hang around in Talons waiting to blast other sci-fi
Believers simply because they have not scene the Pure Light
That Is Wing Commander.

I think that's the difference .. fanatics who produce
soundtracks GOOD. Fanatics who ambush people in Talons
BAD.

Respectfully,

Brian p.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I really like Burrows. Like Q said, he isn't a benevolent hero, but a hero with some interest what's best for him. He is really cool.
No, he's an SOB . He's not cool at all, if you were to meet him - but it sure is fun to be him :).

But what don't you like about SWC/Priv Dralthis?
The shape. Yes, all Dralthi are basically variations of the same shape, but the Priv Dralthi is almost exactly circular. I'm sure there are people who find this very neat... but I don't :). I much prefer the original version, and the latter asymmetrical versions.

Originally posted by Quarto
I find Burrows a pleasant change, actually. You can do anything you like without feeling guilty about it. :)
Oh... "Burrows" is the official name (supposedly given for filming needs in Priv2, right? :) )...

What's his "official" first name and callsign then?

[Edited by mpanty on 05-31-2001 at 16:45]

Wha? P2 has a different character -- Lev Arris (Hebrew for Lionhearted... get it?)... P2 takes place over a hundred years after Prophecy, and is fairly unrelated to P1's story.

Grayson Burrows is the P1 characters name, from the original press release about Privateer...

Well... didn't you figure, from my post, that I didn't play P2 yet?.. :)

I Just made an assumption a (wrong) assumption, that the P1 and P2 players were the same... no need to react like I said a monstrosity... <G>

But thanks a lot for the explanation!

[Edited by mpanty on 05-31-2001 at 17:17]

Ehh, I figured you'd at least have been familiar with all the crazy "PRIVATEER 2 IS NOT WC!!!!!!!!" stuff. :)

Just great... I just realized I have this "non-consistency of the WCU" reputation with one of the CIC admins... what's more the "encyclopedia-guy"... ;)

Ain't life wonderful? :)

Well... I figured that if I read those, my fun when playing P2 (once I finally get my hands on it) would be spoiled, because some details of the end might be given away...
(like knowing the Blair thing in Prophecy before playing the game, grrrrrrr :mad:...)

There should be a giant "SPOILER" logo next to those threads... :)

I thought the end credits with the cartoon drawings of the game makers was neat! The music is great too!

I do have one question about the P2 ending where Lev meets up with his twin brother, are the actors portraying Lev and Sar actually brothers? They seem to sound similar and sort of had similar looks, baring Sar's gross appearance due to the sack-o-life drugs!

RFB

Even details of the plot in the mid-game could spoil it...
For instance, Blair's thingy in Prophecy happens quite before the ending... :)

Ooooops, I forgot:

!!!!@@@*** SPOILER ***@@@!!!! :D

And wait... your natural reaction to someone saying he didn't want to hear any P2 spoilers... is to ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THE END OF PRIVATEER 2? Jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back