Paladin in the movie: not Scottish enough?

Originally posted by redwolf
Well you tell me mate, whats more likely, as Napoleon said, to keep an accent you've had for years, or to change.
Paladin DIDN'T have that accent for years... just because we see it in he games doesn't mean he uses it 24/7...

As for changing accents, sure, you can change it, but can you keep it up for ages on end. Very unlikely.
Myself, no, not for long. I sometimes switch between my Polish and American accents. And since I'm taking French I'll sometimes try and use that too. But for a trained spy that should be much easier.

Yet its true. If he's not Scottish, its crap!

Anyway, Paladin in the movie sucked hole. John Rhys Davies was so much better! (ok ok he was playing an older Paladin). All I can say is the more and more I think of it, I have to agree with a lot of the critics...the movie was fully botched.

He is english, so if they had him just do a normal english accent like in then perhaps you would have liked it better. If you look at every other bit of his work (indian jones, sliders) then you will see that either he always uses a fake british accent, or that is his native accent

For your convenience, the English language now includes punctuation and capitalization -- please feel free to use them in future posts.

I think that some african languages do not. But hey who knows, but is it just me or is the grammar in that Ghost post out of wack, because I can't make heads or tails of it.

Back