Playing around with Privateer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grrr... those Kilrathi ships!!! :mad:

Their sprites were done so badly that you had to hit them precisely at the center to do some damage..,
Otherwise, the shots went just wide...

Or maybe it is just me sucking ass at deflection shooting... :D
(Mekt, you are dispensed from commenting on this matter <G> )

I never had any trouble hitting the cat ships at all. The Gothri is a bit hard to hit for some reason, but you might try rolling your ship while you fire, so your fire spread will "twist". This works pretty good.

RFB

Hey Bob, if your gonna make models, why not just make all of the ships in Privateer? Id like to see them capable of working in WCP and SO! Dont forget the Centurion, and might throw in the Drayman too! :)

RFB

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I think nobody disagrees that the Orion is the 2nd best ship in Priv1. ;)

Uh uh! The second best is the Centurion. The best is the Steltek Egg! Inpenetrable shields, 5 Steltek guns ... :p

Originally posted by Nemesis
Originally posted by Quarto I ran out of fuel once, but it was on purpose - I decided to check if the derelict base is really dragged away.
I did the same (and like you I must still be floating "out there" somewhere). I also once tried to see if I could find the jump point into Delta Prime before I was supposed to. Sure enough, the game produced it, I jumped, and then everything crashed. (So close!)
There's a button called self-destruct, y'know. ;) Anyway, I went to check whether the derelict base was there too, but I wouldn't try to get into Delta Prime - mission is long enough as it is!

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I think nobody disagrees that the Orion is the 2nd best ship in Priv1.
Hey! I disagree too! The Tarsus is second best! No really, I wouldn't call the Orion second best. And not just 'cause everyone else says so.

My connection from uni has gone very slow all of a sudden. :(

Originally posted by Wedge009
There's a button called self-destruct, y'know.
And what a fun button it is :).

My connection from uni has gone very slow all of a sudden.
I know what that's like :(. My situation here's improved, though, ever since they blocked AVIs, MP3s, and so on... but what's the use?

Never make assumptions... ;)

OK, mpanty there seem to be some people who disagree that the Orion is 2nd best flyable ship in Priv1. But when looking at the price, it is IMHO even the most efficient ship.
Now how many of you disagree that the Orion is 2nd best because you like even more than the Centurion, and how many like the Galaxy more than the Orion <shudder>.

My favourite non-player ships are the Kilrathi ships, the Talon and the Demon.

And mpanty:... nothing :p

Oh, well I disagreed just to be annoying :). Still, although I did actually buy an Orion and then upgrade to a Centurion, I really dislike the Orion's looks. I prefer... the Galaxy! The Tarsus ain't so bad either... and they're so rare that encountering one in space is like a huge event in itself ;).

And as for non-player ships, I love the Kamekh and Broadsword. In all other games, I also really like the Dralthi - but the Priv/SWC version of the Dralthi is just wrong.

[Edited by Quarto on 05-29-2001 at 06:40]

I love the Paradigm and the Gothri.
You can see at least 2 Tarsus together in some jumpoints.
And i dislike the Orion because is a jack-of-all-trades (sp)The Galaxy has more cargo bay and the Centurion is best suited to dogfighting.

Originally posted by Quarto
Oh, well I disagreed just to be annoying. <G>
We all figured that out... ;)

I really dislike the Orion's looks. I prefer... the Galaxy!
We're not in this for the looks... we're in this for... the money!!! The guy's a privateer after all! :)

BTW, what do you people think of the "virtues" given to our character... I mean, every time he speaks to someone, money is always the issue... we can't really say he's a "noble" character like Blair... <G>

Even when speaking with the Steltek capship, an option we get is "That information is going to cost you"...
A true credit-lover... <G>

Well the whole basic idea in Privateer is survival, be it in space combat or selling merchandise or flying missions for the ES and Confed. And it all wraps around credits, which buys the better equipment, better ships, etc. Almost like our world today, you go to work, earn money to buy food, housing, transportation etc...."survival"! :)

RFB

I find Burrows a pleasant change, actually. You can do anything you like without feeling guilty about it :).

I really like Burrows. Like Q said, he isn't a benevolent hero, but a hero with some interest what's best for him. He is really cool.
And Quarto, I am glad you don't really prefer the Galaxy to the Orion (as a ship, I mean). :) But what don't you like about SWC/Priv Dralthis?

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 05-31-2001 at 06:39]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back