Paladin in the movie: not Scottish enough?

no one on here ever told me to use capitals or punctuation its a lot easier to type without it. then i start doing it at work and i get my ass kicked

Sorry to point out this Master Anarchist, but you did indeed use punctuation. See that little dot "." that you used mid sentence. That is what is commonly referred to as a full stop.

Thank you for your attention :p

redwolf: what the bloody hell is a full stop, the period at the end of a sentence is called a period in every country that I know of that speaks english besides GB

damn right!

Why didn't they use John ryhs Davies, instead of the cheap americanised French Tchéky Karyo... Having lived in France for 10 years, I know what I'm talking about... Right now Karyo is better known in America than in his own country!!

Not to mention that the big boned Rhyes Davis who played the 60 year old Paladin in WC3 could not possibly play the 45 year old Paladin of WC1.

Good point EW, and btw congrats on being a general now, i guess i gotta suck up to you as well now that you are a moderator :) they could have gotten an actor who could have been davies in 15 years, instead of one who bears no resemballence to him in any way

Originally posted by Napoleon
Good point EW, and btw congrats on being a general now, i guess i gotta suck up to you as well now that you are a moderator :)
You better do! I'm especially a sucker for cinamon cookies and German choclate cake, e-mail me and I'll send you my address so you can send them to me... DAILY!:)
they could have gotten an actor who could have been davies in 15 years, instead of one who bears no resemballence to him in any way
I liked the movie Paladin, he looked much more like a middle aged, vet "teacher" that always had good advice than he did in the game IMO.

Nah, he just did not fit what I thought Paladin should look like, the paladin in WC1, blond hair with a long blond mustache

EXACTLY!!

Nah, he just did not fit what I thought Paladin should look like, the paladin in WC1, blond hair with a long blond mustache

That's what I meant... I did not mean to say Tchéky karyo was a bad actor because he's French... I just think he's a bad actor, period, or better yet: he acted badly in Wing Commander.
I mean seriously, you can't say that the French accent and his acting went altogether well with what Paladin is originally supposed to be: a TRUE SCOTSMAN!!

And as Napoleon said (the one from the post, not the French general... :) too many French people in this post! LOL), the cartoon image from the first Wing Commander was the best.

But I also liked John Rhys Davies...

hey i never said the cartoon image was the best! Davies was the best, what i said was for 2655/54 that is how paladin is supposed to look, the same way that blair inbetween 2655 adn 2669 is supposed to have blue hair

Hey come on Napoleon! I really don't think it was blue... it was just the reflection of light... probably because Blair used too much gel! LOL

And yes, John Rhys Davies made an excellent Paladin, and he really must have enjoyed shooting the Price of Freedom (well, in the Heart of the Tiger he didn't really get to act in front of a real set, right?).

redwolf: what the bloody hell is a full stop, the period at the end of a sentence is called a period in every country that I know of that speaks english besides GB

What the heck?!

A period is something women get about every 28 days.

A full stop is that 'dot' you see at the end of every sentence.

The only people I know who use "period" instead of "full stop" are Americans.

Yes, I know CIC is hosted in the US.

The Canadians, the Philipines, the swedes (english is the second lanquage in sweden), the United states (the country that contains more english speaking people than all other countries except for China). A full stop is another term for a complet or total stop, ie reducing one's positive velocity to zero

Napoleon...let me invite you to another part of the world...THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE! *shock* *horror*

Yes its true!!! There is another part of the world! It is called "The Southern Hemisphere". Now, you may not have heard of this weird, wacky and wonderful place, but let me give you a short geography lesson.

Its the part of the world many people in the Northern Hemisphere tend to ignore. It includes a couple of English speaking countries (oh no! not more?!?!? sure not!).

Funnily enough, one of these nations held the last Olympics. You probably haven't heard of it, its called, AUSTRALIA! *wow*

Where is all this heading? Because in Australia (and New Zealand), a 'period' is called a full stop. Great Britain is not the only nation that calls it a full stop. Thank you for your attention. :)

Back